CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Beam Rifle feels very easy to use.

There are a few areas on the map where you only have 1 or 2 routes to choose from. Namely where beam rifle spawns and where the lift near the H2 BR is. At high level play I think it would be extremely frustrating.

Beam Rifle is not very easy to use, especially compared to the H5 Sniper. Sounds like you went on a hot streak with it  :simms:

Having less routes to escape from is good. You don't want too many, and you don't want too few. Having too many entrances/exits/routes causes a swiss cheese affect that makes map orientation less organized and allows for more escape from gunfights and encounters.

This is a problem on certain H5 maps and is an even bigger problem when you factor in Sprint/Thrust and other H5 movement options and escapability. It is not an issue on Riptide.

At the very least I hope they try Strongholds on Riptide.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Regret TS is 1000x better than riptide in every single way lol

Explain you reasoning rofl 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Regret slayer is unquestionably better than Riptide slayer. Riptide is just a horrible map overall.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If I wanted to play slayer on fathom I'd play slayer on Fathom. They turned it into an asymmetrical map with a beam rifle and fuel rod... No. The hallway connecting blue to top mid is useless as it's a death trap. When you spawn you have no angles to help any teammates what so ever. You take three steps and either get fueled or sniped in the mouth. Random lifts taking you to top middle. THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES THE MAP GOOD IS THE H2 BR. Lol.

Regret is Symmetrical, rewards your team for spawn trapping and controlling overshield. In order to break a set up you need to work together. Riptide would be way too random and would rely on random plays to accomplish anything.

343 needs to stop making "inspired maps." They take a map like Plaza, turn it into overgrowth and make it trash, Then they take Fathom and turn it into Riptide... Again, making it trash. They need to just make COMPLETELY NEW maps in order for them to be competitive. Sorry I don't want to play bad, "inspired" maps when I can just play on the originals that work 1000x better.

Love this. I also like Regret. But saying here that you like Slayer and Regret is sacrilege.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If I wanted to play slayer on fathom I'd play slayer on Fathom. They turned it into an asymmetrical map with a beam rifle and fuel rod... No. The hallway connecting blue to top mid is useless as it's a death trap. When you spawn you have no angles to help any teammates what so ever. You take three steps and either get fueled or sniped in the mouth. Random lifts taking you to top middle. THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES THE MAP GOOD IS THE H2 BR. Lol.

Regret is Symmetrical, rewards your team for spawn trapping and controlling overshield. In order to break a set up you need to work together. Riptide would be way too random and would rely on random plays to accomplish anything.

343 needs to stop making "inspired maps." They take a map like Plaza, turn it into overgrowth and make it trash, Then they take Fathom and turn it into Riptide... Again, making it trash. They need to just make COMPLETELY NEW maps in order for them to be competitive. Sorry I don't want to play bad, "inspired" maps when I can just play on the originals that work 1000x better.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

Some fair arguments, but all I see in Regret is a linear map that abuses a super strong Top Control and forces an unnatural fight Bottom Mid by spawning OS. If spawn trapping and constant action is your thing, then I understand.

However I wouldn't say that a map has to be completely new to be competitive, and Riptide is far from 'Slayer on Fathom'. Blue Tunnel is a death trap just as much as spawning bottom base on Regret. I also think Riptide would play a lot better without Radar.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Some fair arguments, but all I see in Regret is a linear map that abuses a super strong Top Control and forces an unnatural fight Bottom Mid by spawning OS. If spawn trapping and constant action is your thing, then I understand.

However I wouldn't say that a map has to be completely new to be competitive, and Riptide is far from 'Slayer on Fathom'. Blue Tunnel is a death trap just as much as spawning bottom base on Regret. I also think Riptide would play a lot better without Radar.

Riptide has the problem of too much action in the same place (small platform top mid) . Huge dead areas and a lots of deaths traps, so your only choice is to camp blue and move when Fuel is up.

aawYNHa.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

Gotta say, I despise regret. I always go neg on it and the fuel rods makes me physically sick, BUT a lot of the EU pros I spoke to said they enjoy it and I know a few of the NA guys also enjoy it. I'm starting to see a pattern and think it's just simply a non noob map that plays really well for the high-end competitive side. Could be wrong?

Imo, Regret rewards the better team. It's very hard to break down a good team's setup/control which makes the map really annoying to play, but if you're the better team, taking control of the map is definitely possible and it's non unusual to see 10-20 kill comebacks on the map.

I love it when I'm winning. Hate it when I'm losing.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gotta say, I despise regret. I always go neg on it and the fuel rods makes me physically sick, BUT a lot of the EU pros I spoke to said they enjoy it and I know a few of the NA guys also enjoy it. I'm starting to see a pattern and think it's just simply a non noob map that plays really well for the high-end competitive side. Could be wrong?

The gameplay probably gets better at the highest level but it just isn't as good as some of the other maps.

You do suck at Regret though  :simms:

A good map should not be contingent on specific settings such as radar. Good maps just play well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Riptide is one of those maps where you're constantly changing position because the map never really allows for you to set up.

I've found that there is no "perfect set up" on that map and I haven't settled on whether that's a good or bad thing. I think all the maps could do with a weapon adjustment but Riptide actually does a decent job with that. I'll have to play more to see what works / doesn't work.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A good map should not be contingent on specific settings such as radar. A good maps well overall.

There are plenty of different types of maps, though.

Eden TS wouldn't be affected by Radar removal as much as a map like Regret or Riptide.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Remove the fuel cannon, and we might enjoy riptide.

This is what I was going to say. Same reason that Regret is so bad. Fuel Rod is terrible for Arena, leave that shit in Warzone.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

@@Sal1ent @@Deez nuts

• Upvote (+1) 5