CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

(Got permission from mods to post about this)

https://twitter.com/NthusiastGaming/status/694264040906948608/photo/1

Glad to announce the talent lineup we will have for EGLx Toronto on April 29- May 1st! It's been since 2008 has had a major Halo event and I am glad with all the enthusiasm, we will be having one! We have our very own host of the Pit @@throoper as the host. I think he will do a great job! Max and Chris are big community people who will bring great personalities to the table! 

The Prize Pool is $10,000 (CDN) minimum (If we pass 24 teams, they will raise the prize pool) in what is going to be an amazing time! So hopefully you are consider coming up North!

We set up an early bird price of $220 ($155 US) for a team pass until March 1st, so get your passes over at: http://eglx.ca/halo-5/

Any questions, or ideas please let me know! This is really going to be a community event, lots of community members in Canada are behind working on this as we want this to succeed so it can be a yearly thing! So any help from all of you greatly appreciated and I would love if you all came out!

Are they going to allow you to use the closed servers?

I apologize if this is a dumb question. But why can the m80 mixamp not be used at events? Does it have something to do with it not being able to daisy chain the mixamps? Since everyone is technically online anyways wouldn't you be able to start a party over XBL with the members of your team like you would at home or is that not allowed at events?

That's not allowed to use Party Chat or skype at events. If it's events like X Games or HWC. No, since it'll be closed servers. But normal events like Local lans and such require that you download skype which can take quite awhile depending on how good the connection is. So it's preferred you take your Mixamp and daisy chain with each other.

PS: if you have Astro TR. Your teammates would need Astro TRs as well for anyone of you to hear each other or there'll be some issues between you guys. So be careful. It's preferred you use the new Astro before the TR. unless you all have TR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it depends on how it's structured and who's running it. I think Bravo has power with the servers and such at LIVE events. But it all depends on how they decide to go about it since it'll be after regionals.

Where not when. And to answer that, it hasn't been announced yet

THank you. After watching the X-Games I kind of want to go check it out, havent been to one since MLG 2006 Chicago. Hopefully they bring it back to Chicago. THat'd be sick. 

I saw this and before I got a chance to watch it, it was pulled

fixed

Still chatting with them. So my answer is we'll see. 343 a little preoccupied right now aha

• Upvote (+1) 1

fixed

yeah they had to reupload because the original one showed how much scump was making monthly or something from YT

Are the A40 TR better than the older versions? Say the 2015 editions?

I have the mixamp TR. The surround sound mode sounds TERRIBLE - too much reverb, sounds very metallic on most of the EQ presets (kind of similar to how the X Games stream sounded when it was having problems on Saturday). It's my first mixamp so I don't really have a point of comparison, and the only answer I can get out of Astro support is that it is "working as intended," but there are tons of posts on the Astro forums saying it sounds much worse than older versions. Aside from that it functions as advertised and not having to plug anything into the controller is nice.

Haven't tried the headset. I'm not a total "audiophile" but I appreciate good sound and am skeptical of any overly-marketed young people headphones (Skullcandy, Beats). I use my nice music headphones and an attachable mic I got for $20 on Amazon and it works great.

Don't want to take the thread too far off topic, PM me if you have any questions.

Mad Max casting? Lol thats awesome. I remember at orlando 09 when he was on DBA i think in the am bracket some kid stood up and started making a Native American noices at him. So funny.

#neverlosefaithinSpeedx2

Apparently there's data that suggests that people like it. What kind of data he is talking about idk

This is why we need a veto system.

Maybe low CSR players don't mind Breakout but Onyx+ level Team Arena i assure you Arena Breakout would be vetoed most of the time.

It starts with A letter in the alphabet.   :intel:

:lxthul:

Anaheim?  To be honest not all that exciting in terms of possibilities but it makes sense.  MLG was recently purchased by Activision/Blizzard who's headquarters are located in Santa Monica, less than 50 miles from the Convention Center.  Additionally, the gaming convention Blizzcon is held in Anaheim so the venue is no stranger to the gaming world.

On a plus note, the Anaheim Convention Center is hosting United Spirit Association Spirit Nationals the weekend of the finals...so...grills.  :apg:

OR....

Austin.  Like I've mentioned before, SXSW gaming in Austin is the same week as the HWC Finals.  Would be a great venue to showcase this game with so many people flooding in for the larger festival.  The tournament stage still has yet to be announced.

Anaheim? To be honest not all that exciting in terms of possibilities but it makes sense.

On a plus note, the Convention Center is hosting United Spirit Association Spirit Nationals the weekend of the finals...so...grills. :apg:

that happened in Columbus 2012? There was a cheer leading thing going on

I am hoping for Seattle so I can go !!

Edit: and in my opinion Optic with these long hours doesn't matter if they aren't playing good halo. Bad practice means bad games. 

So who is the playlist for then? competitive/hcs players voted breakout out and don't want overgrowth, casuals have many playlists already and breakout players have their own playlist. I guess we gotta catch them doing something shady to get any change.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The fact that Team Arena isn't meant to be HWC settings is mind blowing. What is the playlist even for? Why would you not have a playlist for the competitive game you've been advertising on the menu screen and all over your own website? Hello?

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is why we need a veto system.

Maybe low CSR players don't mind Breakout but Onyx+ level Team Arena i assure you Arena Breakout would be vetoed most of the time.

I'm plat 5 and I can't stand it. I'm much prefer a veto system rather than dodge.

it showed Scump's monthly earning off youtube. 

Was is 6 figures? Because that wouldn't surprise me.

It would make me sad though.