CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Dont really see this team doing anything big honestly but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Surprised elamite isnt gonna compete again must like coaching.

We did pre-season 2 :)

He was who we originally asked before Brad.

Ah I stand corrected, thanks Austin!

If Formal doesn't come back I will legitimately cry. Nobodies playstyle is as fun to watch as his. Except maybe Snipedown when he goes off.

He said he was for sure coming back for one halo event when he was playing with heinz though.

EG... wanting Ace?

No?

Pretty sure EG offered Ace a spot before TJ after Ola broke his hand
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I don't expect much from this new Liquid roster, I dunno what it is but something about it just doesn't seem like it'd click. Perhaps it's the lack of a strong leader, or at least a strong vocal one. That always seemed like OpTic's main problem, a lack of focus and push from a really strong team leader.

A team doesn't need one strong leader to do well as a whole. All the players on EG take turns being vocal leaders, there's not just one guy speaking out. As for TL, Ace can be a very good vocal leader and isn't afraid to call players out when they make the wrong play. If you watched Requiem in H4, this was pretty apparent. I think this squad is capable of placing top 4 consistently, but it depends on if Ace can bring back the "H4 Ninja" who I thought was Top 10 player in that game.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

not surprised Ace ended up on Liquid. I called it when Elamite was announced as a coach of Liquid.

I am surprised for Chig and Mikwen. I think the denial roster from last season was better. Interested to see where Heinz+APG end up. 

I could see Heinz+APG+Maniac+Formal taking over the Optic team and maybe making Flamesword the coach.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A team doesn't need one strong leader to do well as a whole. All the players on EG take turns being vocal leaders, there's not just one guy speaking out. As for TL, Ace can be a very good vocal leader and isn't afraid to call players out when they make the wrong play. If you watched Requiem in H4, this was pretty apparent. I think this squad is capable of placing top 4 consistently, but it depends on if Ace can bring back the "H4 Ninja" who I thought was Top 10 player in that game.

I think/hope we see a Ninja that's as good as the H4 version.  H5 will play a lot more similarly to H4 than H2A, which I feel Ninja's playstyle will benefit from.  That being said, he still needs to learn obviously that he can't always be so aggressive.  There's a definite difference between playing pros and playing matchmaking.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure how people dont think this team will do well. Ninja and Mikwen were break out players during the Reach days and then onto Halo 4. They are sprint + ability players ultimately.

Ace is the Halo 4 global champ, his pedigree isnt to be doubted. And Chig is a beast full stop. Not saying they will win, but they will be a top team for sure.

The mixture is good. Mikwen snipes, Ninja is the run and gun guy who pushes . Chig and Ace are your all rounders. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

In a 'things didn't work out as planned scenario' where Formal and Enable can't play Halo because it conflicts with CoD, and then Flamesword decides to focus on Destiny, we could see:

Heinz-APG-Maniac-Assault as the new Optic Roster

• Upvote (+1) 1

Big upgrade for Ninja and Ace.

Downgrade for Chig/Mikwen IMO, but it's a solid squad.

Honestly Assault didn't seem very dedicated to H2A, and Flamesword is finding success in other eSports avenues so it is conceivable that OpTic will disband to make way for some roster of Maniac, Ola, Formal, Heinz, APG.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Big upgrade for Ninja and Ace.

Downgrade for Chig/Mikwen IMO, but it's a solid squad.

Honestly Assault didn't seem very dedicated to H2A, and Flamesword is finding success in other eSports avenues so it is conceivable that OpTic will disband to make way for some roster of Maniac, Ola, Formal, Heinz, APG.

I dont think its really an downgrade for Chig/Mikwen, since H5 is completely different game than H2A and I have a feeling that Ace & Ninja will be so much better in H5 than they were in H2A, especially Ninja

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ninja will not be in contention for a championship, something about his gameplay has made every team he was on the past 2 seasons worse. He made Noble Black worse, C9 and Liquid was nothing more then a 6-8th placing team. Sorry but these are facts, the only tournament ninja won was the h4 exhibition where he and his team cheated and flashed their xboxs to play the game early and an AGL event which we don't consider an actual event. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 24

This Liquid roster should do pretty well in H5 especially if Ninja and Ace play like they did in H4(not to say that they played bad in H2A). Every player on this team can absolutely destroy with snipe too.

Should be interesting to see if Optic just picks up one or if they sort of implode to make way for Formal/Heinz/APG/Ola or some combination.

Also, if Enable comes back I bet it'll be to CLG to team with Royal2/Sbite. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja will not be in contention for a championship, something about his gameplay has made every team he was on the past 2 seasons worse. He made Noble Black worse, C9 and Liquid was nothing more then a 6-8th placing team. Sorry but these are facts, the only tournament ninja won was the h4 exhibition where he and his team cheated and flashed their xboxs to play the game early and an AGL event which we don't consider an actual event. 

Cloud 9 placed 4,5,4,5 at lans in season 1.  I don't really see how that's a 6th-8th place team.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm a ninja fan and the only two tournaments that he won I didn't watch. So I guess I can't watch any halo 5 if I want him to win :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where in my post did I say this team can win events? I said they are capable of Top 4 consistently, similar to C9 success when Ola was on the team for H2A. You can choose to disregard AGL events if you want, but I won't ignore that event he won because the competition in that losers bracket run for H4 was no joke. Team Liquid will be a solid squad, anything greater all depends on Ninja's improvement as a 4v4 player, but the chances of that happening is slim.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1