CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If it has continuation it isn't a true double elimination bracket. Halo finally got rid of it because starcraft made fun of how dumb MLG was for using it. Halo is all about winning the series. H2A was much better by getting rid of continuation. On top of everything else it means we get to see more games played.

How is it dumb? Makes every game you play in the tournament important no matter who play because you never know who you might see again.

Continuation >

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can't wait until Regionals & the HWC. I'm just hoping more teams perfect their game & strats by then, to manage to take away some games from Allegiance, EG & CLG. Those three just steamrolled the competition, lord have mercy. Looking forward to some hyper-contested 3-2's between the top 8 soon.

Bring on Regionals baby!

(PS: Can a brotha get an invite to Beyond's twitch chat please  :kappa:  )

How is it dumb? Makes every game you play in the tournament important no matter who play because you never know who you might see again.

Continuation >

Spoken from the Halo 2 God himself

I literally just sat in my chair and played Halo while I had the games on in the background. Watched the finals of course. Just like the good ol days.

Today was a good day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

First, Audley's Salty Thoughts:

1) We never saw Allegiance versus CLG, so we have no way of knowing how those two teams would've matched up against each other on LAN.

2) Epsilon won more games in the last 48 hours than Renegades did.

3) Truth + Regret Slayer in the same series.  Too much r-r-r-r-r-remix.  Where was the Coli TS?  (Move Fathom Flag game 1, Truth Flag G4, then Coli TS in place of Truth TS or Regret TS.

4) Liquid having to downgrade from arguably the second best coach in the game to some guy who tunnel visions and can't time Camos really hurt them.  Took them 5 games before they remembered how to play Halo, then they looked like a team that could compete.

5) I really want to see CLG with all 4 players playing at 100%.  Frosty was playing insane, but you could see in his face how miserable he felt from his cold.

6) I just want to be behind a desk once.

He's a veteran eSport writer/personality.  I want to say that Starcraft was his "main" game IIRC.  He's said some negative things about Halo as an eSport in the past.  Now he's a lead writer for ESPN's eSport section.

Slasher is a Quake guy.  He's a generalist journalist though, and like other good multi-game journalists in esports, he doesn't have a great reputation.  (Thorin, Richard Lewis).

But he hates on Halo because console FPS, while he comes from PC Master Race good FPS skill games.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

snip

Real talk how does one become unable to time camos? I always played without a coach so maybe its just natural to me but to not even be playing and lose track of the camo time?

Continuation >

Continuation is dumb. Made for so many anti climactic tourney finals.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lmao, glad I'm not the only one getting a kick out of the salt. 

Say what you will about Che's ability to run the HCS, but the dude takes good pictures. Epic moment captured forever.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Real talk how does one become unable to time camos? I always played without a coach so maybe its just natural to me but to not even be playing and lose track of the camo time?

I'm a bad coach.

(On Eden SH, I was focused too hard on OS+Rockets.  On Plaza SH, it was just never being able to see exactly when the other team grabbed it.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

In other news, just bought my tickets for regionals. Absolutely NO IDEA what I'm going to do for a hotel but I'll figure it out. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm a bad coach.

Its not just you though in particular you sort of hear about this thing with a lot of teams and their coaches from time to time. I just can't ever believe it when its not just the coach but the entire team that suddenly can't figure out camo times and stuff. Maybe it just seems easy to me because I'm used to tracking a lot of cooldowns at once in other games where it might be more foreign to Halo players in some ways or just the general pressure and intensity of playing on the stage making it harder to do some simple things

Continuation is dumb. Made for so many anti climactic tourney finals.

Only time I really care to see it used is when the team coming from the losers bracket has to beat the team who is undefeated twice. As in LB team wins series one 3-0, series becomes a best of 11 with the LB team up 3-0.