CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Welcome to the beyond forums and good job making a positive first impression of yourself.

because i've given a unpopular opinion? alright then lol

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 16

Fair enough but if they don't want to it's entirely upto them that's the point im getting at but none of you seem to understand.

I think everyone understands that it's their choice not to practice. That doesn't make it any less frustrating as a fan to see a team or players you like squandering their potential. It's like that one friend or family member that everybody has that is incredibly smart and funny yet they continue to make poor choices. Yeah it's their life, but it's frustrating to watch. That's the point I think you're missing, which is totally understandable if you have no allegiance towards any particular team or players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The thing that upsets me the most is this is officially the end of the 'Team Randa' era. That team was so hype. A group of players who came together from nothing and immediately started destroying in scrims. It's a shame they just couldn't get it going at tourneys. I hope we see remnants of that team reunite at some point in H5. But it's a whole new game so who knows what's gonna happen.

Gone but not forgotten. The Team Randa era. #neverforget

Team Randa is far from over, just new and revamped! v2 is even more of an underdog than v1 so i cant wait (:

• Upvote (+1) 6

because i've given a unpopular opinion? alright then lol

Nothing wrong with an opinion, you just don't see to grasp that you can be a fan of a team and still think they are underachieving. 2+ pages now people have been trying to explain it to you and it still seems so foreign and weird to you.

I'm not sure if OpTic if your first team you have ever been a fan of, or don't follow any kind of sports to know that there is more to being a fan than constant fellatio of that said team.

You can be a fan and voice constructive and reasonable feedback towards that team.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Been fan of SQ for years. Not many teams stick together for so long. Pretty much everyone on that team had specific role (ace - slayer, enable - flanker, assault - objective/support, flame - allaround), chemistry and communication was great and they worked their way right to the top. What a ride. Bringig Optic to Halo was huge and i did expect of them being top 3 team.

How it all ended, that we all already know. I hate the fact that they didnt practice, hate that they are wasting great potential. You could see they were trying to find that right Enable replacement and with Maniac i think they did. What a wasted oportunity.

Ppl can be nothing but dissapointed at this point. We are fans, we have our favorite teams and players and when u see something like this happen, you cant just say "it was their choice" and be ok with it. They fucked up hard, and i am not ok with it. They are wasting their talent, their brand, their oportunities.

I dunno if they coudlnt practice becouse of work, or families, or ilness or whatever. But why would you make those hype videos, write hype tweets, promoting brand on every step u make, and then just dont practice ? Why flame why ?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I will drop a little bit of intel later tonight or tomorrow regarding the C9 roster. 

The anticipation is killing me. With all these roster changes for other teams this is the team I want to know the most about.

That's a strange point. I don't understand it. It's like, if your favorite sports team, or whatever, didn't practice and perform poorly, people get upset. Are they not supposed to? Practicing is part of the game. If you don't practice, you won't do well. Which is exactly what is happening to optic. They are failing for no reason, other than themselves. But we can't get upset because it's their choice?

never said you can't get upset i just mean there is no point getting upset over it if it's their choice

• Downvote (-1) 6

Fair enough but if they don't want to it's entirely upto them that's the point im getting at but none of you seem to understand.

Flame wiggled his way into obtaining the biggest platform/brand ever for Halo - and to see it being wasted on lack of practice, dedication, motivation and hard work is an absolute travesty. 

its a shame to see such a huge opportunity slowly dwindle away -   Flame just seems content to ride the Optic coat tails of relevance until it burns out, and you are right, he and his team are free to do so - but there is only so many times Nadeshot can tweet out the stream and keep "Optic Halo" viewership up.

the only other thing that is comparable to wasting the potential in the Optic brand - is the Ogres not capitalizing on their following all of these years.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

never said you can't get upset i just mean there is no point getting upset over it if it's their choice

The point is that, as a fan, you want to see them do well. They are not doing well, because they have chosen to not practice. This causes people to get annoyed/angry/whatever. Maybe if they see that they're fans are pissed off, they'll get their shit together and practice. If you don't gave a shit, what's the point for rooting for that team? That makes no sense. You like a team but aren't invested in the team actually performing?

That's a strange point. I don't understand it. It's like, if your favorite sports team, or whatever, didn't practice and perform poorly, people get upset. Are they not supposed to? Practicing is part of the game. If you don't practice, you won't do well. Which is exactly what is happening to optic. They are failing for no reason, other than themselves. But we can't get upset because it's their choice?

I mean, if that's true, hell, I'll tell my boss that I'm gonna stop working when i go into my job, but i still expect to be paid. She can't get upset because it's my life and my choice. I'll let you know how it goes.

lol trying to be clever are we? If you are working for someone and expect to be paid for doing nothing of course you're going to be sacked but that is completely different for a esports team especially if you are the captain (boss)

• Downvote (-1) 7

lol trying to be clever are we? If you are working for someone and expect to be paid for doing nothing of course you're going to be sacked but that is completely different for a esports team

How is it different? Why should it be different? Players generally sign a contract to play for an organization. Why shouldn't they be held to performance standards within that contract? I honestly think that optic should pick up different players, players who will put the time in and will grind. They are being paid for doing nothing right now.

i get why you guys are mad but there is nothing you can do so why get worked up about it? 

• Downvote (-1) 6

They are being paid for doing nothing right now.

Optic doesn't pay any of their players a salary, CoD included.  The idea being that the Optic brand grants you a window to profit off Stream/Youtube if you choose to pursue that.

The move by Ace to Liquid was probably influenced on some level for that reason.  There really isn't a benefit to being on "Optic Halo" if you're not grinding out Youtube/Streaming, and even then you really have to be in the house itself to get any sort of attention from Optic's main fanbase.

i get why you guys are mad but there is nothing you can do so why get worked up about it? 

No one is worked up, we are just discussing the topic of the team change and video from FS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think this guy single-handedly trolled the last 3 pages, but I could be wrong

pretty much lol at least the optic situation has been talked about in a mannerly way though :)

I think this guy single-handedly trolled the last 3 pages, but I could be wrong

The Keemstar avi is the giveaway of trolling to me lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only thing I didn't like in the FS video was the deflection he used as a reason for lack of practice, both quality and quantity. Assault working so you wouldn't be able to get on until 10-11 and it made things hard? I don't really think he meant this intentionally but it was still a deflection, and I think the best thing to do in a situation like that is just bluntly admit your mistake and move on without using excuses. 

We heard nothing but excuses out of them, obviously they werent very serious about the season, its sad because they were still able to pull off some considerable placings at the lans. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

A practiced Optic could be a top 5 team, maybe even top 3. They need to pick up a dedicated 4th and start grinding. 

Ain't playing for small bucks anymore. We're talking a significant portion of a million dollars. That's fucking solid cash. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

We know its up to them. Does not mean we can't be annoyed by it.

Incredible amount of work Winterfox is putting into Halo, kudos.  Probably the first time I'm rooting for an org instead of the players.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just can't wait for the Triggers Down vs Str8 Rippin match up, will we see the two-peat?

• Upvote (+1) 2