CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Now it's slowly being confirmed there's some kind of controller settings bug/glitch I feel vindicated  for saying there's always a technical issue at Halo events and 343 are embarrassing. SMD the 30 people who negged me. When have you ever seen one event without technical issue controversy? Seriously, name ONE.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 7

I would have been fine with a replay, but it just sounds like a cop out to me. Day 2 during the biggest match and it's the first time someone didn't have the right settings? :shrugs

Seeing as there was already a problem before game 3 then i think its safe to say it wasnt bullshit.

Now it's slowly being confirmed there's some kind of controller settings bug/glitch I feel vindicated  for saying there's always a technical issue at Halo events and 343 are embarrassing. SMD the 30 people who negged me. When have you ever seen one event without technical issue controversy? Seriously, name ONE.

Enjoy the neg.

I watch a lot of eSports. Literally I don't have cable TV or anything of that nature.

Technical issues come and go for eSports. No matter the eSport.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Idk what happened, none of us were in the booth. the ref was and made the decision.

Don't think the outcome would have changed tbh. If EG really did get screwed though they deserved a replay.

• Upvote (+1) 2

HOLY SHIT GUYS WE GOT A FORTUNE TELLER HERE

Bro they got spanked games 1 and 2.. Is it so hard to think that game 3 4 or 5 would be any different? They got outslayed pretty badly and weren't applying pressure on clg at all. In truth slayer lethal sat on carbine for a good 5 mins while they were trying to push out and pick up kills. Snakebite walked into the base they spawned at and picked up a double kill. They had no map presence and focused to much on trying to set up, and we're getting mowed down. Throughout the whole series I so no emotion on the faces of eg it's like watching Kobe play in his retirement tour, chucking up air balls and not showing any emotion just shrugging it off, putting up a lackluster performance.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Am I the only person disappointed that there are apparently only two real teams in the CLG/EG pool? Its honestly tempting to just close the stream when any game from the pool takes place outside of CLG vs EG. Wish those two spots could have gone to teams that actually had it together for this level of play

• Downvote (-1) 1

here's my take on game 3: so you mean to tell me this issue happens for 2 straight games and their down 2-0, and none of them think to tell the refs to double check the game before starting to play? EG should have never started playing to begin with. game 3 should have been delayed until the issue was sorted but once EG kept playing, they signed their own deathbed.

Enjoy the neg.

I watch a lot of eSports. Literally I don't have cable TV or anything of that nature.

Technical issues come and go for eSports. No matter the eSport.

Same here. I have never played LoL and DoTa or Sc2 but I watch them. I also watch CSGO and some fighter game tournys and have probably 5 hours total on both. I love eSports.

Halo is far and away the one littered with the most technical issues and network failures and such like. At some point it just becomes a systematic failure of the game developer and tournament organizers. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doesn't matter if EG would have still lost. Seeing inconsistencies in the rulings is very troubling. Everything needs to be strictly written down. There was no logical reason that CLG got a replay and EG didn't.

I think the real issue is not actually 343, but Microsoft and their very sub-standard "next gen" console. The Xbox One has many problems, not least the terrible UI and slow loading times, but hardware issues also. I think that's also the reason for the terrible aiming in Halo, the Xbox One Controller is quite awful.

The X1 isn't perfect but the controller is fucking fantastic. Not sure what you're talking about.

yep

Damn, I'm rooting for RNG but I can't see them beating Allegiance...
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The X1 isn't perfect but the controller is fucking fantastic. Not sure what you're talking about.

The X1 is far from fantastic. Mines essentially a book stand at this point and I LOVE xbox and Halo, my gamertag is 10 years old and I've genuinely got about 50,000 MM games logged over that time. I use my PS4 every day instead because it's simply on another level. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Is it still cool to hate Benson or can we finally admit he's actually not that bad and has just as few deficiencies as most of the casters?

For someone transitioning over from COD recently, he's doing a great job. Simms he is not, but he's around Goldenboy level.

Bro they got spanked games 1 and 2.. Is it so hard to think that game 3 4 or 5 would be any different? They got outslayed pretty badly and weren't applying pressure on clg at all. In truth slayer lethal sat on carbine for a good 5 mins while they were trying to push out and pick up kills. Snakebite walked into the base they spawned at and picked up a double kill. They had no map presence and focused to much on trying to set up, and we're getting mowed down. Throughout the whole series I so no emotion on the faces of eg it's like watching Kobe play in his retirement tour, chucking up air balls and not showing any emotion just shrugging it off, putting up a lackluster performance.

EG got spanked game 1 and 2? What? Game 1 was pretty weak but by no means a slaughter and game 2 was very close. Hell CLG got a replay so who knows how it would've ended the first time. But that game was still very close.

Is it still cool to hate Benson or can we finally admit he's actually not that bad and has just as few deficiencies as most of the casters?

No d00d its the cool thing to do to h8 on b3nson.

He is learning with each tournament and is much better now than he was.  He is pretty solid, guys.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The X1 is far from fantastic. Mines essentially a book stand at this point and I LOVE xbox and Halo, my gamertag is 10 years old and I've genuinely got about 50,000 MM games logged over that time. I use my PS4 every day instead because it's simply on another level. 

lol.. a book stand? really? Personal preference, I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the real issue is not actually 343, but Microsoft and their very sub-standard "next gen" console. The Xbox One has many problems, not least the terrible UI and slow loading times, but hardware issues also. I think that's also the reason for the terrible aiming in Halo, the Xbox One Controller is quite awful.

I might be biased because I have elite controller but I absolutely love Xbox One controller. Such a huge upgrade from 360 even tho 360 controller was excellent.
  • Upvote (+1) 2