CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ah, I understand. Yeah, weird grammar then.

If it's any consolation, I've absolutely loved being a part of this community and Halo as a whole, and I've spoken highly of the scene to multiple team owners of LCS teams. I would love to see TSM, dignitas, Gravity, and the likes, get into Halo. As long as the game is interesting and the players are professional, we'll see the big orgs enter ^_^

That being said, hey, C9, Liquid, CLG, EG are by no means small orgs, in fact many would call EG the most successful gaming org of all time, so... yeah! I also don't think there's any shame in a new org making their name by starting in Halo either. There are many paths that lead to the same goal!

3 GG orgs (probably all at least partially negotiated by Kelby being interested in the scene for so long) + two orgs (C9/TL) that cashed in on Ninja's popularity + free agency.

I think the only way we'll see a different name come into the scene is if Ninja gets kicked off Liquid and doesn't have a place on any of the other big names.

Edit: Oh, and OpTic, who really only came in because Flamesword was already part of the org.

Tsquared, FiS, VictoryX, Totz, and Walshy all pretty much sucked in Reach (or more realistically were average at best), and Mikwen was far from the player he is today.  Ninja was super flawed himself, but I'm not really sure what point you were trying to make.  Ninja outplaced FiS and Victory in literally every tournament after he was dropped from Final Boss, so he clearly wasn't "holding them back".

not at providence  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

+ two orgs (C9/TL) that cashed in on Ninja's popularity + free agency.

I think the only way we'll see a different name come into the scene is if Ninja gets kicked off Liquid and doesn't have a place on any of the other big names.

Ninja is Halo's Batman.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they grind and get a solid 4th they can easily make a bit of money (doubt they'll win tourneys.... or grind). 

A lot of F/A's are out there. 

And yes, I too am 'lmao'ing' at everybody thinking just because Ninja won an H4 event he'll be dominant in H5. 

Most ridiculous thing.

lol. No one said he was going to be dominant? A few people have simply speculated that he COULD be better at H5 than H2a, because of stuff like sprint that likely made him good at H4. And once again, several pros have speculated this as well, so idk why you keep acting like it's so ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 2

3 GG orgs (probably all at least partially negotiated by Kelby being interested in the scene for so long) + two orgs (C9/TL) that cashed in on Ninja's popularity + free agency.

I think this is a really jaded way of looking at things!

I had typed a bit more, but yeah, let's just see how things play out. I don't think the entirety of Halo's future hinges on Mr. Blevins' popularity (with all due respect to him, of course) or Mr. May's devotion. WFX certainly didn't enter the scene for either of these reasons. 343 is putting in a lot of work to make Halo 5 a viable esport, and I can't wait to see how it plays out, and I think that other orgs will come in once it starts coming to fruition.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ninja is better when he has more tools to be agressive. Halo 5 brings that option.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja is better when he has more tools to be agressive. Halo 5 brings that option.

Yeah but he can also be easily countered by said "tools" 

Unless there's money in it, they won't invest in a team outside the top, and since the top are already with orgs, there's no reason for new orgs to come in...because there's not money in it yet.

No, the million dollar prize pool does not mean there is money in the scene.

There's more room for growth once a weekly league structure like LoL/CoD have, since that means there's more brand exposure.  At THAT point, we may see more teams come into the scene.

that is why i supported the online tourneys. however b/c state of MCC was horrible+DDoS it made it miserable.  some people are pushing for Bigger lan events. i think 1-2 bigger lan events can help. However established league with weekly matches attracts more orgs and will help top players establish a more consistent salary.

But the larger lan events help to grow the competitor player base and turnouts at events.

I had typed a bit more, but yeah, let's just see how things play out. I don't think the entirety of Halo's future hinges on Mr. Blevins' popularity (with all due respect to him, of course) or Mr. May's devotion. WFX certainly didn't enter the scene for either of these reasons. 343 is putting in a lot of work to make Halo 5 a viable esport, and I can't wait to see how it plays out, and I think that other orgs will come in once it starts coming to fruition.

Do you as an org have anything new planned for the future now that the LoL team was pretty much dumpstered in the NACS? Right now you guys only have the Halo squad and Shroomed, right?

1) ESL Pro League

2) Pro League end of season playoffs/champs

3) Smattering of "ESL ONE" like events

4) MLG Open Tourneys

5) World Championship for ~2mill (Open bracket)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do you as an org have anything new planned for the future now that the LoL team was pretty much dumpstered in the NACS? Right now you guys only have the Halo squad and Shroomed, right?

Absolutely, dude. We have no plans to abandon the LoL team, I will keep supporting players as long as they want to compete, and I'm always looking at many many different esports to support. I've been doing research on Hearthstone, CSGO, Heroes of the Storm, and more, for quite some time. I'm a glutton for competition, and the idea of a team taking home a championship wearing a WFX banner, even in something new or small like Rocket League or Splatoon has a great appeal to me.

Also, don't forget our USF4 player, 801_Strider!

• Upvote (+1) 8

Absolutely, dude. We have no plans to abandon the LoL team, I will keep supporting players as long as they want to compete, and I'm always looking at many many different esports to support. I've been doing research on Hearthstone, CSGO, Heroes of the Storm, and more, for quite some time. I'm a glutton for competition, and the idea of a team taking home a championship wearing a WFX banner, even in something new or small like Rocket League or Splatoon has a great appeal to me.

I love your drive and support, I'm happy rock my WFX t-shirt to help such an awesome org.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why would he record his TV on his phone when he can just do theater or highlight his stream?

I believe he was trying to upload the play to his Instagram but yeah - not sure why he didn't do a highlight lol 

Natalie Dormer though  :(

I'd be mad if it were Olivia Wilde. However, this is narrowly an acceptable swap.

Narrowly

Jaded is a permanent state for Halo fans who have been around for a while ;)  And, I may be mistaken, but I thought Kelby said he at least put in a good word for Halo to you Winterfox lot when other teams were looking for an org.

I really don't think the CURRENT structure of HCS is one that will really draw the attention of big orgs like TSM, Fnatic, or Dignitas though, because the top teams are already signed, and attempting to buy lower teams isn't worth it given the lack of opportunities for exposure / low viewership / low content output by pros outside of streaming (again, to low viewership).

A more consistent league would at least offer more exposure, but with spaced out tournaments and half-assed online tournaments with no central nexus of viewership (broadcast has been almost entirely done across player streams, and some players don't even stream to avoid any sort of potential DDoS risk, even if they are protected in some way, shape, or form.)

If the LoL team needs an analyst who can help with vision control (why must NA make me cry with the vast underwarding), item building (why must non-Remilia NA and non-Mithy EU supports make me cry with no Captain's enchants or proper Banner of Command valuation), and communication, I know a Diamond league LoL player / former top 500 beta player with FPS coaching experience who's been really hoping for a good chance in the LoL scene to prove his worth.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Spartan and Arkanum mesh well together, they're both militant in that they arent letting anything effect the way they work together. I see them save eachothers asses so much and its clicking really well. Im impressed.

1) ESL Pro League

2) Pro League end of season playoffs/champs

3) Smattering of "ESL ONE" like events

4) MLG Open Tourneys

5) World Championship for ~2mill (Open bracket)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I love you.

(Except Worlds should be Pro League + Open Qualifiers)

• Upvote (+1) 1