CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If it's ever gonna happen it will be at the first HCS H5 event. (Much like Team Classic made their run at the first Halo 3 event and Lethul, Adrenaline, Neighbor, Amish Acorns did at first Reach event.)

If not, then it'll be just another EG year.

Part of the reason EG was so dominant was the lack of new gametypes and maps... and having Towey.

Wonder if other teams will start to focus more on having a dedicated coach who does as much as Towey does.

Is Spikemouth staying with Denial Org? Will Diesel join Optic Ambush? I really hope that every team has a coach that they use for more than in-game timing or plays. The out-of-tournament practice matters just as much. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope that every team has a coach that they use for more than in-game timing or plays. The out-of-tournament practice matters just as much. 

Are you implying the biggest tournament will happen 2 months after the launch?

No where is my post did I use the term, "biggest" - and I am pretty sure  you understood what I was trying to say.  this is just a reply for the sake of argument I take it?

Other then mlg having this 1mill event are they going to continue hosting events after they sign the check to EG.?

MLG is "partnering" for this event (same as Twitch, due to the big release hype/viewers/$$) - there has been no announcement that Halo is going to be back on the MLG circuit after this event - It is highly unlikely due to the HCS that 343 is attempting to build. 

No where is my post did I use the term, "biggest" - and I am pretty sure  you understood what I was trying to say.  this is just a reply for the sake of argument I take it?

the big tourney and the big cash

Confused about this? Obviously *the* big tourney and the big cash will be left for the biggest tournament. Unless I'm missing something here...

MLG is "partnering" for this event (same as Twitch, due to the big release hype/viewers/$$) - there has been no announcement that Halo is going to be back on the MLG circuit after this event - It is highly unlikely due to the HCS that 343 is attempting to build.

So you're are implying that halo 5 is going to be like halo 4. Completely no faith that halo 5 will be picked up by mlg cause its going to be trash.

• Downvote (-1) 6

Is Spikemouth staying with Denial Org?

No, Spikemouth and Denial separated at the same time as Chig/Mikwen. 

Part of the reason EG was so dominant was the lack of new gametypes and maps... and having Towey.

Wonder if other teams will start to focus more on having a dedicated coach who does as much as Towey does.

Is Spikemouth staying with Denial Org? Will Diesel join Optic Ambush? I really hope that every team has a coach that they use for more than in-game timing or plays. The out-of-tournament practice matters just as much. 

Spikemouth is no longer with Denial. If he can get on a top team he'll stay, otherwise he's done coaching. Could possibly see Diesel in H5!

My guess is ESL will host the million dollar events, while MLG will have HCS sanctioned events for the seasons.

• Upvote (+1) 6

My guess is ESL will host the million dollar events, while MLG will have HCS sanctioned events for the seasons.

Any intel on who you and mikwen are going to be teaming with?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Stop assuming EG is going to crush souls like they did in hcs. I'm sure if I catch lethul in an honest moment he will tell you the same thing. H5 is a different game. EG will still be nasty but I'm almost certain that the gap between EG and every other team won't be as significant as it was in H2A. And if/when they take off, it will be after hundreds of hours of playtime.

What I mean is that it's likely gonna be some what of a mixed bag for the first probably month and a half, then the top teams will separate themself from the pack.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly expect EG to lose the first few tournaments. I feel as though other teams will, dare I say, adapt better to how different Halo 5 is and EG will try to play it like classic Halo for a bit. I also hope they stick together if they do lose here and there because once they do adapt and learn the game fully, they can be just as dominant as they were in H2A.

They're either going to be dominant at the start or start to dominate after a few tournaments. Either way, I think they'll be golden for the seemingly $400k 1st place prize. If not, they aren't dropping out of top 4. If all current teams stay the same, I think the top 4 is set in stone with EG, "Optic Nation," CLG, and Liquid.

It will be a bit harder for EG to completely dominate Halo 5 solely because there will be more maps they would have to master, all of them being new. Hypothetically, if they were 7 LAN tournaments for Halo 5, that includes HWC, I would still predict them to win at least 3 events based off of superior communication, raw skill, and chemistry alone. EG were the absolute best at Warlord, Lockdown, and Shrine in H2A. Its hard to beat a team that are great at all the maps in tournament rotation.

Stop assuming EG is going to crush souls like they did in hcs. I'm sure if I catch lethul in an honest moment he will tell you the same thing. H5 is a different game. EG will still be nasty but I'm almost certain that the gap between EG and every other team won't be as significant as it was in H2A. And if/when they take off, it will be after hundreds of hours of playtime.

What I mean is that it's likely gonna be some what of a mixed bag for the first probably month and a half, then the top teams will separate themself from the pack.

What are you even trying to say here? On any given day EG has 3 of the top 5 best shots in Halo. If H5 truly demands more individual skill (as many on this forum claim) then EG should actually improve their winning margin in the new game.

• Downvote (-1) 1

What are you even trying to say here? On any given day EG has 3 of the top 5 best shots in Halo. If H5 truly demands more individual skill (as many on this forum claim) then EG should actually improve their winning margin in the new game.

What I'm saying is that it's likely that every pro will adapt to the game and the meta at a different rate. If the "best shot" always wins and the "most individual skill" does the best then sure. But for the first little while, I guarantee there will be a race for first that actually gives a challenge to EG with the potential of losing in the early stages as a result of the adaptation to the game.

What I'm saying is that while EG is dominant, they aren't just gonna shit all over everyone right off the bat of the new game like everyone keeps claiming.

I honestly expect EG to lose the first few tournaments. I feel as though other teams will, dare I say, adapt better to how different Halo 5 is and EG will try to play it like classic Halo for a bit. I also hope they stick together if they do lose here and there because once they do adapt and learn the game fully, they can be just as dominant as they were in H2A.

They're either going to be dominant at the start or start to dominate after a few tournaments. Either way, I think they'll be golden for the seemingly $400k 1st place prize. If not, they aren't dropping out of top 4. If all current teams stay the same, I think the top 4 is set in stone with EG, "Optic Nation," CLG, and Liquid.

I know I've seen quite a few people saying similar things to this, but why on Earth would you assume that every other team BUT the previous #1 team would adapt better to a new Halo?  It just doesn't make sense.  EG will still be a dominant team.  That being said, I feel/hope that they aren't going to be AS dominant, otherwise it will just be boring again when it comes to the finals in tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 2