CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There is still a lot of untapped talent in the AM pool. I personally want to see a cinderella story win lcq and get top 8 at regionals. That'd be sick.

I thought about that this morning. How epic would it be if some complete jabroni's won the LCQ? Like...kids not even the suddoths picked up at one point of their gaming careers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do people actually believe in elo Hell ?. If you cant rank up is because you are in the rank you deserve.

I definitely think it is real but more so at higher ranks. Like once you are in onyx it can be pretty frustrating playing solo because at least half your games are against to4s while no one on your team even has a mic. Grinding to onyx though even solo is pretty easy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know Vic X had a rough tournament but dannnnngggg.

Hope he bounces back!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys. Crim wants to buy Lethuls xgames medal. Guess he doesn't hate Halo that much.  :kappa:

I love that everyone still hating on this skier lady.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I definitely think it is real but more so at higher ranks. Like once you are in onyx it can be pretty frustrating playing solo because at least half your games are against to4s while no one on your team even has a mic. Grinding to onyx though even solo is pretty easy.

There's this, plus a single person can't carry that hard in halo.  And people quit out constantly in onyx or go afk or lag out.  Not to mention for some reason matchmaking will put a random gold or plat or diamon in your game or on the other team which screws everything up.  Plus sometimes you get a team of ass holes, a single ass hole, 3 people in party chat, people who dont want to call out even if they have a mic, people who dont speak engligh.

Plus sometimes you get all these problems and the other team gets none of these problems.  I'm not saying that elo hell is a major excuse, but a single person can't make up for much in halo

*Player Stats*

I can see Team Liquid improving a lot before HWC, all they need to do is play faster. Renegades on the other hand have some serious chemistry issues that I don't think will be fixed with more practice. This team may have player composition problems more so than lack of practice together. For Spartan's sake, I hope this team does a lot better at regionals and hopefully HWC. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

There is still a lot of untapped talent in the AM pool. I personally want to see a cinderella story win lcq and get top 8 at regionals. That'd be sick.

It's definitely feasible for whoever the LCQ team ends up being. Group A is a fairly easy group imo. Allegiance the clear favorite to take the no. 1 spot but the no. 2 spot seems like it could be taken by anyone. Triggers Pound and Dream Team haven't been all that impressive tbh so the LCQ team have a nice chance for top 8 at regionals.  

I find it a bit peculiar that 343 still hasn't updated the prize pool. It's obvious people have been spending money on REQs. Did they have any arbitrary cap that wasn't mentioned?

I can see Team Liquid improving a lot before HWC, all they need to do is play faster. Renegades on the other hand have some serious chemistry issues that I don't think will be fixed with more practice. This team may have player composition problems more so than lack of practice together. For Spartan's sake, I hope this team does a lot better at regionals and hopefully HWC. 

Renegades was together for about a week with limited practice due to the rostermania that happened. They haven't had the luxury of other teams that have had the same 3 or 4 players for the past couple months. You can't just expect a newly formed team to all of a sudden to be great at their first 'LAN'

Spartan and Victory are the only two on that team that have been teaming together this whole time. Plus Stellur just came on board from Optic and look how great he did for his first 'LAN' event. Renegades have a few weeks of practice and scrims to fine tune their issues. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

If rosters were't locked right now, I bet a few teams would be trying to make moves.

Name them. Which ones do you think would have improved outside of EG, CLG and ALG?

Serious chemistry issues!? They have some work to do if they want to break into the top 3, no doubt, but I think they are more than capable. Plus I don't think they are in any danger of falling out of the top 4. CLG + EG > ALG > RNG >>> Liquid, nV, Triggers Pound, Noble etc

Spartan and Victory are the only two on that team that have been teaming together this whole time. Plus Stellur just came on board from Optic and look how great he did for his first 'LAN' event. Renegades have a few weeks of practice and scrims to fine tune their issues. 

Where did Stellur come from anyway? The kid is godly at the game, performed amazing last weekend (and pretty much throughout all of Halo 5) and I haven't heard of him at all before Halo 5, which I think is amazing. Flame definitely has a good eye for talent, but how did this all come to be?

Has this been explained somewhere? Was he an online kid before that or did he play something else?

There's also Danoxide who is somewhat similar in terms of coming out of nowhere with a lot of talent, but I know he used to grind CoD, which is a bit different. Still an impressive transition regardless, but as far as I know, I don't think Stellur used to grind CoD.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Im really curious of what would have happened at X-Games IF Naded did join EG.

Would RNG have gotten a medal with commonly on their roster?

Would the outcome still be the same with EG over CLG?

Would AE make it out of the pool play?

Naded used to match Stellur all the time in H4 when everyone was trying to qualify for H4GC. Kid was probably 15 around that time and was really good. I always just assumed he was some online H4 kid but obviously he's the real deal.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Where did Stellur come from anyway? The kid is godly at the game, performed amazing last weekend (and pretty much throughout all of Halo 5) and I haven't heard of him at all before Halo 5, which I think is amazing. Flame definitely has a good eye for talent, but how did this all come to be?

Has this been explained somewhere? Was he an online kid before that or did he play something else?

There's also Danoxide who is somewhat similar in terms of coming out of nowhere with a lot of talent, but I know he used to grind CoD, which is a bit different. Still an impressive transition regardless, but as far as I know, I don't think Stellur used to grind CoD.

He was an online warrior. He played a lot of 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments and was always coming out either winning or near the top. Flamesword just spotted his talent and scooped him up

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stellur was really good at Halo 4, haven't heard anything about him before that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Serious chemistry issues!? They have some work to do if they want to break into the top 3, no doubt, but I think they are more than capable. Plus I don't think they are in any danger of falling out of the top 4. CLG + EG > ALG > RNG >>> Liquid, nV, Triggers Pound, Noble etc

As of now, you are probably right with that prediction, but I think nV or Liquid can easily take that 4th spot with more practice. EG, CLG, and ALG basically have Top 3 on lock. Maybe I'm just a prisoner of the moment, but for RNG to not take at least one game off ALG was very disappointing to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ehh I wouldn't give too much credit to Flame for spotting Stellur's talent. Randa already spotted it beforehand and was gonna team with him+Munoz and Suspector. But as far as I know Stellur started to make a presence when he was doing well in those Beyond 2v2 tournaments early on in H5.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I do think RNG will struggle with personality clashes but if the team starts clicking and all play to their potential, they will be scary.

Thus far, Suspector is still one of my favorite players. I think he still has a lot of talent to get even better.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Randa already spotted it beforehand and was gonna team with him+Munoz and Suspector. But as far as I know Stellur started to make a presence when he was doing well in those Beyond 2v2 tournaments early on in H5.

I know WFX have struggled a little bit lately and rostermania really shook that team but at the beginning of H5, several pros said that Randa had one of the best shots in the game.  Does that still hold true or has the field caught up to him?

I know WFX have struggled a little bit lately and rostermania really shook that team but at the beginning of H5, several pros said that Randa had one of the best shots in the game.  Does that still hold true or has the field caught up to him?

I think the field has definitely caught up to him, but he still has a lot of individual skill. The main thing I've noticed is that he and Ryan disagree a lot on map strategies and plays - something that didn't happen in H2A.