CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah I played them last night in Arena. FiS carried with a 22-8 or something on Eden Slayer, his sniper was very impressive. I also played the same team but with Victory X instead of Squared on Rig slayer awhile back and FiS back packed that game as well. 

This is why I was curious as to how Victory X got onto a top 6, then top 4 team consistently while FiS was left without a team for awhile and still is basically. No offense to Victory X, I'm a fan, but from matchmaking where I have beat Victory X twice and only lost to him once when FiS was on his team and carried, and then getting destroyed by FiS last night, to me FiS seems like the more skilled player in Halo 5. I know this is just MM and it basically means nothing because Victory X was playing friends/randoms when I beat him, but FiS just seems much more dynamic and has a godly sniper from what I have seen playing against them. 

I just don't understand how FiS is not on a top 15 team, its crazy. 

If you have questions as to how Victory X is on a top 6 team, then I suggest you watch him scrim tonight from his PoV. All your questions will vanish. 

Edit: I like FiS, was subbed to him for awhile, and also believe he should be on a top team.

Hecz said it himself he wouldn't get in the way of one of his player's dreams, if Formal really wanted to come back, Hecz would let him

Hecz said it himself he wouldn't get in the way of one of his player's dreams, if Formal really wanted to come back, Hecz would let him

I think the point is though, it would get in the way. Theres no way a player can compete in two titles and remain on a top top tier team in both titles, and not piss off players from his team. I know its been done in Shadowrun, but that was a much smaller talent pool, and you didnt have two separate teams in both titles.

How do you effectively practice two titles, produce content, and compete in tournaments online/LAN while all the while not pissing off or flaking on one of your teams. What happens if a scrim cuts into Halo time or vice versa? What happens if a tournament is scheduled on both days?

It makes sense for Hecz to say "Hey, he can do it if he wants" because then he doesnt appear to be the bad guy who's making his players do what they dont want to do. In reality, Formal and Hecz know its not logical or plausible. If Formal wanted too, and could compete in both...he would be by now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think the point is though, it would get in the way. Theres no way a player can compete in two titles and remain on a top top tier team in both titles, and not piss off players from his team. I know its been done in Shadowrun, but that was a much smaller talent pool, and you didnt have two separate teams in both titles.

How do you effectively practice two titles, produce content, and compete in tournaments online/LAN while all the while not pissing off or flaking on one of your teams. What happens if a scrim cuts into Halo time or vice versa? What happens if a tournament is scheduled on both days?

It makes sense for Hecz to say "Hey, he can do it if he wants" because then he doesnt appear to be the bad guy who's making his players do what they dont want to do. In reality, Formal and Hecz know its not logical or plausible. If Formal wanted too, and could compete in both...he would be by now.

Yea I just meant he could drop CoD and play Halo, obviously that's too late now for this season.

These jumps are all used buy a few pros. there are a few better ones as well that people are using. #OlaJumps ;)

• Upvote (+1) 7

This is an actual show? :apg:

And they just came out with a movie. Stereotypical college has never been so hilarious

That one is sick, will have to try it!

I like doing this one too

oQmZVXe.gif

How is this and the other jump executed? Sprint up, jump, and boost when you hit the ledge?

What % of the time can you execute this jump?

thats the idiot that banned me for nothing, and now he is spamming? team beyond logic is goat

Just now seeing this.

You got banned after 3-4 requests from users that you're a troll and you just went around causing arguments, which you did. 

"for nothing" is quite the understatement, and "spamming" when at the end of a game 7 while everybody else was going nuts is a bit over-dramatic. 

I go out of my way to create the chat and invite people to ENJOY my time in there, not be constantly worried people like you are going to start arguments and be passive aggressive to everyone. 

You now join an elite group that comprises two people:

1) Yourself

2) Reiku

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Good little write-up on the ANZ finals this Saturday

http://www.eslgaming.com/article/halo-world-championship-tour-sydney-snapshot-2541

Didn't Ogre1 play with Immunity once upon a time?  Would have been cool to see him competing again.  Nice write up for sure.

Edit:  Also halo.gg has been doing well lately to provide updates on the upcoming Regionals around the world.  Aftermath took the only seed in Asia and groups are listed for the EMEA, Latin America, ANZ, and NA (of course) regional finals set to take place over the next three weeks.  This is going to be a fun month of halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1