CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

KfAdpiW.png

:ghost:  :intel:

I'm really hyped for this team - good mix of playstyles, and no foreseeable personality clashes. 

And it's always fun to see younger players get better really quickly just from teaming with more experienced guys. Who knows, Spartan could be the next APG, and Shooter could be the next Ola  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm really hyped for this team - good mix of playstyles, and no foreseeable personality clashes.

And it's always fun to see younger players get better really quickly just from teaming with more experienced guys. Who knows, Spartan could be the next APG, and Shooter could be the next Ola :walshy:

I hope so. Seems like the top players have stayed the same since 2010. We need new talent in the scene.

• Upvote (+1) 2

IzdS9vf.jpg

you guys like my new signature or whut??? :)

I swear I thought for sure that you made this to be funny because I thought you photoshopped Ninja to look like a girl.  Like I legit thought that you made him look like he was wearing lipstick and eyeliner.  Then I wondered why you would do that, so I looked at everyone else's comments on it and saw nobody mentioned it.  So I looked again and realized it probably wasn't photoshopped after all. 

And it's always fun to see younger players get better really quickly just from teaming with more experienced guys. Who knows, Spartan could be the next APG, and Shooter could be the next Ola  :walshy:

Spartan is going to learn a ton from Ryannoob, should be a really fun team to watch

I hope so. Seems like the top players have stayed the same since 2010. We need new talent in the scene.

New talent + Personality. 

Need more Youtube content in the mix for Halo to thrive. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I need some Cloud 9 intel soon....

They took ages to release Ninja and then pick up Ola, by then eveyone knew that was the change.

So i doubt we will get any soon unfortunately.

They took ages to release Ninja and then pick up Ola, by then eveyone knew that was the change.

So i doubt we will get any soon unfortunately.

The reason that took forever was because Ola was still under contract with EG.

Wait... what even happened here? Lol

He got one hit beat down because he most likely was absolute before his shields recharged. In Halo 3 the health (invisible) takes significantly longer than shields to recharge (10 seconds without health damage then it recharges at 9 points per second out of 45 points total). Not to mention MLG has buffed damage.

If you need further proof of this health stuff, launch up at custom game, grab a sniper and shoot someone in the body then let their shields recharge and shoot again. After the 3rd or 4th shot (I forgot) it'll be a 1 body shot kill.

#wedad again aren't we

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:

The hype wil be strong for the big tourney and the big cash - then 2 months post release....... yeah we dad

• Downvote (-1) 2

The hype wil be strong for the big tourney and the big cash - then 2 months post release....... yeah we dad

Are you implying the biggest tournament will happen 2 months after the launch?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I could see Bestman fitting into the C9 situation somewhere. I think Ola is going to team with Heinz no matter what and APG is probably also in that mix. The rest is dependant on whether or not Formal will play Halo. I could see C9 picking up Heinz and APG to go along with Ola and Hysteria if Formal doesnt come back. If he does I think Ola and Formal join Heinz and APG on a new team. In that case I think Bestman joins Hysteria on C9 with FiS and VicX.

I believe that was actually going to be a team after the season 1 finals and before S2. It fell through for some reason though but I could for sure see that team happening if Formal doesn't end up coming back. 

Then VicX and FiS could pick up two, possibly Bman and Legit, and find a new org. 

I believe that was actually going to be a team after the season 1 finals and before S2. It fell through for some reason though but I could for sure see that team happening if Formal doesn't end up coming back. 

Then VicX and FiS could pick up two, possibly Bman and Legit, and find a new org. 

The reason that squad didn't happen is that APG wanted to stay with Noble Black... then hurricane Maniac struck, and Heinz had already gone to Denial. 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if VicX and FiS fell back into retirement quickly.  Those two were non-existent in Reach and H4; their "comeback" was entirely driven by the nostalgia factor (return to "classic" Halo) that H2A brought.  Given what we know about H5, I don't expect those two to be excited about the game...especially if they end up off C9 and looking for a new team/organization.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pretty ironic that he did not see it coming from the guy who left his team for optic after a great placing at S1 finals. 

That thumbnail says it all. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty ironic that he did not see it coming from the guy who left his team for optic after a great placing at S1 finals. 

That thumbnail says it all. 

Wonder who they'll pick up. Aries did well when he was on Optic before, and also played well w/ Maniac on Noble Black. But I have a feeling that Aries will end up with Prototype on a Fnatic roster... maybe w/ Elumnite & Russo? Not sure if Russo's coming back. 

He got one hit beat down because he most likely was absolute before his shields recharged. In Halo 3 the health (invisible) takes significantly longer than shields to recharge (10 seconds without health damage then it recharges at 9 points per second out of 45 points total). Not to mention MLG has buffed damage.

If you need further proof of this health stuff, launch up at custom game, grab a sniper and shoot someone in the body then let their shields recharge and shoot again. After the 3rd or 4th shot (I forgot) it'll be a 1 body shot kill.

Alternatively people can read the exact numbers and timing here.

Relevant section quoted below:

"A player in MP has a grand total of 115 hit points (to adopt a common term.) 45 of these are body hit points, 70 are shield hit points. For reference, a single AR bullet does 7.5 points of damage, and a BR bullet does 6. A melee attack does 70 for most weapons, with some weapons (notably the Brute weapons) doing 72.

When entering a melee contest, the combined body and shield hit points are compared. If the difference is above a threshold, then one player is determined to have won decisively and is protected from death. After testing with a variety of weapons, we settled on a threshold of 26.5 hit points (slightly rounded.) This translates into 4+ AR bullets worth of damage to decisively win a melee contest, instead of simply having 1 more hit point than the other guy.

There is one more wrinkle to this: your invisible body hit points do recharge, but at a different rate from your shields. While ordinarily this is a non-issue (we’ve always made this largely transparent), it can affect the outcome of a contest. For those of you keeping score, body hit points start regenerating 10 seconds after last taking damage, at a rate of 9 hp/sec. So if your shields are up but you’re fresh from taking a beating, you could still be in trouble in a contest."

EDIT: Despite this talk about the melee and health systems I think that Naded simply moved around the box when he broke Snipedown's line of sight and managed to get a backsmack.

The chance of anyone surviving enough fights on Onslaught to get that kind of result seems highly unlikely to me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I swear I thought for sure that you made this to be funny because I thought you photoshopped Ninja to look like a girl.  Like I legit thought that you made him look like he was wearing lipstick and eyeliner.  Then I wondered why you would do that, so I looked at everyone else's comments on it and saw nobody mentioned it.  So I looked again and realized it probably wasn't photoshopped after all. 

I noticed it too hahaha. Liquid Kunoichi, if you will...

Fuck, I'm a nerd.

I need some Cloud 9 intel soon....

Hopefully, nothing happens. If any  :intel: drops, I want to know that they're staying together. 

• Upvote (+1) 1