CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Obviously that's not the format used in this tournament but correct me if I'm wrong, MLG used to do continuation series when teams that played each other in pool play met up in the bracket. Doesn't make sense to just have a bunch of games played that are 'meaningless', at least imo. 

They use continuation in bracket play but the 3-0 was in round robin.

Obviously that's not the format used in this tournament but correct me if I'm wrong, MLG used to do continuation series when teams that played each other in pool play met up in the bracket. Doesn't make sense to just have a bunch of games played that are 'meaningless', at least imo.

If I remember correctly pool play was only used for Reach at points. In H3 there were continuations but were used when teams met up after one causing the other to fall in the bracket. Like instinct playing FB after going through losers bracket.

I like how it wasn't continuation. Overall a great weekend

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been following competitive halo since 2002, back when I had to beg my mom to pay for MLG event VoD's to watch in 240p with Windows Media Player on dial up internet. Fourteen years later one of the only things that's remained a constant in my life is a love for competitive Halo. Watching Halo 5 at the X Games with 40,000 viewers, seeing how far this has all come, I'm so happy to still be here along for the ride. Onward, to Worlds. I love you all.

:halo:

lmao I did too! It was $20, and a lot of the time the stream didn't work that well. #Worth.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes, I see the better with 2gre stuff i just have to cringe. CLG got better by picking up TJ. Maybe in H2A CLG would be better with 2gre, but not in H5.

I think EG would have run away with this tournament if TJ was still on EG and 2gre on CLG.  But the Lethul pickup to CLG made them very good, and I think EG is just as good as before if not better with Commonly.

i agree with what your saying, but at the same time, even though they improved, it was still the same result...

lmao I did too! It was $20, and a lot of the time the stream didn't work that well. #Worth.

it was all about geting those sweet sweet vods

every game, every player pov, all organized 

no other vod service has touched that since then

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anybody think it's hilarious/epic that Ghost comes in here and posts HIS OWN FACE and gets 50 upvotes? lmao

• Upvote (+1) 7

But if him leaving for CLG doesn't make either a clear favorite...then it was a lateral move.

So he really just loses by virtue of not getting to team with the three gods anymore.

A lot of assumptions being stated as facts there. And a lot of actual facts being ignored. 

Anyway, can't wait to see what happens when both of these teams have more than 12 days together.  After less than half a month together, CLG won 3 of 5 at a LAN, which is what the actual Halo World Championship will look. like. But EG won this best of 7 series, and that's what mattered at this particular tournament.

I really liked what Roy said about the maps that they won through the whole series. They dominated.  CLG eked out their map wins. 

What does it all mean?  Way too early to tell when it comes to the $2 mill tournament a couple of months from now. 

Anybody think it's hilarious/epic that Ghost comes in here and posts HIS OWN FACE and gets 50 upvotes? lmao

lol yes.

His version of a mic drop.

• Upvote (+1) 1

how?

With dev xboxs they connected to a server on the lan. They xboxs were not on xbox live. That is why they could have the gamertags they had. Also why none of the stats where on sites like halotracker.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Coming home to see that EG won

cPIWd.jpg

Now to watch the rebroadcast. 

Amen-brother-gif.gif?gs=a

Also, apparently Halo got into the #2 spot, NOT the #3 spot:

Xvy_F0_D9.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7

Awesome event, great games! Glad to see EG pull out the win, made for a great story :)

Also big thanks to everyone that posted memes, went premium, and supported the community over the weekend. Makes the events a lot more fun to watch to check out the reactions of everyone here.

Can we get a Bomb Planted now?  :prayers:  ;)