CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why though?

With breakout removed what is the point of the sound proof booths? Halo moves in real time so really if the players hear the commentators it wouldn't make a huge deal. Really only scenario I could think if there is a standstill in a slayer game and someone making a flank, but really in the booth, players can look up and see the fan's faces (Which I know COD players do in those booths if someone trying a sneaky defuse).

For Call of Duty they have Search and Destroy so it makes sense. 

I personally don't see a point to them but again I may be incorrect here. Love to hear other inputs. 

Trash talk is against the rules lol

Does anyone else find it odd that they are still saying the prize pool is $2 million?

disney also owns Shantibody media, the largest producer of hardcore adult entertainment in america. yeah they don't do listen ins because of profanity but it's not bc of disney's moral standpoint rather them just trying to avoid FCC fines

Shantibody media isnt nearly as accessible to mainstream America as ESPN though. 

I also dont think of Disney as some pioneer in moral code of ethics, especially considering that Walt Disney alledgedly was cryogenically frozen with strict orders that he only become dethawed (lol) after all the Jews were gone.

disney also owns Shantibody media, the largest producer of hardcore adult entertainment in america. yeah they don't do listen ins because of profanity but it's not bc of disney's moral standpoint rather them just trying to avoid FCC fines

Close. There wouldn't be any FCC fines because it's a paid cable channel I believe. I think it's lore about image.

Don't expect listen ins, especially because it's being broadcast on ESPN. I don't think ESPN wants their viewers to hear "get raped" or other cursing.

I know you can tell them not to say anything but who knows what anybody will say in the heat of the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@anyone who can answer

I know in Denver the high altitude effects football players, does it have any effect on tourists/pro gamers?

Almost everyone looked exhausted, might have been mostly the jet lag

It's the jet lag for sure but high altitude can cause some certain people to have a hard time breathing especially if you're in the mountain since you're even higher. It can wear your body down little bit if you're consistently having a hard time breathing. You can get really bad headache from it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours and 22 mins.

Wow that check in and car ride lol 

Glad we're getting to see some of Aspen and the games

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know how NFL does like mic'd up that you can watch after the game? What if we got some listen-in replays between games?

Nobody liked the idea of listen-in highlights between games?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yesterday looked ugly for us.

But on the bright side, my mom's test results came back. Benign

That's really great news man I'm glad to hear that.

As far as TL goes well...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't expect listen ins, especially because it's being broadcast on ESPN. I don't think ESPN wants their viewers to hear "get raped" or other cursing.

I know you can tell them not to say anything but who knows what anybody will say in the heat of the moment.

All it would really take to alleviate that is a 7 second delay and a guy in a booth with a bleep button.

Nobody liked the idea of listen-in highlights between games?

Definitely not as hype as hearing it in the moment, but would def be down for hearing some hand-selected (probably censored) hype moments right after a series or something. Better than nothing for sure

• Upvote (+1) 1

All it would really take to alleviate that is a 7 second delay and a guy in a booth with a bleep button.

You're not wrong, I hope to have some, but I can see how they wouldn't want to take any risks.

Close. There wouldn't be any FCC fines because it's a paid cable channel I believe. I think it's lore about image.

I know the FCC cracks down on profanity on basic cable and network programming before 10pm but I'm not sure if those rules apply to web streaming services or not. either way I doubt espn wants to air the things that you usually hear during listen ins

Does anyone else find it odd that they are still saying the prize pool is $2 million?

If they do end up keeping it around $2M, I would guess they're saving some of that prize pool to fund the post HWC activities like the pro league and maybe some things we don't know about.