CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Man, that finals was awesome. Could you imagine if we had oddball and king of the hill? Please 343 bring them soon. 

im kinda hoping for a bomb gametype too

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still on a high from last night.

Lxthul is irreplaceable they said. CLG will dominate they said. :simms:

Lxthul has only been with the team a few weeks right? along with the other kid. so to get second is pretty good considering.

Thank you, senpai. Take me under your wing :)

Quality over quantity friend. 

The boy and girls here all have a fever, and the only prescription is dank memes and gifs. As their dank doctors, we don't want them to overdose on them, we want them to feel better. Nothing makes them contemplate life more than perfectly executed gif.

Go on now. Git.

tGZG5Zi.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

When we talk about the damage dealt stat, does Halo still use 70-shields and 45-health?

not sure if this has been answered yet so sorry if i repeated it, but ive tested it in custom games. To kill a spartan it takes 115 damage, so yes.

I will be streaming the Gfinity Cup today that will be starting at 6:30 PM GMT on twitch.tv/batchford.

If you thought I did well in the last chance, then you should come by today. Should be a decent stream.

I saw you needed 9 rep for you Gold bar so I went in your post history and helped you out bud. Great job!

1wRt49z.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

5k+ posts and about half a million in page views since Xgames begun, still have today's stuff too :simms:

Any way to tell how many people decided to go premium since the hurricane lethul up to the end of X-Games?

• Upvote (+1) 1

im kinda hoping for a bomb gametype too

oh yea i can't believe i forgot assault! that too! this game will be so much better when those gametypes and certain playlists are added. 

So CLG won more games against EG over the weekend but placed second. That's cool.

I do think EG deserve the win though, and I agree with it being a fresh series for the final.

Just an interesting thought, I'd be salty if I was on CLG.

I understand what you are saying, but they way I look at it is, it is much like other professional sports, in that, teams play a regular season and try to win as many games as they can to get the highest seed in the "post-season" so that they will have a favorable road to the championship.  This was no exception. As I'm sure you know, CLG won their pool so they got to play the #2 seed from the other pool (Renegades), thus avoiding Allegiance in the first round of the bracket, which I'm sure we would all agree would have been a more difficult match.  Everyone who competed knew that Saturday would be what everyone would remember. 

Even though I am not a fan of Lxthul's, I don't mind his tweets saying that this tourney didn't matter as much as the $2million regionals and finals because dwelling on this series does him or his team no good. However, his comment (based from what I have read on this forum) about trying to justify that EG didn't deserve the Gold because CLG overall had won more games over the 2 series is sort of week because EVERYONE that competed knew that Pool Play only was about advancing and seeding, and that was it.

I guess I would rebuttal with, in Lxthul's theory based on what he said, well then shouldn't Allegiance have already won HWC because they are the #1 seed?  Obviously the logical answer is No, because the season isn't over yet. The only thing that matters is who wins the most recent match/tournament.  Regionals will be the same way.  Whoever wins Regionals will take home some nice money, but for the teams that advance to HWC, they will deserve to win the championships just as much as any other team, regardless of what happened at Regionals. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ok can someone explain how the last chance Qualifer actually works? Like are the Top 15 teams not able to compete in it, and whoever wins last chance gets the 16th spot?

Quality over quantity friend. 

The boy and girls here all have a fever, and the only prescription is dank memes and gifs. As their dank doctors, we don't want them to overdose on them, we want them to feel better. Nothing makes them contemplate life more than perfectly executed gif.

Go on now. Git.

tGZG5Zi.gif

Understood!

2hSX2kl.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ok can someone explain how the last chance Qualifer actually works? Like are the Top 15 teams not able to compete in it, and whoever wins last chance gets the 16th spot?

Yup, go big or go home for the teams outside the t15. 

I understand what you are saying, but they way I look at it is, it is much like other professional sports, in that, teams play a regular season and try to win as many games as they can to get the highest seed in the "post-season" so that they will have a favorable road to the championship. This was no exception. As I'm sure you know, CLG won their pool so they got to play the #2 seed from the other pool (Renegades), thus avoiding Allegiance in the first round of the bracket, which I'm sure we would all agree would have been a more difficult match. Everyone who competed knew that Saturday would be what everyone would remember.

