CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I disagree. These types of things (the comment and savagery of Commonlys quote) are what build interesting story lines that will keep people invested.

I love it.

I completely agree with what you are saying. Wasn't sure about context originally, but I think trash talking (to an extent) makes fans and competitors much more engaged.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont think the European teams are quite well rounded enough to challenge the non-Dream Team NA rosters, and it certainly cant be easy making the VERY long flight to Colorado (jet lag) and playing in a completely unfamiliar altitude. It reminds me of a west coast team having to play an east coast team at 1:00 pm (10:00 am pacific time) in the NFL. the circadian rhythm is real folks.

not to mention the elevation causing people to suck air

cratos is from colorado and he said even he's being affected by the elevation 

the matches would be closer if the NA pros went to europe 

The one fault from yesterday's broadcast is there was no listen-in when Spartan gave Ace the coin-purse. Hoping for some listen-ins soon!

Was actually thinking about this, do you think there might not be listen-ins because its being broadcast on ESPN online? Could be a lot of words said that ESPN might not approve of (especially when they are said so clearly)

The one fault from yesterday's broadcast is there was no listen-in when Spartan gave Ace the coin-purse. Hoping for some listen-ins soon!

Was actually thinking about this, do you think there might not be listen-ins because its being broadcast on ESPN online? Could be a lot of words said that ESPN might not approve of (especially when they are said so clearly)

This is 10000% the reason for no listen ins. ESPN is a Disney company, there is ZERO chance that they allow listen ins because of that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know how NFL does like mic'd up that you can watch after the game? What if we got some listen-in replays between games?

Well hopefully we have listen ins for the Regionals.

not to mention the elevation causing people to suck air

cratos is from colorado and he said even he's being affected by the elevation 

the matches would be closer if the NA pros went to europe 

I agree, at least in Epsilons case. That German team though  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Remove sound proof booths and give us listin in's plz. We have so many rivalries right now and cant hear any trash talk.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm so hype for these games today.  EG vs CLG is going to be insane.  CLG is hyper aggressive with the added lazer focu$ of Lethul.  Renegades looked really good yesterday, and I think allegiance is going to make some noise today as well.  HALO HALO HALO WOO

Really excited to see this RNG vs Allegiance match and CLG vs EG match. 

I'm also interested in seeing how well Epsilon does against Liquid. I can see that being a close match with how good epsilon was playing yesterday.

Let him know Spartan.... Let him know...

More epic T-bags to come today hopefully! REALLY excited to play allegiance and even MOOOORE excited for this EG vs CLG matchup today it should be absolutely legendary.

Will you be robbing children of their candy today?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hope we get a CLG listen in when they face EG.  

I have to hear :lxthul: 's disgusting voice.

Remove sound proof booths and give us listin in's plz. We have so many rivalries right now and cant hear any trash talk.

The sound proof booth isnt going anywhere. CoD has had them for far too long.

This is 10000% the reason for no listen ins. ESPN is a Disney company, there is ZERO chance that they allow listen ins because of that. 

We didn't have listen ins at Gfinity when we could have, I'm not entirely convinced that's the reason

Current Group A:

- Allegiance 1-0

- Renegades 1-0

- Liquid 0-1

- Epsilon 0-1

If the matches play out like this today:

- Renegades > Epsilon

- Liquid > Allegiance

- Epsilon > Liquid

- Renegades > Allegiance

The standings would look like this:

- Renegades 3-0

- Liquid 1-2

- Allegiance 1-2

- Epsilon 1-2

What happens then?

I know this is an unlikely scenario, but in the small chance it does happen, I'm wondering if there's some tiebreaker in place.

*Edit* a Tie could also happen like this:

- Renegades > Epsilon

- Liquid > Allegiance

- Liquid > Epsilon

- Allegiance > Renegades

Then the standings would be:

- Renegades 2-1

- Liquid 2-1

- Allegiance 2-1

- Epsilon 0-3

Liquid might go 0-3. Ace really regretting his choices imo apg lookin like a nervous school boy. That sucide rocket was really something!

:flames: :prayers::simms:

Thank you @

This is so hype, im just gonna stay home and play halo all day.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Let him know Spartan.... Let him know...

More epic T-bags to come today hopefully! REALLY excited to play allegiance and even MOOOORE excited for this EG vs CLG matchup today it should be absolutely legendary.

wCqmYhY.png

Does anyone have a link for the tournament schedule? Does the tournament run through Saturday?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hope we get a CLG listen in when they face EG.  

I have to hear :lxthul: 's disgusting voice.

I just hope people dont get upset when there arent listen ins. Like I said before, ESPN is a Disney company and for that alone I cant see listen ins happening because of the CHANCE there may be some "rape" or "fuck you" or whatever thrown around. 

Also, they have to cater this to the casuals or the unfamiliar, not the hardcore fan who loves a listen in. When I watch streams and my girlfriend is sitting next to me (not giving a shit lol) she will often look up and ask me if I can mute the TV because to her it just sounds like 4 guys talking over each other (this is the same chick who watches fucking Maury and ALL those hillbillies do is talk over one another). 

I thought it went well yesterday even without listen ins, though of course I am 100% on board with them. No need to fix whats not broken IMO.

Now at regionals and worlds, there better be listen ins.

disney also owns Shantibody media, the largest producer of hardcore adult entertainment in america. yeah they don't do listen ins because of profanity but it's not bc of disney's moral standpoint rather them just trying to avoid FCC fines

• Upvote (+1) 3

The sound proof booth isnt going anywhere. CoD has had them for far too long.

Why though?

With breakout removed what is the point of the sound proof booths? Halo moves in real time so really if the players hear the commentators it wouldn't make a huge deal. Really only scenario I could think if there is a standstill in a slayer game and someone making a flank, but really in the booth, players can look up and see the fan's faces (Which I know COD players do in those booths if someone trying a sneaky defuse).

For Call of Duty they have Search and Destroy so it makes sense. 

I personally don't see a point to them but again I may be incorrect here. Love to hear other inputs.