CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

All but confirmed

It is actually confirmed :P

Just not an official press release for it

It is actually confirmed :P

Just not an official press release for it

That's what I mean. To me confirmed means it has been officially announced/released.

1. That thread is not specifically about competitive settings and that's what we're focusing on here

2. If we want to communicate our displeasure to influential people like pros this seems like a better thread

3. Talking about the merits of the settings of the hwc in the hwc discussion thread is infinitely more relevant than endless rep-seeking gifs that are allowed here without any problems

I don't disagree with you but this keeps coming up so I'm gonna throw some thoughts out there (not directed at anyone in particular).

Every possible opinion one could have on radar/autos has been stated in this thread a hundred times already. We get it. I'm sure 343 has seen it. The pros seem to have developed some sort of coping mechanism for the time being. All it is doing at this point is bringing a bunch of negativity into the discussion that we don't need if we want this community to actually grow. Would the game be better without radar? Maybe, but I don't see the need to bring it up constantly. Is Halo 5 not as big as Halo 3 was? Sure, but I'm not one of the people spamming "this game is dead nobody cares about halo" in twitch chat during X-games.

I know the "343 ruined halo" hate-train is super fun to be on, and obviously every single one of us is a genius of game design and knows what's best for Halo, but if you really need something to harp about try choosing something that is less of a matter of opinion and might actually get changed this season. Bo3/single elimination/lag out DQs have fucked over more good teams than the evil crouching storm rifle boogeyman. Save the balance patch skill gap discussion for after HWC, or at least take it to a different thread.

I'm super happy that 343 cares about Halo esports and listened to us about breakout and breakout arena, but I really hope that they don't plan on making a change EVERY time someone on the Internet complains about something. It's impossible to please everybody, and a game designed by committee is not going to be very good. Of course the game could be better, there's always improvements to be made. If they are going to rebalance or change settings it will happen after worlds, so be patient and let the rest of us enjoy the best Halo competition we've had in years in the meantime.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wait, Pro League?

After HWC there is going to be a Halo Pro League for the following season.

We do not know a lot of the details though.

It could be similar to LCS or CoD PL. My hope, is that it is along the lines of the LCS. But we shall see :)

That's what I mean. To me confirmed means it has been officially announced/released.

I guess? I mean, Che confirmed it in a tweet. 

Man, I thought that was the best part of older Halos. No one won because they had a better gun or a better advantage off spawn. Just pure gun skill.

I find the 1vs1 pistol battles 100x more entertaining than someone killing someone with a weapon that has a faster TTK and that's easier to use. I hate seeing BR/Carbine/DMR/LR fights against the pistol, and I'd rather see pistol vs pistol than precision weapon against precision weapon.

I kind of understand it though. Maybe if the variety didn't hurt the skillgap like it does now I'd be more for it.

Upvoted for expressing a valid opinion eloquently, but I disagree with you.

I'm in the minority on this forum, but I personally enjoy the varied sandbox and thought behind weapon choices.

I don't believe this sandbox is balanced well, and I think the SMG/Storm Rifle need nerfs...but I also think the precision weapons don't have enough execution difficulty in them compared to what they could have.

I have clung to default playlists and BTB over MLG/Hardcore in the past because I love the wide Halo sandbox, not the stripped competitive settings.

I'm happy we have a much bigger variety of sandbox implementation in HWC settings compared to anything we've had in past Halos, but I agree the balance (both against one another in a vacuum as well as against execution difficulty) is not good.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Upvoted for expressing a valid opinion eloquently, but I disagree with you.

I'm in the minority on this forum, but I personally enjoy the varied sandbox and thought behind weapon choices.

I don't believe this sandbox is balanced well, and I think the SMG/Storm Rifle need nerfs...but I also think the precision weapons don't have enough execution difficulty in them compared to what they could have.

I have clung to default playlists and BTB over MLG/Hardcore in the past because I love the wide Halo sandbox, not the stripped competitive settings.

I'm happy we have a much bigger variety of sandbox implementation in HWC settings compared to anything we've had in past Halos, but I agree the balance (both against one another in a vacuum as well as against execution difficulty) is not good.

Well then you're not in the minority. I'm sure most everyone here would agree. "Variety" in terms of "# of weapons" means nothing. Variety means something when it can start referring to the # of total uses of the weapons in the sandbox. In Halo 5, it just happens to be "damage" and not much else.

Adding weapons solely for "variety" is wrong, especially if the balance of those weapons goes against the competitive merit of a game so-said to be made for eSports. Adding variety in the form of a new usage for a weapon, or unorthodox weapon mechanics is fine. An example would be the Reach grenade launcher, or the H2A sentinel beam.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So at regionals the most important part is the first few days where group play is going on, correct? After that, the teams going to worlds are locked in. So the bracket play afterwards is solely for seeding purposes?

Also, anybody know the prize pool for regionals?

You're gonna end up on CLG with plays like that.

why are all those players just running straight at you like zombies?

The wonders of low-level FFA.

On Formal: Is anyone really surprised that he's able to get champ 1? Most of the top-8 has been snowed in, and the dude could replace any player outside of CLG/ALG/EG in like a week.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Figured this thread may be my best place to post. The partial teams thread, ehh.

But myself, Stk Tupac, and DirtMigirt need 1. If you know anybody that is sick, please let me know. @mrcolek

Ayyyy the Halo 1 Michigan legends are coming out of the woodworks for some Halo 5!? Love it!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Figured this thread may be my best place to post. The partial teams thread, ehh.

But myself, Stk Tupac, and DirtMigirt need 1. If you know anybody that is sick, please let me know. @mrcolek

Get walshy to play with you guys :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Get walshy to play with you guys :kappa:

I think we wouldn't even have to play to get invited to nationals then  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 2