CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How did EG do in scrims last night?

they played Liquid and won the series 8-3 or something like that

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Ghost put in his contract that the hat must stay on. Don't forget Bonnie (his boss) tried to take his hat off in the Ice Bucket video and it still didn't leave his head.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's not about being a good look.

That is Ghost Ayame, my friend.

Ha, yes I know. I guess I should have said I approve to his utter commitment to the hat.

Hey gents! Semi finals are live - twitch.tv/halo, grand finals soon! Shout out to you all watching, supporting, talking and just generally enjoying Halo! :) Real MVPs!

• Upvote (+1) 7

#4 is spot on. Growing up my coaches for various sports always told me you play like you practice.

I think I accidentally negged you, sorry about that.

I completely agree actually.

Infused playing very well. Epsilon needs to activate Super Saiyan mode.

Once a tournament finished I always feel underwhelmed  with the coverage of the winners.

Id like to sit down and see a shit ton of interviews, highlights and just community personalities taking about the winners and the tournament as a whole.

After EG won Xgames, they had an interview and that was really it. I was hyped AF but had nothing to really watch. I hope at worlds, they stream for a bit after the finals. Viewers will drop of course but still

• Upvote (+1) 2

Once a tournament finished I always feel underwhelmed  with the coverage of the winners.

Id like to sit down and see a shit ton of interviews, highlights and just community personalities taking about the winners and the tournament as a whole.

After EG won Xgames, they had an interview and that was really it. I was hyped AF but had nothing to really watch. I hope at worlds, they stream for a bit after the finals. Viewers will drop of course but still

Agree.  It's like after watching a big sporting event and you just sit there watching SportsCenter for the next couple of hours.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Top 4 at this EU tournament go to worlds right? 8 NA, 4 EU, 2 OZ, 1 LatAmer, 1 Asia?

Exactly that
  • Upvote (+1) 1

A few things RNG need to do to get better before regionals:

1. Spend equal the amount time as a team reviewing games and looking for better starting strats for each gametype. Practice is pointless if you're not learning from it and just playing to win the series.

2. Stellur needs to communicate a little more on what he is doing in game and calling for assistance more.

3. VicX needs to start prioritizing his gun fights better, more often than not, I see him challenging kills when there is another enemy closer to him ready to clean him up.  

4. Ninja needs to minimize the mistakes and bad pushes in game. This habit is developed when you constantly play against average players and assume it will work against top pro teams. If you are going to play MM the majority of the day, play your life as if its a 49-49 situation every time, don't play cocky because your opponents are bad. Try to improve your mental game, especially after a loss.

5. Spartan as the leader of this team needs to try to keep his teammates morale up. Tyler can come across as condescending in the manner/tone that he speaks sometimes when he is frustrated and that can negatively effect the way his teammates approach a situation in game. He is clearly the best individual player on that team so when he starts to get pissed off that shit isn't getting done, his teammates will get the message that he thinks he's too good for them.

6.(Optional) Get a more assertive coach. 

I do not want RNG to fail.

I agree with your post..... especially these last few.  I hope it sinks in...

I've never seen Renegades sit down and watch a loss after it happened to analyse it like EG, I'd love to see it. Sure maybe it's not something that works for every team, but its something to try. Finger pointing isn't a way of improving. RNG are my team, I love the passion and team/org identity they've brought to Halo 5, I just hope they hit their potential.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This infused/Epsilon series is bananas. I love it!

Also, I think Renegades success or failure will come down to whether or not Ninja can acknowledge Spartan as the leader of the team and listen to his feedback.

Ultimately, I don't think he will and it will be the downfall of the team. That's the danger of having 2 alphas.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think you can argue about the mechanics of Halo 5 any day but I think the variety of weapons and movement options make this one of the more enjoyable Halos to watch. Easily best to watch since Halo 3 for me.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I've never seen Renegades sit down and watch a loss after it happened to analyse it like EG, I'd love to see it. Sure maybe it's not something that works for every team, but its something to try. Finger pointing isn't a way of improving. RNG are my team, I love the passion and team/org identity they've brought to Halo 5, I just hope they hit their potential.

the fact that they don't analyze their scrim footage is very troubling 

they are at a distinct disadvantage if they don't utilize spectator mode, they would be wise to pick up a coach