CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why no merge the Breakout Arena to the Breakout playlist and leave alone Team Arena?

Sometimes i want to play a damn flag game, but no.. breakout 2 times in a row, then slayer, then again breakout, then strongholds (fine), then slayer...  :salt:

But.. but maybe the Breakout players don't want to play Arena Breakout also! Did you ever think about the Breakout players? No! Because you're selfish is what you are!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Now I'm genuinely interested in if Crim really does hate Halo. I never thought he did.

In one of his older vids when h5 just dropped he didnt like it. Hes not a fan of the thrusters and all that and thinks halo is best in its purest not how the recent ones been

Dont think he hates halo just the new direction halo goin.

anddddd he got off for scrims

Nice to see X-Games making people want to play though

So I was thinking today. May be rambling, but I wanted to post it up anyway.

We have Regionals. Then Worlds. HWC should be wrapped up sometime in March.

I see we have that Tournament announced a few pages back.

I'm sure there will be a few more LAN's setup as well.

Pro League sounds like it is all but confirmed, no?

Sounds like another HWC, potentially same time next year (Dec 2016 - March 2017)?

I hope all this turns out to be true, because the constant competition will do wonders for viewership and also prove to Pro's that the scene isn't going anywhere for a while. And with Halo's life cycle being more long term then games like CoD, I think it will help drive even more interested in people to compete in Halo. The effort you put in the game lasts longer and the competition has a chance to actually evolve a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In one of his older vids when h5 just dropped he didnt like it. Hes not a fan of the thrusters and all that and thinks halo is best in its purest not how the recent ones been

Dont think he hates halo just the new direction halo goin.

but plays CoD, lol.

• Upvote (+1) 4

but plays CoD, lol.

He didnt like aw along with many others but hey u just not gonna play and compete for that $$$?

He can more easily "shit" on newer halos because he doesn't have to force himself to play it. H5 to him prob reminds him alot of AW

Bo3 plays different and isnt all that quick thrusting around

I also thought it was the real Karma that was streaming. Why in the world would this guy name himself Karma when a legend like Ben Jackson assumed that name many years ago? He even had a giant billboard hovering over the events! Might as well have named himself OGRE2. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Thought it was THE Karma. Don't scare me like that.

You and me both. I was about to freak out lol

Idk what Crim said, but from what I've seen COD pros have shown nothing but support and excitement for halo. Everyone talking about how hype the finals were at X games.

I don't know much about Optic and Hecz, but wouldn't Hecz not want one of his COD players talking trash on the other eSport game that he has a stake in?

Are you referring to Crim's one tweet? Seriously, you guys are taking a tweet way too seriously lmao.  

mSC57.png

how am i doing guys? im choking im forgetting all the things i hate about it.  I just know i want it gone so i can play more fun gametypes

Best case scenario is that we get a separate HWC playlist, and/or remove breakout from team arena and just add it to the breakout playlist. Many people are picking up/getting back into Halo because of the recent X Games, myself included. We're even seeing streamers who make their living off other shooters - playing Halo. So wouldn't it be logical that people that are getting into Halo from X Games want to play the same gametypes that were used at the event? I think you should appease that fan base, because team arena doesn't quite cut it. 

That being said, a 'players union' of source should be created so that we have a consensus of what the settings & gametypes should be used. How hard would it be to survey 32 players out of the 60 that currently hold seeds. I imagine the players would be glad to do so.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Idk what Crim said, but from what I've seen COD pros have shown nothing but support and excitement for halo. Everyone talking about how hype the finals were at X games.

Definitely a lot of support. Truth is a lot of Pro gamers across all games grew up on CE/H2/H3. They may have gone other directions but they all have a deep seeded love for Halo.

Are you referring to Crim's one tweet? Seriously, you guys are taking a tweet way too seriously lmao.  

His tweet, plus a comment in Maniacs video, plus supposedly someone said in an interview he chose to "skip over" his Halo history for some reason. I don't know enough but I am genuinely interested in his HONEST opinion on Halo (not the act he might want to give to his CoD fanbase).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Remember when Elevate was Unlegit, Frosty, Randa and Suspector at the beginning of Halo 5?

Yep. Team would have been scary honestly. I'm sure Randa still has nightmares about that team not forming.

• Upvote (+1) 3

His tweet, plus a comment in Maniacs video, plus supposedly someone said in an interview he chose to "skip over" his Halo history for some reason. I don't know enough but I am genuinely interested in his HONEST opinion on Halo (not the act he might want to give to his CoD fanbase).

I think he's just joking around.  The comment in Maniac's video seemed comical.  As far as "skipping over" his Halo history, I think he kind of sees it as a low-point: he was largely disliked by most of the community (both Pro and Amateur), and as he's explained in the past this was also when he was fat and awkward.  Thats what I believe he means when he states "yeah lets just skip over that part".  His most-memorable Halo moment was that awkward interview which went viral and became a running joke.

He skipped his Halo history because he's not proud of it.  He's admitted multiple times how he was a terrible team player and a statwhore, and he understood why people didn't like him.  His placings were decent, but by his standards, a guy who has been expected to win nearly single event in CoD for the last 3 years and counting, even 4th is an awful placing.  

A couple of the posts I saw that stemmed from this tweet blew my mind.  It's not about Halo vs CoD, or CoD not wanting competition from Halo (LOL), it's Crim doing Crim things and making a sarcastic tweet.  Shouldn't be looking any further than 140 characters.

He probably doesn't like Halo 5, but he was a fan of H2/H3.  

• Upvote (+1) 5