CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

As troll as this sounds when Halo 5 first came out It felt extremely sluggish. I played it at a friends house and it felt normal. I ended talking to my local gamestop and they said that the the hdmi cord that came with the xbox one when it came out was not compatible with Halo 5 in some cases and they had heard several cases of this. Sure enough I changed hdmi cords and it felt normal. Was wondering if anyone else has had a situation like this or if this even has any merit to it?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Any chance there will be random drug testing for #LaserFocus?

I just want the drama

there waiting till regionals to drug test, calm will be the first one in selected for their random drug test protocol. kappa

As troll as this sounds when Halo 5 first came out It felt extremely sluggish. I played it at a friends house and it felt normal. I ended talking to my local gamestop and they said that the the hdmi cord that came with the xbox one when it came out was not compatible with Halo 5 in some cases and they had heard several cases of this. Sure enough I changed hdmi cords and it felt normal. Was wondering if anyone else has had a situation like this or if this even has any merit to it?

Nah, you got the placebo effect buddy. Go play any game on MCC then try Halo 5 again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nice to see NASA making a return  :bman:.

Also https://www.youtube.com/user/SVNaded/about Naded made his youtube account 10 years ago. O what could have been.. H2 with Dazzle gameplay. etc. 

For a little bit during H4, Naded was uploading daily vlogs and they were absolutely amazing. I think he had close to 30-40 of them. https://www.youtube.com/user/NadedVLOGS was the channel he used, as you can tell he made them all private/unlisted. If he had kept at it, he would have really taken off and became our Nadeshot. Unfortunately, the time nd effort he was putting into them wasn't worth the return and I completely understand why he stopped but there is something I heard Hecz say a very long time ago in regards to this. it was somehting along the lines of "In the beginning its gonna suck seeing all your hard work and getting minimal returns but if you just stick with it, the return will be far greater than you expect.".

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"For teams competing at X Games, which does not impact Halo World Championship standings in any way, we need to be respectful of the recent practice time put into the game type as well as how soon the tournament is, and as such we will be working with team captains before making a final decision on the inclusion at this weekend's X Games event. "  

• Upvote (+1) 1

"For teams competing at X Games, which does not impact Halo World Championship standings in any way, we need to be respectful of the recent practice time put into the game type as well as how soon the tournament is, and as such we will be working with team captains before making a final decision on the inclusion at this weekend's X Games event. "

Fair enough, I was talking bullshit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Needs more Strongholds.

Why is game 5 a Rig slayer? Rig strongholds is so, so much better.

Because there are two other matches that need gametypes.

eca10dd1f2.png

Regardless, even if it's not perfect, a few days ago we thought they'd be best of 3s with Breakout. This is HUGE improvement. Can only hope regionals and HWC follow suit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That @@Towey video was brilliant, shared it with a couple of people I play Halo 5 with that dont really follow the competitive scene and they seem pretty interested in watching X-Games now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

eca10dd1f2.png

Regardless, even if it's not perfect, a few days ago we thought they'd be best of 3s with Breakout. This is HUGE improvement. Can only hope regionals and HWC follow suit.

Eh, they're repeating other gametypes. I'd rather see Rig strongholds twice times than Rig Slayer.

Any team that has a org behind them should have a org halo twitch channel where they allow the coach to spectate and rotate between the teams players explaining to the viewers about the things going on in-game. this will allow new viewers understand the callouts and watch multiple povs while also allowing them to watch the game in a more sports kind of way.

you mean commentate live games? coaches are usually busy while the games are going on... definitely too busy to commentate 

This is something I was interested in doing, but the only problem is a lot of teams don't want their strategies to be revealed too easily. Whoever attempts anything like this has to be extremely careful with what they say, especially if they are associated with that org.

Eh, they're repeating other gametypes. Is rather see Rig twice times than Rig Slayer.

You'll like the bracket gametypes then.

eca10dd1f2.png

I think bo3 would have been better with the limited game types. 1 slayer 1 strongholds and 1 ctf.... this repeating maps and game types is rather boring.... I rather not watch teams play 2 of the same map in a bo5 even though the game types are different... At least when breakout was in the format it was refreshing to watch even though it sucks. Bo3 gives off a more urgent need to play your best in 2 of 3 games instead of losing 1 and having a safety net of 2 games.

• Downvote (-1) 17

0cUfCiS.png

Did Nadeshot ever play Halo competitvely? I only know him through Optic Gaming where he's a CoD guy.

And Summit's love of Halo is awesome. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

0cUfCiS.png

Did Nadeshot ever play Halo competitvely? I only know him through Optic Gaming where he's a CoD guy.

And Summit's love of Halo is awesome. 

He and Optic played Halo 4 at the Dallas 2012 event, but that was only because they were already there for COD. Don't think he ever competed outside of that event.