CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm talking about using a router rather than direct connecting to your modem. Routers almost always allow you to change the MAC address. Just can't use those trash ass modem/router

combos.

EDIT: lets just say last time I tried to force a change of MAC (clone or otherwise) Comcast shut off my service. I'll just leave it at that instead of getting into the technical stuff in a Halo forum. lol

Teams to watch today:

Optic: FS, Maniac, Lifestyle, Chaser

Str8 Rippin: T2, Gilkey, Falcated, Tragic

Snakes in Grass: Blaze, Burton, Posey, Tizoxic

Legendary: Cpt. Anarchy, Psylince, Sargoth, Squall

Laser Focused: Eccentrick, Exemplify, FiS, Nerdy

Nighthawks: JesseUnleashed, Monster, Omega, Swipuh

Any idea what team BabyJ ended up on?

No. It doesn't work like that.

Your WAN (wide area network) IP address is based on your MODEM. A router is not a modem, even though many devices a 2/1 or 3/1 devices nowadays. If you change the MAC address of your MODEM and your provider (ie Comcast) requires that you register your MAC, changing MAC = no service. You will have to reregister the new MAC.

a MAC address is a devices unique identifier. Your Modem has one, your router has one, every NIC (network interface card) has one (wired or wireless). Something called an ARP Table holds relationships or IP address and MAC addresses. I could go through a whole explanation of how this all works. This is stuff I deal with every single day.

All services require a modem of some sort. Comcast uses those motorola surfboard devices. FIOS provides a device (called the ONT or optical network terminal). Your IP addresses are tied to this device. So if your provider requires your MAC be registered with them and you change it, you won't get service. Your ISP doesn't care about your router at all. They care about your modem device. Doesn't matter if they provide that device or you purchase one (which you still have to register with them). Why don't they care? Because the router isn't what they see on their side. Do whatever you want to your internal network (LAN). They control the WAN side.

Changing the MAC address of your router when you have a modem device in front of it won't reissue you a new IP address and you would still be attacked.

Just saying how I do it. Just change the IP on my router and I'm good to go. Just can't let anyone ever get my actual modem's physical IP. I can also change the IP of that modem though.

I also use a PuTTY to mask my skype IP. I took lots of precautions to stop it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just saying how I do it. Just change the IP on my router and I'm good to go. Just can't let anyone ever get my actual modem's physical IP. I can also change the IP of that modem though.

Can I ask who you have for a provider.

Comcast has caused me nothing but issues when trying to use "clone MAC" features and other stuff like it. They always cut my service. And I don't have any other option where I live, short of DSL or Satellite.

FYI, there are other ways to keep track of you even after such a change, but I'm sure most of these kids doing this don't have a clue what they are even doing to begin with.

Can I ask who you have for a provider.

Comcast has caused me nothing but issues when trying to use "clone MAC" features and other stuff like it. They always cut my service. And I don't have any other option where I live, short of DSL or Satellite.

FYI, there are other ways to keep track of you even after such a change, but I'm sure most of these kids doing this don't have a clue what they are even doing to begin with.

Comcast.

I'm with business now, but these solutions were with basic Comcast. 

I use my own modem though and installed everything myself. I use a LinksysE1000 router as well.

Really hope the pros stream the tournament instead of taking viewers and running their own streams/scrims.

The pros should support the AM community and development of eSports in general.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Comcast.

I'm with business now, but these solutions were with basic Comcast. 

I use my own modem though and installed everything myself. I use a LinksysE1000 router as well.

Thanks. I'll give it a try. Last time I tried was probably 6+ years ago.

I've always had my own Surfboard (motorola) modems and separate router. Currently using Ubiquiti gear, awesome stuff with great price but wouldn't recommend to consumers that aren't REALLY geeky (enjoy CLI over GUI for instance).

I've been slowly adding top player teams to my workbook for LCQ. Some teams.

2mil or Windmill
Optic Halo
Laser Focus
Team Orbit
WarHawkz
VwS Gaming
cooked
Signature
Legendary
Eternal Gaming
Str8 in2 Rippin
Keep Hope Alive
Reality Check
The Salty Peanuts
Get Schwifty!
We are the Champions
MoneyMatches
Toxsik Dreams
Dirty Boys
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Really hope the pros stream the tournament instead of taking viewers and running their own streams/scrims.

The pros should support the AM community and development of eSports in general.

That's something that I personally think is super cool about the CoD pro league. All the pros are not allowed to stream during the matches. Keeps all the viewers in one place boosting the numbers and moving it to the top of twitch. Keeps the whole community together in one place as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Once the LCQ gets to top 32/16 I'll make another challonge bracket for you guys. The one on GB is brutal to look at in the deeper rounds.

Thank you.

It's infuriating to navigate.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Warhawks (Nighthawks) vs Str8 Rippin is the first good match. - Round 5

Then there's 2mil or Windmill (Posey's team) vs Legendary in the Quarters.

Nothing else good til Semis.

Hopefully there's no 'lagouts' today

Day 1 of Cologne is over. xL and fabE are now officially qualified for the HWC Finals!

Big shoutout to @@TheSimms. If anyone else noticed, his casting has now incorporated a lot of his outside personality, and I really appreciate the cheeky banter inbetween games. Watching LoL/CS Casting has really paid off.

Here's to tomorrow!

• Upvote (+1) 8

That's something that I personally think is super cool about the CoD pro league. All the pros are not allowed to stream during the matches. Keeps all the viewers in one place boosting the numbers and moving it to the top of twitch. Keeps the whole community together in one place as well.

Should be a rule. We've lost the competitive integrity of this game once.

There are no pros without the AM community. There is no spectator sport without the AM community. There is no HWC without the AM community.

No reason that the pros should not support the tournaments and streams

• Upvote (+1) 2