CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I would love to have a Fantasy league game like Smite has. You can buy a season ticket ( in game currency or real money) and then trou  gh in game interface you can bet on the weekly matches. You can win fantasy points and when you reach certain milestones u get special items (skins, etc). Streams would get more viewers and it would spark more discussion I think.

you could always create one somehow.  people have friggin WWE fantasy leagues as ridiculous as that sounds.

Allegiance is a bit rough around the edges and I think that's why people think CLG would run over them. CLG is a bit cleaner. I don't know what's going to happen, but despite the fact that Allegiance didn't exactly dominate the way CLG has, their composure might be to their advantage. Quite a few of those games would have broke lesser teams, but Allegiance never really faltered. When Liquid was coming back on that Plaza slayer, Allegiance still controlled the pace. When Liquid had a size-able lead on Eden strongholds, Allegiance didn't really lose a step. All they needed was to find a hole in the set up and they found it. When Renegades was up 2-0 on that Fathom CTF game, same thing happened and they took advantage of a pretty bad mistake on Renegades part.

Granted, these are opponents not quite on CLG's level(at least not at this moment), but I find it hard to believe that Allegiance is just going to lay down and take a beating by CLG. It could happen. Maybe CLG is just way too good.

Of course, we're not there yet. Allegiance still has to go through EG and CLG through Renegades. It could end up a completely different finals. After Epsilon beat Renegades, there's no guarantees. Especially after these teams proved that one bad series doesn't have to define their entire tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would love to have a Fantasy league game like Smite has. You can buy a season ticket ( in game currency or real money) and then trough in game interface you can bet on the weekly matches. You can win fantasy points and when you reach certain milestones u get special items (skins, etc). Streams would get more viewers and it would spark more discussion I think.

I was talking to someone about this in work yesterday. Would be pretty cool to implement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just find it completely ironic that these same people bashing esports conviently forget that the baseball, basketball, football purists used to rail against the X games because a guy fucking about on a snowmobile or on a skateboard isn't an athlete and "those aren't sports".

This is exactly why eSports belongs at X Games.

• Upvote (+1) 3

you could always create one somehow. people have friggin WWE fantasy leagues as ridiculous as that sounds.

Yeah but having it in game and being rewarded with som special armors and skins could actually help to grow the game.

You could also grind the points by winning games in matchmaking. Another reason to play and win. I don't see this being a big investment for 343i. They should launch it together with pro league.

I just find it completely ironic that these same people bashing esports conviently forget that the baseball, basketball, football purists used to rail against the X games because a guy fucking about on a snowmobile or on a skateboard isn't an athlete and "those aren't sports".

It took that brand a long time to raise its status and now they're railing against esports.

Twats

As a skateboarder of roughly 20 years....FUCK THE X-GAMES and its corporate phony bullshit trying to act like an authority with my skateboarding.  They brought in gaming to bring viewers that they were losing through skateboarding etc.  The jock mentality has been growing in skateboarding/snowboarding because its full of privileged little fuck faces who never had to struggle.  

And tbh, snowboarding is for rich people.  Skateboarding is for the gutter.  So the people watching snowboarding are 90% chance of total kook status.

Lets put it this way, the only reason i've watched the x-games in the past decade was to watch video games.   :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yeah but having it in game and being rewarded with som special armors and skins could actually help to grow the game.

You could also grind the points by winning games in matchmaking. Another reason to play and win. I don't see this being a big investment for 343i. They should launch it together with pro league.

343 doesn't really need to do anything.  The only thing needed for a fantasy sports league for Halo would just be accurate stats.  If you get the stats needed, then you could honestly do it yourself.

And i wouldn't encourage it to be done with anything online.  Live events sure, but too much bs online for it to be worth it.

And as for skins and armor.....ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  That incentive with a fantasy sports league isn't going to help the game grow.  The game themselves help the fantasy leagues grow, not the other way around.

• Downvote (-1) 1

As a skateboarder of roughly 20 years....FUCK THE X-GAMES and its corporate phony bullshit trying to act like an authority with my skateboarding.  They brought in gaming to bring viewers that they were losing through skateboarding etc.  The jock mentality has been growing in skateboarding/snowboarding because its full of privileged little fuck faces who never had to struggle.  

And tbh, snowboarding is for rich people.  Skateboarding is for the gutter.  So the people watching snowboarding are 90% chance of total kook status.

Lets put it this way, the only reason i've watched the x-games in the past decade was to watch video games.   :simms:

xgames died after tony hit the 900

• Upvote (+1) 2

xgames died after tony hit the 900

Nah, thats when the xgames exploded.  xgames started to die down when The Dew Tour and Street League picked up steam.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am here to produce some morning HYPEEEEEEEEEEEE

Extra credit question: Which player went crazy undergoing an episode of psychosis?

• Upvote (+1) 4

343 doesn't really need to do anything. The only thing needed for a fantasy sports league for Halo would just be accurate stats. If you get the stats needed, then you could honestly do it yourself.

And i wouldn't encourage it to be done with anything online. Live events sure, but too much bs online for it to be worth it.

And as for skins and armor.....ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That incentive with a fantasy sports league isn't going to help the game grow. The game themselves help the fantasy leagues grow, not the other way around.

I didn't said they need to do it. But you can't argue it would be a nice little feature, especially for ppl interested in eSports scene. And ppl like to get rewarded you know.

Watching the Xgames with my son last night made me realize one simple advantage Halo has as an eSport. For a layman, it is very easy to understand Red vs Blue. The distinct colours make it very easy to watch and follow.

Now Halo just needs a decent Spectator Mode and we good to go.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't like promoting things but I've been doing this small show called "in The Booth" where I talk to the community about all topics but right now the focus is on X Games. You can find the audio on iTunes as well as Soundcloud and the VOD on my Twitch channel. Enjoy and let me know what you think. :D

https://soundcloud.com/intheboothshow/s2e2-who-will-win-x-games-and-our-hearts

http://www.twitch.tv/goldenboyftw/v/38565467

This is officially my new favorite thing to listen to. Thank you for posting it!

I would love to have a Fantasy league game like Smite has. You can buy a season ticket ( in game currency or real money) and then trough in game interface you can bet on the weekly matches. You can win fantasy points and when you reach certain milestones u get special items (skins, etc). Streams would get more viewers and it would spark more discussion I think.

The Lan Network (for those that remember that) used to have fantasy halo. On their website you could pick your team out of players who are at the lan. It was amazing and it is something I have dearly missed since TLN. Towey was really involved over there and would probably have a lot of great insight on all of it. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

If not that then the sticker betting on certain events like CS:GO do with maybe special weapon skins for the people who meet a certain criteria. Part of the money from sales of the bets can go to the teams too again like CS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We had CSGO on TV last year and people went crazy. Even one of our national cricket players was like "wtf is this doing on my TV?" Certain people will never come around to the idea that sports can reside alongside esports.

A lot of people just like watching top level competition and competition isn't restricted to sport. I'm sure a huge number of people on this site follow at least one team in a "traditional" sport. They just also like competition in video games too.

• Upvote (+1) 3