CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Holy shit. I managed to avoid all Halo news until i got home tonight after work. Watched the rebroadcast of the finals and I have to say that it was one of the best Halo series i've ever seen. Eg beating CLGethul is pretty fucking cool. But man, that seriessssssssssss congrats to EG!

Anyone have peak viewer numbers for the stream? 

Holy shit. I managed to avoid all Halo news until i got home tonight after work. Watched the rebroadcast of the finals and I have to say that it was one of the best Halo series i've ever seen. Eg beating CLGethul is pretty fucking cool. But man, that seriessssssssssss congrats to EG!

Anyone have peak viewer numbers for the stream?

I saw roughly 41,000 at its highest.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I saw roughly 41,000 at its highest.

Thats damn good for Halo! So happy with this event. Production quality was top notch too. Regionals hype!!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can't even watch streams right now. There's something about LAN and the Tournament environment where everything is so much better. Pros are good online but at the tournament it's a whole new level.

Always been this way and that's why I've been a fan so long.

I can't even watch streams right now. There's something about LAN and the Tournament environment where everything is so much better. Pros are good online but at the tournament it's a whole new level

CZ7xOocWEAIxIEb.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Lets go to a listen in with Allegiance-  GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NDJSNSJNSNIJANJSNJDIHSAJCJDSCNISDICIUNCJINSAI JI JI4DEADDDDDDDDDDDDDLETS GOOOODJINCISDNIJCNIJDNCIJNEIJCNIENJICNIN  im dead guys

• Upvote (+1) 4

Something that I find crazy is that EG is easily one of the top eSports organizations in the world. This gold medal performance has to be one of their biggest and proudest accomplishments and its all because of Halo. Halo brought gold medals to Evil Geniuses. That's so cool to me.

• Upvote (+1) 4

besides Momochi EG suck in SF4 so there's that. Do they have a decent team for CSGO?

Monster has both Fnatic and Team EnVyUs for CS:GO.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Something that I find crazy is that EG is easily one of the top eSports organizations in the world. This gold medal performance has to be one of their biggest and proudest accomplishments and its all because of Halo. Halo brought gold medals to Evil Geniuses. That's so cool to me.

And yet they neglected them all day until after they won. Their last tweets I think were about them playing Penta and EG Friday.

O_O

Just got done watching the rebroadcast....I WAS SO PUMPED LETS GO EG. Ha i just knew that they still were the best team. Yesterday was not a full representation of their team. Today tho they had a fire under their ass. They moved so aggressively together it was so fluid. Shout out to Towey and Commonly on being on top of power ups/power weapons. That was such a huge improvement from when they had Lethul. They just didnt played scared today and really tapped into their potential and experience. That core group of guys is too smart and too competitive to just roll over after a loss like yesterdays. They learn and improve from their mistakes better than anyone else. That is why EG will continue to win.

Shout out to CLG though they dominated everyone until the finals. A very scary team, the raw talent they have is enough to overcome almost any obstacle. They basically won that Eden TS by putting on a live Montage. It was really annoying as an EG fan....EG and CLG clearly the best 2 teams. At that, there is no team right now that is close to breaking into the top 3 with AE, EG, and CLG.  

Wanna touch on the Lethul topic for a moment. He honestly impressed me most of the event for how mature he was...until the Finals. I still like Lethul and i think he puts on this persona for the community that isnt really indicative to who he really is. But i was fairly disappointed on how much of a lame duck he was after the loss. I understand he was probably getting quite a bit of hate but i feel like he reacted kind of childishly to it. Its hard for me to judge someone in that position tho. GGs Lethul, you obviously didnt make the "wrong" decision but that doesnt mean that EG isnt just as good ;)

Final and most important thought. This was the most exciting and engaging live event ive watched in the last 5 years outside of two Super Bowls. Im glad to hear numbers were pretty ok but honesly i dont care. Im just excited that im excited about Halo again :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why don't pros nade rockets on Coliseum? On red side, there's a Plasma right in the cave and all you have to do is walk into the corner of the rocks, get locked in, and aim in the middle of two straight lines on the ceiling. It's way easier than any of the Halo 1 nades and there's a pretty big margin of error.

Blue side is a little harder, but damn, so many times rockets are left up for nearly 20 seconds as people die fighting over them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

oh hey seeson  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2

IG Daytona was his first LAN event I'm pretty sure, not really a big tournament.

nah commonly teamed with Cipherize, Life Alert, and Bitanga was their fourth I believe in 2012 a halo Reach event.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

FNC FTW

I think a team of legit silvers could put on a better show than these asian teams. The casters are funny tho

• Downvote (-1) 2

I can finally get on these forums again after seeing the finals. So glad that EG took home the gold medal, the series was exactly what I was hoping for when they matched CLG in comparison to the first time they met. Also great to see that @@Commonly made everyone a believer of his skill in this game and am super excited to see how good they will get together as time passes. 

Congrats to EG!