CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How so?

Roy and Snip3down both tweeted about it. They said both their controls reset to default twice, and Snipedown also had to mess with his controls game 1.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

:apg:

Only the greatest television character from the last decade.

The movie is out

• Upvote (+1) 1

How so?

Do you not remember snip3down changing his settings at the beginning of coliseum game 1 when the other team had like 3-4 down?

I remember what happened very well. I wouldn't consider those "technical issues". 

I literally watched the rebroadcast as I was typing this, and I don't think it can be classified as "technical" and I don't think it had any bearing on the outcome of the game.

Edit: My opinion. Prepared for the neg bombs.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 21

I remember what happened very well. I wouldn't consider those "technical issues".

I literally watched the rebroadcast as I was typing this, and I don't think it can be classified as "technical" and I don't think it had any bearing on the outcome of the game.

...Are you serious?

Edit: Also, I love how you mention "This is my opinion I'm prepared for negs" yet you're the one going around negging all the people that disagree with you. Smh.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What term would you like to make up and call them?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

But when you ask CLG and EG to show their medals, that Gold is all that matters.

:intensifies:

As they say: "close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades"

I'd consider anything maintenance related outside your control that directly affects your ability to perform a technical issue. While I also dont think it would have changed the outcome of the game, you never know what may or may not have happened. Snipedown might have got a triple, or power weapons, or made a sneaky play that could have dramatically altered the rest of the game and possibly series.

If its not a technical issue, what is it? Because I guarantee they didn't change their settings to fuck themselves pre game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As they say: "close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades"

Adjusted for modern times: "and nuclear weapons"

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'd consider anything maintenance related outside your control that directly affects your ability to perform a technical issue. While I also dont think it would have changed the outcome of the game, you never know what may or may not have happened. Snipedown might have got a triple, or power weapons, or made a sneaky play that could have dramatically altered the rest of the game and possibly series.

If its not a technical issue, what is it? Because I guarantee they didn't change their settings to fuck themselves pre game.

For one, my original post was correct. EG didn't have the issue game 2. CLG did. And it was a complete controller disconnect. Which is a lot different than not having the right controller settings. EG had a problem game 1.

And changing settings for 8-10 seconds doesn't effect the outcome of a 12+ minute game.

Obviously, they didn't try to fuck themselves pre-game.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Technical issues aside (if the settings thing did in fact occur as Snipedown says it did, this is a technical issue, there's not really any debate here), it just seems like people are looking for an excuse to give the 3-0 best of 5 series (somewhat inconsequential) in the group stage more weight than the 4-3 best of 7 series in the gold medal match.  I don't think I need to type out why this is illogical, so I won't. 

They are two very obviously closely matched teams.  EG has gotten the best of CLG the one time it has mattered so far, therefore people will rightly rank them #1.

• Upvote (+1) 4

For one, my original post was correct. EG didn't have the issue game 2. CLG did. And it was a complete controller disconnect. Which is a lot different than not having the right controller settings. EG had a problem game 1.

And changing settings for 8-10 seconds doesn't effect the outcome of a 12+ minute game.

C'mon man, we all play Halo here. The opening act of an important game sets the pace for the whole match. Momentum is the key factor in winning match. Those 8-10 seconds are very precious in an ultra-competitive setting.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You're asking me to make adjustments to something I'm not used to quickly adjusting at the beginning of a very important match where my settings should have been correct to begin with.  Not only that, but I may not notice right away, so not only might that cause some initial deaths and loss of power weapons, but I may also die some more while changing all of the following:

+ button layout

+ sensitivity

+ aim accel

+ maintain sprint

+ hold to clamber

+ auto stabilize

+ inner/outer dead zones

+ etc? feel like I'm forgetting something

If that happens to me against a team that I'm fairly evenly matched against, you can pretty much chalk it up to an L unless some sort of amazing comeback occurs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So who are the top teams for this lcq and who's on the rosters?

Optic gaming is the frontrunner with: Lifestyle, Maniac, Flame and Chaser

So who are the top teams for this lcq and who's on the rosters?

OG Cratos coming in hot with the green name.  :flames:  :flames:  :flames:

@@GoldeNade Are all the players with any points that didn't qualify yet for regionals on your ONE DRIVE F/A list? Any chance you'll be arranging a page with known LCQ teams?

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@MaNiaC is getting hella views these days, jeez. 

This is why a lot of people are rooting for Optic to win the LCQ.

Such a potential viewership bonus come Regionals/Worlds.

#greenwall

• Upvote (+1) 2

C'mon man, we all play Halo here. The opening act of an important game sets the pace for the whole match. Momentum is the key factor in winning match. Those 8-10 seconds are very precious in an ultra-competitive setting.

The opening act is important, I completely agree. The match lasted 12:14 and I just don't believe that it was a key factor in CLG winning that match.

It sucks, and I'm sure players will be more aware of the possibility of controller settings resetting in the future.