CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Kind of relevant to the HWC because of pros playing and shit:

The services and multiplayer teams here at 343 Industries have been hard at work at improving and fine tuning the Halo 5 matchmaking experience. One improvement we’re making affects how ranking impacts matchmaking search times for certain players. Over time, it’s possible for players to get skill values that make it difficult for them to find matches. This was an issue that lead some players to create alternate accounts or party up with people of much lower rank to find matches. We’ve implemented changes in our algorithm to get players at all skill levels even faster matches. This should improve matchmaking times and increase the number of people eligible to match for players at all skill levels as well as players in international regions.

ONYX AND CHAMPIONS

Based on feedback from the community, we are making some tweaks to the Onyx and Champion CSR. Players noticed that it was possible to place into Champion (at least temporarily) simply by being the first 200 people in Onyx to complete their placement matches in a season. We are doing two things to increase the competitiveness for Champions. First, the new minimum CSR to earn a Champion rank will be 1800 rather than 1500. Additionally, we’ve placed a cap on the highest CSR you can earn after your placement matches at 1700. These changes will make Champions a more elite group and reward players that prove they're amongst the top in the world.

Both of these changes rolled out just today (Monday February 1) with the start of the new season), through service side updates, and do not require the download of a content update.

We’ve also been working on additional improvements for players in regions around the globe, and will have more details and updates to share in the very near future.

We’ll be monitoring telemetry and feedback closely, so be sure to leave us your feedback here on Waypoint’s forums and @Halo on Twitter.

See you in matchmaking!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/february-matchmaking-updates

• Upvote (+1) 5

The point is that Formal or other people arnt targeting your specific set of skills. You are.

Oh an opinion on an opinion forum. I didn't said he was bad i said overrated.

On Topic: can someone explain me why is Regret considered bad, for me Eden Slayer is the worst, so many long sight lines with the pistol is hard, and the initial spawn imbalances.

• Downvote (-1) 9

I'm better at civil engineering, your point?.

Bragging about Civil Engineering on a Halo Forum... ok?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Oh an opinion on an opinion forum. I didn't said he was bad i said overrated.

On Topic: can someone explain me why is Regret considered bad, for me Eden Slayer is the worst, so many long sight lines with the pistol is hard, and the initial spawn imbalances.

Jack-Donaghy-Pouring-Alcohol-Loop-30-Roc

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bragging about Civil Engineering on a Halo Forum... ok?

He was comparing someone career to me. Is like comparing me to lebron, I can't criticize Lebron James because I can't play basketball like he does it. It's a stupid argument.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just saw Maniac's latest video & Crim also shits on Halo there when Maniac sits down to watch the EG vs CLG match with others in the house. Pretty sure he's serious too. Probably not a big deal, but I just found it ironic that one of the two former Halo pros on Optic openly hates Halo.  

EDIT: Context fwiw,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvMq6B73bRI&t=4m37s
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

https://twitter.com/josschristensen/status/693996148613189632

He cleans up that previous comment a little bit with this follow-up tweet, but these athletes apparently keep making the same mistake of shitting on Halo to prop up their own sport.  

If you're upset about your TV time, ask why your sport isn't getting the attention you feel it deserves.  There's thousands of people that feel about Halo that same way you feel about skiing. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Now that we're reaching new heights for Halo as an esport, is it too much to ask for professional casters to stop using the term "kid" when referring to players? Most of them are grown ass men and not children. Maybe I am just annoyed with this simple thing, but it just seems so dumb to call everyone "kid."

I am not generally a nitpicker, but hearing "kid" just grinds my gears.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

He cleans up that previous comment a little bit with this follow-up tweet, but these athletes apparently keep making the same mistake of shitting on Halo to prop up their own sport.  

If you're upset about your TV time, ask why your sport isn't getting the attention you feel it deserves.  There's thousands of people that feel about Halo that same way you feel about skiing. 

they are SO mad that they aren't as relevant as halo players

i think it's half them being genuinely mad and half them trolling for attention

• Upvote (+1) 4

Now that we're reaching new heights for Halo as an esport, is it too much to ask for professional casters to stop using the term "kid" when referring to players? Most of them are grown ass men and children. Maybe I am just annoyed with this simple thing, but it just seems so dumb to call everyone "kid."

You're correct is very unprofessional.

So it's pretty awesome seeng MLG take care of all the pros that are stuck in Aspen cause of the weather! Some are extending their condo stays or helping them get flights. Good to see MLG back

• Upvote (+1) 4

https://twitter.com/josschristensen/status/693996148613189632

You know, I loved Halo at the X-Games and the tournament was incredible....but I dont think we belong there.

Halo should definitely get itself in the limelight and get the attention it deserves, but Halo should not be at an extreme sports event, just as much as a BMX competition does not belong at the Halo Regional Event.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's so much irony in X-games athletes trying to dismiss gaming. 

Here's a thought: Let's compare the amount of practice a Halo player puts in compared to a skiier.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You know, I loved Halo at the X-Games and the tournament was incredible....but I dont think we belong there.

Halo should definitely get itself in the limelight and get the attention it deserves, but Halo should not be at an extreme sports event, just as much as a BMX competition does not belong at the Halo Regional Event.

Who cares?. We got a LAN event and nice production. I don't care if Microsoft bought the ticket in, we got good exposure.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

>Reschedule Monday flight to Sunday night to get out before the storm.

>Cancelled, put back on original flight.

>Cancelled, can't get back home until Wednesday.

Does anyone have a snowmobile that can get me home?

Im just a big BR fan, what can i say.

Gotta agree with you man, Love playing halo with a BR in my hand, I'd play the game almost every night if it was primary/secondary weapon in HCS. 

The look of a weapon will never be more important than it's functionality.

This game would be easier to shoot in than H2A if it were BR starts.

The only argument I can see for BR starts is that it's a better utility weapon than the current pistol.

Now that we're reaching new heights for Halo as an esport, is it too much to ask for professional casters to stop using the term "kid" when referring to players? Most of them are grown ass men and children. Maybe I am just annoyed with this simple thing, but it just seems so dumb to call everyone "kid."

No different from pro sports announcers (usually former players) calling current players "kid" though.  Former players call current players as kids not out of disrespect from age, but due to the difference in years of experience in the sport.

Just saw Maniac's latest video & Crim also shits on Halo there when Maniac sits down to watch the EG vs CLG match with others in the house. Pretty sure he's serious too. Probably not a big deal, but I just found it ironic that one of the two former Halo pros on Optic openly hates Halo.  

EDIT: Context fwiw,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvMq6B73bRI&t=4m37s

Now I'm genuinely interested in if Crim really does hate Halo. I never thought he did.

Now I'm genuinely interested in if Crim really does hate Halo. I never thought he did.

i think CoD people believe that halo and CoD can't both coexist and be popular at the same time

and i really think they don't want the competition 

• Upvote (+1) 3

It comes across like he's just taking the piss.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo is and will always be a more skilled shooter even with 343 at the helm and that probably rubs some COD bois the wrong way. It really is a shame that COD has a player like Formal as his skills would really shine in Halo whereas to me they just blend into COD due to the nature of flinch shooting and super small edges.

• Upvote (+1) 6

On Crim's channel he uploaded a video talking about his journey through gaming and how he got to where he is now.  he talked about killing bots in counter strike, playing CoD 2 demos for hours at gamestop, got to the Halo part and said "ya i dont want to go into this" and just skipped over the whole halo thing.  I was surprised.  I mean he got top 4 placings and consistently top 8.  he was a good player.