CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This guys will smash it. Im sure Walshy needs a rest after the amount of travelling hes been doing recently!

• Upvote (+1) 1

The best thing to come out of that tweet is a new picture of Simms pulling a quality face.

IZ12Ejk.png

:simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4

So if I'm reading correctly, its early and I might not be, the top 8 NA that will be going to worlds will be decided by best of 3 group play? That seems a little ridiculous, no? Any word on if 343 is planning on changing it to bo5?

So if I'm reading correctly, its early and I might not be, the top 8 NA that will be going to worlds will be decided by best of 3 group play? That seems a little ridiculous, no? Any word on if 343 is planning on changing it to bo5?

Best of 3 in regionals would be asinine. Are they really doing that?

You cant pass Plat solo ?

I know that's quite a bit of sideways shade on your part, but it's a complete crapshoot team-wise, so no.

It's not all that easy to rank up when every other game you get placed with a 4-11 or a 3-12... or better yet, two 4-9s. Oh, and did I mention? Everyone is in their own party or just not chatting at all. Orrrr are you suggesting that an actual group of people working together SHOULDN'T beat a team of randoms 9 times out of 10?

I'm not a Halo God by any means, but in the few times I've played with people at Onyx-level, I'd say I'm probably a mid-Diamond player.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to add that I've been having some lovely connection issues the past day or two

• Downvote (-1) 2

"Pool Play, top two teams from four 4-team pools advance to Championship Bracket, bottom two finish 9-16th. Best of 3 series

Championship Bracket

Single-elimination 8-team bracket, Round 1 - best of 5 series, Rounds 2-3 - best of 7 series"

halo.esportspedia.com/wiki/Halo_World_Championship_NA_Regional_Finals_2016

I know that's quite a bit of sideways shade on your part, but it's a complete crapshoot team-wise, so no.

It's not all that easy to rank up when every other game you get placed with a 4-11 or a 3-12... or better yet, two 4-9s. Oh, and did I mention? Everyone is in their own party or just not chatting at all. Orrrr are you suggesting that an actual group of people working together SHOULDN'T beat a team of randoms 9 times out of 10?

I'm not a Halo God by any means, but in the few times I've played with people at Onyx-level, I'd say I'm probably a mid-Diamond player.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to add that I've been having some lovely connection issues the past day or two

Really you just listed a bunch of excuses.  I am not trying to be mean but everyone that solod their ranks had to deal with these things. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

Please dont make up excuses if you cant carry yourself to at least low Onyx you are bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 23

Really you just listed a bunch of excuses.  I am not trying to be mean but everyone that solod their ranks had to deal with these things. 

lmao, I'm hardly listing excuses, and again, I'm not saying I'm some great Halo player. All that means is the people who placed really high solo would likely be ranked even higher had they played with four other (at least decent) people. It would stand to reason that I could at least be in the diamonds if I got to play with some coordinated effort. I didn't ask for a concession. If anything, I was off-topic.

Let me make it more plain for you. Teams are fun because, as long as you work together, the sum of your combined abilities should be greater than the sum of your individual skills, which is what I was lamenting.

Again, the point of my original post was missed. I said "hey, I'm struggling solo, but I'm not bad, would ___ like to play sometime?"

Do you fit that bill? No? Then why are you bothering to tell me what I already know?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Please dont make up excuses if you cant carry yourself to at least low Onyx you are bad.

you're not understanding me. I never said I was "good," and the fact that you're invested enough to keep telling me I'm NOT good speaks more to your lack of comprehension skills.

The time I began working full-time upon graduating college was the time where my Halo skills inevitably declined, and I'm okay with that. What's your excuse for being so daft and not being able to correctly interpret even the most straightforward post?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

"Pool Play, top two teams from four 4-team pools advance to Championship Bracket, bottom two finish 9-16th. Best of 3 series

Championship Bracket

Single-elimination 8-team bracket, Round 1 - best of 5 series, Rounds 2-3 - best of 7 series"

halo.esportspedia.com/wiki/Halo_World_Championship_NA_Regional_Finals_2016

Have hope guys

IpbFAC7.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do you love making ignorant statements and pretending its absolute?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd say I'm about low-Diamond since that's who I get matched against all the time. At least, that's how it was in the first season before they started reseting ranks every month. I managed to grind up to Plat 6 after being placed in Plat 1, but man, I'm just really unlucky. I usually don't go on any winning streaks, so as soon as I gain some CSR from a win, I'll typically lose it next game and end up with 0 progress.

I'd say I'm about low-Diamond since that's who I get matched against all the time. At least, that's how it was in the first season before they started reseting ranks every month.

exactly. I was playing Diamond players sprinkled in with the occasional Onyx every game

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

lol I'm not sweating the guy. He just can't formulate thoughts or take them in very effectively

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Oh wow! I'm surprised I don't see your name on the first page of this thread! :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Do people actually believe in elo Hell ?. If you cant rank up is because you are in the rank you deserve.

• Downvote (-1) 4

I know I have no say so on these forums, but it would be nice if we could stay on topic. (HWC Teams, Seeds, and Discussion)

• Upvote (+1) 8

Do people actually believe in elo Hell ?. If you cant rank up is because you are in the rank you deserve.

Good luck soloing your way up against teams of 4 with randoms. There is no skill involved in getting lucky with teammates. Some do well, others get quitters nonstop. Saying someone is bad because they can't carry themselves to Onyx is a dumb statement.

Again, there is no skill involved in getting good teammates or people that won't quit.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd take the time to explain again how teamwork works, but I don't think you'd get it (even though this is a team game).

Last thought (towards you anyways).... if that's true, shouldn't EVERYONE play Halo solo and that's it? Because if the rank you achieve solo is simply the rank you deserve, playing with a team would then inflate your rank PAST what you deserve, so playing with a team is cheating!!!!!!

Anyways, I have to stop myself from responding to you, because sometimes I can't help myself.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know I have no say so on these forums, but it would be nice if we could stay on topic. (HWC Teams, Seeds, and Discussion)

yeah I dragged this way off-topic. It was supposed to just be a passing comment.... mods feel free to take these posts wherever you want to take them

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good luck soloing your way up against teams of 4 with randoms. There is no skill involved in getting lucky with teammates. Some do well, others get quitters nonstop. Saying someone is bad because they can't carry themselves to Onyx is a dumb statement.

Again, there is no skill involved in getting good teammates or people that won't quit.

I solod from plat 1 first season to onyx it wasn't that hard. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Did @@Ninja or @@Naded say in their streams last night if they filmed anything while at X-Games?

Hoping he uploads the footage soon. Would be great to see.

Hoping he uploads the footage soon. Would be great to see.

I was hoping @@Towey was going to release a video everyday.  He titled this one day 1.  I want day 2 lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I solod from plat 1 first season to onyx it wasn't that hard. 

Hey dont pop their bubble, they cant rank u because bad teammates and bad conection.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 13