Even though I am not a fan of Lxthul's, I don't mind his tweets saying that this tourney didn't matter as much as the $2million regionals and finals because dwelling on this series does him or his team no good. However, his comment (based from what I have read on this forum) about trying to justify that EG didn't deserve the Gold because CLG overall had won more games over the 2 series is sort of week because EVERYONE that competed knew that Pool Play only was about advancing and seeding, and that was it.

I guess I would rebuttal with, in Lxthul's theory based on what he said, well then shouldn't Allegiance have already won HWC because they are the #1 seed? Obviously the logical answer is No, because the season isn't over yet. The only thing that matters is who wins the most recent match/tournament. Regionals will be the same way. Whoever wins Regionals will take home some nice money, but for the teams that advance to HWC, they will deserve to win the championships just as much as any other team, regardless of what happened at Regionals.

They don't call them counter logic for nothing.

http://imgur.com/IPmfwGr

No Radar is next. It will make it 1000x better.

Couldn't agree with you more. I haven't been keeping up that much since halo 5 released and I was honestly shocked that it was still in. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe taking a leaf out of Naded's book? Either way hope they're not taking the loss too hard, they showed they're a force to be reckoned with on a good day against Liquid. Get back on the horse, work on objectives gametypes and they'll come back strong at regionals. 

Just need to work on better individual decision making. Stellur with the Sniper+OS push, Spartan with Flagnum-overaggressiveness, Ninja sucking on Truth, and VicX having some bad games. They definitely have the talent to do better.

I'm much more interested in how much nV & TL improve between now and Regionals. 

The second slayer actually gave me a feeling that EG were going to win the series. It spoke to their amazing teamwork that they were able to keep the game close despite Royal 2 hitting every snipe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any way to tell how many people decided to go premium since the hurricane lethul up to the end of X-Games?

27 members, pretty crazy to see this much support, <3 you guys.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Couldn't agree with you more. I haven't been keeping up that much since halo 5 released and I was honestly shocked that it was still in. 

I feel the radar is practically worthless anyway, i always seem to be getting assassinated. Maybe i just dont have good awareness but i feel like i check it constantly and it seems to take no time at all to sprint from the edge of someones radar to their backside. 

If you would have asked me at Daytona where Commonly would wind up, EG would not have been my answer! Seriously though I've been grinding with the kid since reach. Then we teamed online in h4 and were planning on going to the last AGL with stress and exemplify. Honestly I believe we would have achieved second that event to ambush, but after a serious of very unfortunate events (which happens to be the theme to my halo career) I ended up being the only player of those four to make it to that event. Last minute knighty knighty picked me up and I low key dominated the entire event all the way to the looser semi finals against spartan's team. We lost to a technicality basically and it was honestly pretty shitty.

Then h2a happened and those guys stopped competing, as I continued to attempt to compete. I didn't find much success (top 16 twice).

As hype for h5 approached I began grinding MCC h3 hardcore with you guessed it, commonly stress and exemplify sometimes. We honestly became top notch h3 players at this point destroying just about everyone online. I knew these guys were some of my closest halo friends that had the talent to beat the best. Commonly exemplify and I decided to be a to3 for Daytona - stress had already joined nighthawks so we picked up bubu dubu as our fourth. We actually wanted El town who's another teammate and good friend of mine as our fourth but he couldn't make it. Our team played pretty well but ended up losing to night Hawks and then frosty's team for fourth place.

Just a little bit from someone who has teamed with him for a long time. I always knew he was a wizard and to see him win x games was even a little emotional for me! Haha. Also glad to see El town and suspector win bronze.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think my post got lost yesterday but Commonly, Stellur, and Frosty really impressed me this weekend. Especially Commonly because that dude literally made so many plays that saved EG in the finals. I did not expect him to stay calm and do his job. Frosty is absolutely nasty and he can be scary when he's in the moment, we saw a lot of sparks of what he could be like if he didn't have that cold. Stellur has the skill to be a very good player but he looks like he still has some learning to do like how to improve communication, etc.

I was very excited for all of the new pros. Always good to see new faces. :)

Oh also El town and suspector... These guys are REALLY good too. Naded did a good job picking up these guys

Has anybody been to this mlg.TV arena where regionals are held at? Anybody have hotel recommendations near there? Thanks :)