CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Serious question guys, would you enjoy this more with player outlines on or does it kind of kill some hype?

I like player outlines but until theater mode actually looks good I'd rather not use it

• Upvote (+1) 1

Prefer it without the outline, its much more tense only having the same visual information as the players, feels like your in their shoes more. Snip3down dropping in out of nowhere with a charged up rail gun was so good because he came out of nowhere for ALG and us. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Serious question guys, would you enjoy this more with player outlines on or does it kind of kill some hype?

I'm highly in favor of NO outlines. Love seeing it the same way the players are.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Works well in a standoff situation. Not having them on during regular play helps build anticipation in my opinion.

Allegiance are disciplined as fuck. They can easily win.

This series is one EG choke away in the Strongholds from being a 4-0 sweep.  EG is clearly the better team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

EG/CLG finals looks like it's on the cards. Glad to see EG looking a bit better than they were yesterday.

NO outlines.  I think outlines take some of the excitement out of the game

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually prefer outlines so that we can see things like that forced spawn to blue cave we saw in one of coliseum games in one of the OTs. However it does need to be improved so that the reticle isnt off like it currently is and maybe a special spectator mode for casters so that the game is actually live instead of delayed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I dislike how frequently the US events have been using outlines, but I think the UK casters had a fairly good balance with only turning them on during standoffs or to find some talking points. When they're on all the time though they just make the game less exciting because viewers can see what's going to happen before it happens and personally I like seeing things as the players see them in order to contrast the decision I would make in that scenario with the play that actually occurs.

Naded gonna be staring at a picture of breakout, crying the whole flight home. 

EG needs Snip3down if they are going to challenge CLG in any way.

The series against CLG in pool play, Snip3down played like complete shit.

Hoping tilted Naded stays around and RNG pulls the upset in the Bronze match. Not counting on it though.

Using outlines just for stalemates would be perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 3

let's go EG. Hoping for an EG vs CLG rematch with an x games gold on the line + money + drama. Gonna be intense af.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So much better without outlines. Casters need to realize that if outlines are going to be used they should be used as a tooll. Nevertheless, outlines in H5 are way too bold; they're so bold that when you're watching someone shoot a player, you can hardly see the usual visual feedback that indicates their health (i.e. shield flare and pop).

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think this is what people that get upset about comments on Naded don't get. He is a very good player. He shows up a lot of the time. But in the most critical times, he just seems to falter. It's not hate, it has just been his MO for years.