CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What was up with the melee from ninja? Both players double meleed, ninja died and didn't get a trade?

• Upvote (+1) 5

What was up with the melee from ninja? Both players double meleed, ninja died and didn't get a trade?

I thought it was weird too.

not sure I would taunt that much if I almost blew that lead, but that's just me.

I think it was just to get into their heads. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This type of sensory processing inversion is actually more common than you might think.  There are a lot of strange things peoples' brains do with sensory information. 

I teach high school. and we're getting better and better at identifying kids with these, and it's actually really easy to accommodate.  I have a kid with synesthesia this year who sees colors when he hears sounds. 

Whatever works for commonly is all good. Best of luck to he and EG in the gold medal match. 

Wouldn't this mean that he would be accustomed to hearing sound inverted, and switching headset sides would just be confusing and out of character? Hearing sound come in from the opposite side he was used to seems like it would do more harm than good.

Serious question guys, would you enjoy this more with player outlines on or does it kind of kill some hype?

I think a mix.

It can be more tense and exciting without outlines however it can also get quite confusing at points.

Naded has always been this way. I wish he would have taken the EG offer, Roy would have done wonders for his mental game.

As far as people judging his talent, he was probably the best pure skill player in H2/H3 until he turned himself into a "filler" of sorts. I'd say there's no one that currently plays that role better than him, except TJ.

Did EG come to him before they went to Commonly?

I don't think RNG is ever going to figure out that Nest and Bottom mid is the best set up. They never get nest first always yard and then lose bottom mid because of it and it takes them too long to get points and they can't climb out of the hole. When they get trip caps they need to set back up to hold nest and bottom and forget about yard. Having a trip cap is a luxury, if you get it great, get back to nest immediately.

• Upvote (+1) 1

not sure I would taunt that much if I almost blew that lead, but that's just me.

Mind games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wtf is that crap then? Ninja gets robbed a trade when the game is on the line?

I've often got phantom melees and blank railgun shots and just thought it was just a latency thing. Maybe not.

Wouldn't this mean that he would be accustomed to hearing sound inverted, and switching headset sides would just be confusing and out of character? Hearing sound come in from the opposite side he was used to seems like it would do more harm than good.

I'm not a psychiatrist, but I think it's because with headphones, you get an independent sound feed in each ear.  

When out of headphones, you're always using both ears to process everything, so the wiring in the brain can sort it a little easier. 

Just what I would deduct, but again, I'm not an expert. 

Naded is ripping this game. It just sucks that he didnt bring this level of play vs EG. Also, I like how these matches are deciding which teams are better than others since they are playing each other multiple times or the series show that they are clearly the better team. Now if that EG/CLG series goes to g7,49-49 scenario, with Lethul and Snip3down get into a 1v1 to decide the game........I can dream.