CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I highly doubt 343i is competent enough to enable LAN at this point...

Lmao I hope I'm not the only one who gets this.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This has been bothering me. Can anyone pls explain, how can cod have system link and Halo not ? Idk how system link works in cod, but they have been running lans on Xbone since Ghosts, and i am not aware of any diconnection problems.

This has been bothering me. Can anyone pls explain, how ca cod can have system link and Halo not ? Idk how system link works in cod, but they have been running lans on Xbone since Ghosts, and i am not aware of any diconnection problems.

Actually CoD doesn't have true LAN either they still have to be connected to live. It is still a local game though. Everyone is on same connection so no lag. Cod just has had games with stable lobbies. The lobbies in MCC are not stable

• Upvote (+1) 1

Earlier yesterday Ninja said his team is going to be revealed today. ninja + chigwen confirmed  :intel:

A bunch of pros aren't flying out to PAX for no reason.

Halo pros literally have no reason to be at PAX unless something Halo related is going on.

Ninja said he's working in the Hyper X booth so.....

Ninja said he's working in the Hyper X booth so.....

He is flying from Illinois or wherever he lives to Seattle to work.. at the.. Hyper X booth?..

I mean... okay.

He is flying from Illinois or wherever he lives to Seattle to work.. at the.. Hyper X booth?..

I mean... okay.

Hmm.. looks like Saucey is RC's 4th. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Spartan Valen Russo and ? Ok.

is siege lady siegecorn? who spartan teamed with back in h4/reach??? he could be that fourth.....

From what I'm aware LAN won't be fixed until The windows 10 update comes to xbox one

Unlikely Spartan would team with players that arent currently top 8 team players. Valen is also working for MLG so it is unlikely that he would be allowed to participate.

This has been bothering me. Can anyone pls explain, how ca cod can have system link and Halo not ? Idk how system link works in cod, but they have been running lans on Xbone since Ghosts, and i am not aware of any diconnection problems.

As I understand it there is no peer to peer hosting at all in H5.  That means it needs a connection to xbox live for their azure servers to act as the dedicated server.  I expect that it does not even include code to run lan p2p games at all.  This is great for the average home gamer and bad for the golden modems among us who pull host all the time.

MCC has (ahem) dedicated servers but falls back to p2p if that (ahem) fails.  That is why it has lan ability as far as I understand.  

Lack of p2p could be bad for H5 lan competitions that don't have a good connection or have too high a ping from the closest azure node.  

I remember reading that 343 might provide a server of some kind to lan events ... but fear that was speculation.  I can't remember the source.  

Thanks for all the postings and info guys.  I love pro halo and without you I'd be hurting for info.

CLG dudes will be there for Razer's booth. So Ninja going fora sponsor doesn't seem totally crazy. Sponsors bringing in players for a game that wil be playable at PAX.

With no Forge reveal, my highest hope for PAX is to see high def footage of a single 2gre tear as he's forced to play Warzone and pretend to be enjoying it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He's one of the few Halo pro players legit grinding YouTube right now, and the fact he's not focusing solely on Halo with that content is a super smart investment into his future. Can't knock the hustle. 

I know, but right now he's not making that much through youtube and he already said that he might change to COD when BO3 comes out (Idk why since its fucking horrible)

• Downvote (-1) 1

I know, but right now he's not making that much through youtube and he already said that he might change to COD when BO3 comes out (Idk why since its fucking horrible)

I have played the beta and it feels like a less version of AW.  Pros are hyping the game like they do every year and 6 months after launch, they will be talking shit about how bad the game is.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have played the beta and it feels like a less version of AW.  Pros are hyping the game like they do every year and 6 months after launch, they will be talking shit about how bad the game is.

It's fun for a second, but the fast KT and fast movement just makes it really boring and annoying