CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just noticed Towey mentioning in that video that Og2 texted him immediately after he was dropped by CLG ... feels bad man

You guys are discussing business and finances (something I am well acquainted with) and it's just funny that mentioning 2 mil is a valid reason for leaving Ogre 2 hanging. I am pro capitalism and wealth acquisition, but we don't have to be assholes or disrespectful about it.

They could have easily given Ogre 2 a week heads up and everyone would have moved on. Dropping him 3 days before a roster lock is just an asshole move by the organization.

Now this is my kind of capitalist - he'e clearly all about the $$$ but he doesn't strike me as the type to sell swamp land in Florida to gullible tourists to do it..... nor, does he sound like they type to run a company that dumps toxic waste into clean rivers to save $$$ on waste disposal..... nor, the type to sell junk stocks to retired people in order to steal their life savings.  Dude has a code of ethics determined by his personal set of morals.  And that's the way business should be run, in my opinion.  However, if you look around, it's obviously not everyone thinks that way.  In fact, I doublt it's even a majority.  Sure wish it was, though.   Thanks for the post.  There's been a lot of bad feelings (#feelsbadman) b/c of people shrugging off ethics in the name of $$$.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Towey and lunchbox are wearing t-shirt and shorts on a flight to Aspen.... Do they not realize how cold Colorado can get in January? Especially Aspen? Lmao

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've made it to Aspen!

Since it hasn't been announced yet, I'll be Liquid's stopwatch for XGames, due to a miscommunication between Elamite and MLG (he is casting the event and they wouldn't let him do both).

I'm excited to be here, but the timing sucks because my mom just had surgery yesterday to remove what CT scans said was a benign, congenital cyst...but upon removing it they are almost certain it was actually a malignant growth, and it became a major surgery instead, including the removal of her appendix.

So, hoping I can bring home a gold medal to my mom for when she gets out of the hospital in a few days.

Liquid at the Winter XGames are gonna be solid for you guys!

Goodluck to your Mom & Team Liquid!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Idk how many times I have to say that the offer I got and was contemplating, which eventually led to me joining, was 1.5-2 days before the official decision. The fact anyone even suggests believing otherwise when I've said it multiple times is annoying. So yea they could have given him 4-5 days of notice if they said "hey we offered lethul and who tf knows if anything is gonna happen but if he doesn't join hey you're still on the team!"

Don't try to use logic with these people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn that Towey just got me hyped for X Games. It's been a while since I've had that feeling for a Halo event - I can't wait for the matches to begin. 

I assume this event is a closed server / casted using capture cards right? 

Its not an asshole move its a business decision and anyone who sees it as anything else is letting their emotions cloud their judgement.

Doesnt the majority of the forum believe that 2gre landed on his feet with NV? I mean that is what I am reading daily, so I am not sure why this is such an issue? 

3 freaking days or 72 hours is PLENTY of time to pull yourself together, dust yourself off and move on. 

Too much emotion and not enough logic in some of these posts IMO.

Normally id agree but whether you like him or not, Ogre 2 was on the team that earned a trip to X Games and 2/3rd seed at regionals depending on the outcome of how this past qualifier went. And you talk about logic. Wheres the logic in leaving arguably the best team for a roster thats uncertain? There wasnt any logic in Lxthul's or CLG's move imo seeing as both EG with Lxthul and CLG with Ogre 2 had won an online qualifier. Lxthul said he had an opportunity to play with his friends and he took it. Regardless of the results, Lxthul used emotions and not logic when he left EG. And Ogre 2 got fucked in the end.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know that I have a strong opinion on the matter, and I'm NOT saying anyone did behave like an asshole because I have no idea what exactly went down. 

But let's be clear... calling something a "business decision" doesn't mean you're automatically allowed to be an asshole.

You can make a great business decision while being a huge asshole, and you can be a really nice guy that makes an awful business decision. Adversely, you can make an awful business decision while being a huge asshole, and you can be a really nice guy that makes a great business decision. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder where'd we be right now if EG got that last single kill against Allegiance two cups ago...

• Upvote (+1) 7

Soooooo it's the wife's 30th this weekend and we're meant to go to a friends cottage tomorrow for a couple of days. What do you think her reaction would be if I pretended to be sick so I can watch x-games?  :simms:

That's one of those things women NEVER let you forget.  EVER!!!   Careful, bro.  Staying would be awesome but you're basically handing your wife ammunition for the future.  I say, bite the bullet and go away for the weekend.  Watch Xgames on Youtube or something.   Feel for ya'

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now this is my kind of capitalist - he'e clearly all about the $$$ but he doesn't strike me as the type to sell swamp land in Florida to gullible tourists to do it..... nor, does he sound like they type to run a company that dumps toxic waste into clean rivers to save $$$ on waste disposal..... nor, the type to sell junk stocks to retired people in order to steal their life savings.  Dude has a code of ethics determined by his personal set of morals.  And that's the way business should be run, in my opinion.  However, if you look around, it's obviously not everyone thinks that way.  In fact, I doublt it's even a majority.  Sure wish it was, though.   Thanks for the post.  There's been a lot of bad feelings (#feelsbadman) b/c of people shrugging off ethics in the name of $$$.  

Thanks, I never believed in making money through "blood." Of course, the world is not perfect, but I try to be a decent human being to others.

I have a question.

If X-Games/Regionals are on closed servers, will sites like HaloTracker and Halo5Arena still pick up the games?

Im still having war-style flashbacks to Roy telling everybody to push.

What did you think EG stood for? 

" EVERYONE GO"

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6