CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Anyone else pissed off that Empire CTF is out? Now we only have 3 maps for CTF in the rotation, compared to 4 for Strongholds, and 6 for Slayer.

And Empire CTF wasn't BAD like Empire TS... whyyyyyyyyyyy @@Mikwen @@Diesel

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Great idea, love it. Lets try this again!

Consider some cheap Dsl camera. Videos can look very profesionál that way (depth of field especially is very nice with this kind of videos).

I saw a homeless guy pulling a hat that looks exactly like that out of a trashcan this morning...

And now a trashcan is wearing one again.. Kappa

Am I a bad father if I deprive my 2 year old from using our living room television so that I can watch Halo @ X-Games all weekend?

It could be an educational opportunity to teach my kid how to play Halo right?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Will Halo actually be on ESPN TV though?

Highlights of the event will be on tv, not the actual live event however

• Upvote (+1) 1

Correct ^ However it will be streamed on ESPN 3 online. So viewership will be interesting.

I didn't see this posted yet. #soon

Good news, an optimal spectator mode be something like CoD where the spectator is another person in the lobby

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because there are two other matches that need gametypes.

eca10dd1f2.png

Regardless, even if it's not perfect, a few days ago we thought they'd be best of 3s with Breakout. This is HUGE improvement. Can only hope regionals and HWC follow suit.

I feel like this should be +1 a bit more. Like... we got Bo5, this could set the standard for Regionals. If the higher ups think we are bitching.. we might not get it.

Do I have to have a subscription to watch Halo?

Probably have to have a cable package with ESPN on it or have the login account info of someone that does. For me, I have provide my TWC login info to enable everything on Watch ESPN. 

Edit: that's just to watch it on watchESPN, you can watch it free at twitch.tv/halo

I feel like this should be +1 a bit more. Like... we got Bo5, this could set the standard for Regionals. If the higher ups think we are bitching.. we might not get it.

BO11 double elim w/ BO21 finals or garbage

• Upvote (+1) 3

isn't halo's twitch channel also broadcasting it?

Man, that All-Star voting is going to make for a pretty boring game.

Wish some lesser known players/EU players could have made it in the voting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alright. I'm finally caught up and I'm pretty content with the amount of the word content I've read. So you've got me a bit hyped/motivated:

Perhaps I'll stick to a stream schedule, try and upload something every other day (or at least weekly), and then do some vlogs here and there from my perspective. I was thinking maybe like a roadtrip vlog to regionals, while at regionals, etc. My only concern is the design aspect. I can record and upload, maybe even through some music on the track, but I'm not good at the whole making fancy transitions and designs piece. (I also can't figure out how to not get my shit muted when I use music).

I get that I'm not really a pro player, but I mean, someone might still want to see what is going on in regards to OverDrive, Regionals, or even my personal perspective, considering we're in the Top 15. Then again... It is 10:00am and I'm at work so anything sounds better then working.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hey guys here's a video I made explaining the recent events with OpTic Halo.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Joo1eckb0Zk&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for this! I didn't know it was Envy who asked you to join. Mikwen, you so shade!  B)

Anyway, I feel for you. I had a feeling that Cloud and Hysteria didn't want to join. Really put you in a tough spot. Anyone that knows your history in Halo would know just how hard it was and that showed in the video as well. Hopefully all the Optic fans still show you support. Remember that you never know what the future will hold. This is one big tournament, but there will be more to come and teams will certainly change further we go into H5 and whenever we move into H6.

While I REALLY want to see Chig compete (love you Chig!), I could see him being on pro team or something. He is such a professional dude and he seems to get along with everyone. Great personality, level headed, smart.

Only reason I wouldn't want to see him join pro team is because I feel like we wouldn't see him as much anymore. Maybe he could be on pro team and part of the community team as well. I just think Chig is one of the BEST people to put out there to promote.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I hope Proxima posts his prox scores, last time he posted them and we were low on the list we started actually performing well.  :kappa:

Hah!!! I'll have something up today but dude, since you guys arent at X-Games, this set of PROX scores wont feature you guys. Sorry man. I am sticking strictly to the X-Games teams.

Also, just to throw this out there, the team that you were on when the initial scores were dropped, was a better team than the one you're currently on. 

But prove me wrong good sir.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5