CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

aPG looks like he's about to have a nervous breakdown.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Even if all teams end up at 1-2, then it goes to winning percentage _amongst the tied teams_.

RNG:     4-3 (3-0 vs Liquid,   1-3 vs Epsilon)

Liquid:   3-3 (3-0 vs Epsilon, 0-3 vs RNG)

Epsilon: 3-4 (3-1 vs RNG,     0-3 vs Liquid)

So RNG advances.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even if all teams end up at 1-2, then it goes to winning percentage _amongst the tied teams_.

RNG:     4-3 (3-0 vs Liquid,   1-3 vs Epsilon)

Liquid:   3-3 (3-0 vs Epsilon, 0-3 vs RNG)

Epsilon: 3-4 (3-1 vs RNG,     0-3 vs Liquid)

So RNG advances.

Thanks

RNG didn't get 3-0d and should advance

What if they get swept by Allegiance. They got 3-0ed and liquid was able to take a game. Also liquid 3-0ed the team that beat them 3-1. There are no good rules for breaking the 3 way ties which is why when they happen it should just go to tiebreaker matches

Yep.

Sweeeeet.

They're gunna have to pick it up after that match against Epsilon though, I wonder what happened there...

What if they get swept by Allegiance. They got 3-0ed and liquid was able to take a game. Also liquid 3-0ed the team that beat them 3-1. There are no good rules for breaking the 3 way ties which is why when they happen it should just go to tiebreaker matches

I presume RNG go through because they beat Liquid.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I just figured there would be tiebreaker matches, but I guess it would be pretty time consuming to do it.

I presume RNG go through because they beat Liquid.

Yeah RNG will go through. My point is that the way of deciding they are going through is flawed. Overall record in this scenario (of RNG getting swept by allegiance) would be 

Liquid 4-6

RNG 4-6

Epsilon 3-7

But RNG is going through

I missed a few series but have we not seen Fathom CTF? I saw it as a game 4 in one series but the series ended in a 3-0. I think it would be nice for some variations from truth and coli

Yeah RNG will go through. My point is that the way of deciding they are going through is flawed. Overall record in this scenario (of RNG getting swept by allegiance) would be 

Liquid 4-6

RNG 4-6

Epsilon 3-7

But RNG is going through

seems that would be because RNG beat Liquid.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Liquid 4-6

RNG 4-6

Epsilon 3-7

But RNG is going through

If they just used overall game win percentage, you could have a scenario where two teams tied and the loser of their head-head matchup advanced. No bueno.

EDIT: Actually I don't think there's a way to get two-way ties for 2nd in this format, so I guess that's not a real risk. You could have a team take 2nd instead of 1st even though they wont the head-to-head, though that's less drastic.

Renegades auto advance because we 3-0'd Epsilon. Tiebreaker is win% among tied teams.

Renegades only team to take a game from the tied team that beat them.

If Renegades BEAT Allegiance, then they advance with a higher seed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Okay, mid observations:

I like Commonly. I have said before, he has flashes of brilliance. I have to say though, I think the best fourth would have been Stellur. Reason?

Commonly plays very fast and frantically. Dies a lot. He is a perfect match, ability, tempo and type of player for Renegades. 

Evil Geniuses are missing a Lethul clone. Stellur is not that but plays methodically and is a very good slayer. He has Lethul traits, without the Lethul personality.  

Just my observations, though. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Renegades auto advance because we 3-0'd Epsilon. Tiebreaker is win% among tied teams.

thanks tibs! tell liquid that was a great last series for them! I appreciate the sportsmanship of not laying down

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys, it's way too slow tonight

gyWRrGH.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8

I know Victory x can play good (but was the weak point in that epsilon match) but Ace played out of his mind. Drop Victory and pick up Ace?

I know there is roster lock and everything but that would be sick. one can dream

• Downvote (-1) 11

Congratulations to Team Liquid for picking up an impressive win at the X Games!  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Liquid 4-6

RNG 4-6

Epsilon 3-7

But RNG is going through

3 of Renegades losses would be against Allegiance in that scenario though.

The games which matter are the ones between the tied teams.

RNG went 4-3

Liquid went 3-3

Epsilon went 3-4

I know Victory x can play good (but was the weak point in that epsilon match) but Ace played out of his mind. Drop Victory and pick up Ace?

I know there is roster lock and everything but that would be sick. one can dream

Even if there was no roster lock that would never, ever, ever happen.