CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We will definitely put on a great show for Regionals at the MLG Arena. As to the stream hiccups, yeah its not the easiest to run an event in a tent on the side of a mountain, the audio situation was unfortunate but I'm glad we got it fixed quickly!

One of the best run Halo evens yet. High quality stream and production.

This maybe a silly question, but is there anyway to have an overlay of player stats (K/D) during the match. I know it maybe tough without a proper spectator mode. Would probably require a hamster madly updating a spreadsheet.

Ill take faster matches over mic listen-in qual every time.

x-games has been going amazingly so far. Very happy with this event.

My feedback is on the player cam's, not talking about the quality but actual positioning/framing. I guess they get moved around as different teams come and go between matches, but too many cam's weren't zoomed in at all so the player only took up a fraction of the picture. Apart from that it's been great.

My other feedback is for 343 on the Twitch channel side of things. The channel needs to loosen up the auto purges on caps and emotes. It's a channel being mainly used right now for competitive games. People are going to use caps. People are going to want to use a lot of emotes, whether its a team logo or a PogChamp during a ridiculous play. I would love to see the chat move so fast in clutch moments its impossible to keep up with; that's a good sign. Instead you get walls of messages deleted and people getting timed out for 10 minutes. It's like asking a crowd at a the superbowl to stay seated and not shout/cheer. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just I thought I'd seen the worst possible content in the history of Halo, I watch some idiot running around warzone getting single kills with a sword that makes you invisible.....

• Upvote (+1) 1

We will definitely put on a great show for Regionals at the MLG Arena. As to the stream hiccups, yeah its not the easiest to run an event in a tent on the side of a mountain, the audio situation was unfortunate but I'm glad we got it fixed quickly!

Also, I'm not sure if its you or the 343/HCS team who decides the downtime vids, but they need to go.

Warzone highlights, Forge features, Lore Recaps, anything that a Competitive Halo fan doesn't care about = BAD

Competitive/Jump Montages = Good

Breaking Down The Map (343) = Good

Microsoft Ads = Good

IIRC, Beyond's full library of montages is at your disposal. They are all high quality and feature competitive gameplay from the community. If this is not your domain, pass the message along to 343. 

Oh yeah and remove/lighten the restrictions on XanBot from the chat. You literally cannot post anything fun or hype worthy without being shut down. Small nuances that ruin the chatter/viewer experience.

• Upvote (+1) 6

@ Any chance you can give numbers from ESPN3/WatchESPN? Some guy on r/halo keeps saying they're hitting 85k+ viewers on there but never posts sources to substantiate his claims.

Also, I'm not sure if its you or the 343/HCS team who decides the downtime vids, but they need to go.

Warzone highlights, Forge features, Lore Recaps, anything that a Competitive Halo fan doesn't care about = BAD

Microsoft Ads = Good

IIRC, Beyond's full library of montages is at your disposal. They are all high quality and feature competitive gameplay from the community. If this is not your domain, pass the message along to 343. 

Oh yeah and remove/lighten the restrictions on XanBot from the chat. You literally cannot post anything fun or hype worthy without being shut down. Small nuances that ruin the chatter/viewer experience.

great post! these are all very important imo.

If two teams that have played each other in pool play match up in the finals, what happens? Is it just a best of 7, or does it become a continuation series?

@ we've been trying to get bo5s for group stages during regionals for a long time. Nothing really matters after group stages... is there any update you can give us about this?

Not my call, I'll check in with 343.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not my call, I'll check in with 343.

343 is saying they are checking in with you :/ :D

• Upvote (+1) 5

Microsoft Ads = Good

Unfortunately we don't have a ton of canned content yet to layer in outside of what 343 makes available to us. As funny as it sounds, commercials are sometimes appreciated for 10-15 hour broadcast days as we simply run out of content to run on breaks between gameplay/analysis/interviews.

Thaniks for the feedback, as our library of content swells this problem will be less glaring.

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 is saying they are checking in with you :/ :D

Then I'll guess I'll know more next week.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Then I'll guess I'll know more next week.

Sounds great, thanks for being here with us <3

• Upvote (+1) 2

Cratos looks like he could be a villain in a Disney movie.

LMFAO

How are we doing? Are you guys enjoying the tournament? Feels good to be back running Halo events :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the best run tournament since the series was last in your hands. Cannot thank y'all enough for providing such an enjoyable stream experience. 

LMFAO

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the best run tournament since the series was last in your hands. Cannot thank y'all enough for providing such an enjoyable stream experience. 

Wow thank you :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

If two teams that have played each other in pool play match up in the finals, what happens? Is it just a best of 7, or does it become a continuation series?

It is best of 7.  Continuation was always really dumb and I am glad they finally got rid of it.  It never made any sense.  It would be like watching the nfl playoffs and the teams played each other in the regular season and one team starts with a lead in the playoff game. 

This series between Allegiance and EG could end up being the best series of the tournament.

And I'm going to miss it because of work FmjHiey8_bigger.png

commercials are sometimes appreciated for 10-15 hour broadcast days as we simply run out of content to run on breaks between gameplay/analysis/interviews.

Analyst desk at Regionals/Worlds? ;)

Host + cycled 2-3 other seats of color commentators, top players/coaches talking about recaps and expectations of series/group outcomes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

MLG has always done it best. @ is the hardest person working, always has been. Love seeing his passion in the form of successful tournaments for everyone else to enjoy as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

This series between Allegiance and EG could end up being the best series of the tournament.

And I'm going to miss it because of work FmjHiey8_bigger.png

I'm on a flight and might miss the whole event... FeelsVeryBadMan. :(

• Upvote (+1) 3