CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The only thing more skill oriented is that a 1 hit kill is hard to get, the issue with it is like you said it comes with too much ammo, the clip size is too big, and you can shoot it too fast. Rockets >>>>>> Fuel Rod

Gonna disagree. Rockets splash damage are crazy. I'd say if you use a Fuel Rod properly it does more damage for the skilled user. Rockets are easier but grants less kills.

What we need is a grenade launcher and a map with great angles and clean textures to show it off

I really hope that is the next weapon they bring back (aside from the grav hammer of course). Made Sword Base worth playing by it alone

• Upvote (+1) 1

IMO the 'easiest' weapons to use in the game are the automatics. If were going to complain about the fuel rod, we should be more upset about the Plasma Rifle and SMG being overpowered, extremely easy to use, and there being many more of these on the map than 1 fuel rod or 1 rocket launcher.

Autos still take skill as if you miss for even a second they can out pistol/auto you. I think its pretty balanced to be honest. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Autos still take skill as if you miss for even a second they can out pistol/auto you. I think its pretty balanced to be honest.

You can miss a lot more than one shot with an auto and still easily beat a pistol user.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You can miss a lot more than one shot with an auto and still easily beat a pistol user.

I said one second not one shot to clarify for you. One second = a lot of shots with an SMG or Storm

I said one second not one shot to clarify for you. One second = a lot of shots with an SMG or Storm

The pistol kills in slightly over one second. Of course missing with an auto for a second means they can outshoot you.

The pistol kills in slightly over one second. Of course missing with an auto for a second means they can outshoot you.

Yes I understand this as well. Can we relax on the semantics and focus on the point? I am saying that if you don't hit all your shots with an auto you can lose a fight easily and I don't believe it is imbalanced.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes I understand this as well. Can we relax on the semantics and focus on the point? I am saying that if you don't hit all your shots with an auto you can lose a fight easily and I don't believe it is imbalanced.

If you miss your shots with rockets you can lose a fight easily.

A pistol user should have the ability to beat an auto user in close range if he hits all his shots. This is impossible in Halo 5 because every auto has a better kill time than the pistol meaning the reverse is happening. Instead of a good pistol user being able to beat an auto it's a bad auto user loses to the pistol.

But this has been said 1000 times so I'll just stop.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If you miss your shots with rockets you can lose a fight easily.

The conversation began from someone complaining that autos are imbalanced :\

Idk if it's been addressed, but it seems like CLG is leaps and bound ahead of EG in terms of preparedness and performance based on scrim performances since x games. Scrims are scrims I suppose, but it also seems like ALG has slipped back a little while nV and Noble are competing very well against them.

Prediction for regionals: EG to make it semis, and only semis, CLG to wipe the floor with everyone. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Since everyone is complaining about Riptide Slayer (I think it's not good either), what about Strongholds?

I've admitted defeat on this game and accepted that I'm just a washed up player turned caster like yourself mate.

:apg:

Even if a magnum user were to out-perform an auto user and kill him, he would still leave the engagement with no shields. That's a problem. The kill times cut way too close almost every time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do we know where teams will be placed in the bracket? I'm assuming the top team from each pool will get a 1-4 seed and the other a 5-8, but does pool a earn the #1 and #5 seed? How does that work?

I'm just trying to figure out what the bracket will look like if the teams that I think will win, win.

Edit: As for riptide, I am in the camp that thinks it belongs no where near competitive settings.

Since everyone is complaining about Riptide Slayer (I think it's not good either), what about Strongholds?

I think both Overgrowth and Riptide are in the same boat as far as slayer being awful and strongholds not being too bad. I don't know if it's good enough to be put into competitive, but if Empire can make it I think Riptide SH can as well.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Why does everyone hate fuel rod so much? You have to be really accurate with it to get a one-hit kill, and can get into trades very easily if you start spamming it.

The fact that you can spam it is the problem. And the fact there is like 15 shots in it. Most of the time an old fuel rod will be in play when the new one comes up. That shouldn't happen.

Made Sword Base worth playing by it alone

Swordbase was never worth playing, in any capacity.

• Upvote (+1) 4

1: Regarding both Riptide and Overgrowth... they're both fairly good maps, just not for Slayer or Strongholds.

They would be amazing for both KotH or Extraction, where you want players to be punished / "out of combat" when they're coming off spawn and have to wait and coordinate to break a set up.

Stigma from old games + not being the Rocket Launcher.

It's more skill oriented than Rockets tbh. Maybe a lower ammo count could be better.

Fuel Rod doesn't belong on maps that don't have Overshield -- it's a great soft-counter to OS for a power weapon compared to Rockets.

If your opponents have overshield, it takes half your rockets to kill them.

If your opponents have overshield, it only takes a third of your Fuel Rod to kill them, and even less if you get direct hits.

15 shots + enormous splash is a bit much.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I feel like part of the issue with remixing maps is that by keeping the outside geometry the same your only option for changes is to add stuff inside. As a result maps like Overgrowth, Riptide, and to a lesser extent Regret end up cluttered and with poor sight lines. Eden works because they didn't change it nearly as much, just added a few things and did a better job with weapon placement.

Basically, I'm agreeing with people who would like to see completely new maps. :)

I've admitted defeat on this game and accepted that I'm just a washed up player turned caster like yourself mate.

939.gif

:flames:  :flames:  :flames:  :flames:  :flames:  :rekt:  :rekt:  :rekt:  :rekt:  :rekt:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :beyond:  :beyond:  :beyond:  :beyond:  :beyond:

• Upvote (+1) 8