CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I could say so much about this topic. But honestly it doesn't accomplish anything now. We need to look forward not back. Hindsight is 20/20. Halo 5 IMO is a very fun to watch eSport and if it just added gametypes like hill and ball it would be gravy. I respect Hecz for what he has done. I think his points on Halo are rather simplistic and "old news". It isn't really surprising though consider his more limited knowledge of the Halo scene and his background in "content". This is stuff people were saying back in Reach and through H4. I rather see him focus more on where we are today and the next steps forward, not looking back retrospectively.

The biggest issue I have with what he said was in reference to developer/publisher support and doing it yourself. It sounds great and all, but TODAY I don't think that is really an option if you want to compete in this space in any real way. I'd love to hear anyone who genuinely disagrees with this point I made earlier, just so I can get a look at it from another viewpoint.

Also, I find it funny when he talks about the role of developers/publishers/etc. Consider the eSports scene as it exists TODAY. Some of the names that come to everyone's minds are CS:GO, LoL, Dota, Smite, Hearthstone, CoD (and so on). I feel safe in saying that ALL of those games are getting huge support and backing from the Devs/Publishers; Valve, Riot, Hi-Rez, Blizzard, Activision, and so on. Activision is making big moves in their role in eSports as well. So I find it strange to hear anyone say that TODAY, with how the market is, that you can have a successful eSport title without strong dev/publisher support. Games like Smash and the collection of Fighting games make it work to a degree, but honestly they aren't much better then what Halo and Gears have going on right now IMO.

I think everyone is right about what Hecs said.

Yes the scene can grow from content. Yes the scene needs a good game/developer support.

A combination of both is what is needed and I don't think the pro players are really helping their cause right now, which is the only part of this they have direct control of. After the watching the video I felt like he was trying to say that if you aren't putting out content and promoting the scene, you can't be upset if it doesn't last.

The more I watch Hecs, the more I like him. He is a great face for that organization and CoD.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hecz's video was really really good, and I agree that we need more Halo content overall.

Just a reminder though - it's on you guys to watch it. There's nothing more disheartening than spending 10+ hours editing a video, to see it get less than 1000 hits. I often contemplate how valuable it actually is to produce Halo content because a.) the community is small to begin with, and b.) you guys really only seem to care about OpTiC and @@Ninja (obviously a gross generalization made to prove a point. I super appreciate all the support that this forum in particular shows to WFX) :)

@@RyaNoob has uploaded dozens of videos over the last few months, and yeah, while it's mostly just gameplay stuff, it's still content. His most recent set goes really in-depth about stuff that Domey can do better and what he's already doing well. Aspiring pros and fans of smart gameplay alike should dive into that madness: https://www.youtube.com/user/areallygoodnoob/videos

Ryans vids are great but little advice he needs proper thumbnails and less generic titles for his vids.

Naming them breakdown #1,#2,#3 etc isnt helping his content. Short description of what the breakdown about in the title helps

• Upvote (+1) 2

Got a video? Was this an accidental betrayal or did it look like it was on purpose?

It was on purpose.  I think he was looking for the over and couldn't find anybody so he took a shot at his teammate maybe sitting top blue on Lockout.  Way too funny.  Want to say Goldenboy had a good reaction about the whole play as well.

If somebody remembers the link let us know.

Edit:  ^^^^^^^  goat @Tubmas  :walshy:

Hecs is right about everything he said. In my personal opinion, after Halo 3... the Halos that followed were just unbearable to watch and play. Even from a competitive standpoint, the games just looked horrible and they weren't fun to watch whatsoever so I can't imagine a casual viewer even wanting to watch. I found myself watching BO2 and AW when I had no idea what was going on in the game. I literally was only watching it because the game seemed more entertaining. Now in H5, the game is actually really enjoyable to watch and play. I'm pretty sure the viewership has increased after each online qualifier so that is only a sign of good things to come.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Best to look forward but it's always good to avoid the mistakes of days past.

Halo is in a good place right now and I have so much faith in all of this moving forward.

:D

Yo :wutface: , hit us with those crispy X-Games predictions.

Who you got Top 4, Top 2, Champion??!?!?!

Heinz, Snipedown, Royal2, Roy, Lunchbox, Lethul, Naded and Ninja. A combination of the best and my all time favorites. Ace, Spartan, Snakebite, VictoryX, Prototype and APG come very close ofc.

Speaking on content, I think all of us should be making content. We cant throw this all on the pros. Forge people should be making content. BTB people should be making content. Have a real good overkill? then upload it.

The more content the better. We need a large variety of it. Funny videos, pro content, forge content, commentary's, even just video talking about updates etc.

This is a perfect time for everyone to start. I for one will be starting soon.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Speaking on content, I think all of us should be making content. We cant throw this all on the pros. Forge people should be making content. BTB people should be making content. Have a real good overkill? then upload it.

The more content the better. We need a large variety of it. Funny videos, pro content, forge content, commentary's, even just video talking about updates etc.

This is a perfect time for everyone to start. I for one will be starting soon.

COUGH twitch.tv/batchford COUGH

I stream Halo every day. All follows are appreciated, trying to hit 1K as a milestone.

• Upvote (+1) 6

My top teams right now.

1.CLG - Looking like the strongest team right now and I trust they will show up.

2.EG - They have given CLG the best games since the team changes, also think they will show up well.

3/4. AE - They have looked good online, not sure what we will get at the event.

3/4. Renegades - Also looked good online, I don't think they have the making of a championship team, yet.

5. NV - I thought they actually looked pretty good last night against CLG and trust they will show up well on lan, could push for top 4.

6. Liquid - I think they will come to play, they just aren't top 4 material.

7/8. A lot of the remaining teams I think can get hot and get top 8.

Anyone want talk me into or out of a team doing well?

EDIT: Well this is embarrassing. Maybe ill just say who I think are the top teams right now? Not necessarily X-Games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My prediction for X-Games.

1.CLG - Looking like the strongest team right now and I trust they will show up.

2.EG - They have given CLG the best games since the team changes, also think they will show up well.

3/4. Renegades - Also looked good online, I don't think they have the making of a championship team, yet.

5. NV - I thought they actually looked pretty good last night against CLG and trust they will show up well on lan, could push for top 4.

nV not going to xgames!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

COUGH twitch.tv/batchford COUGH

I stream Halo every day. All follows are appreciated, trying to hit 1K as a milestone.

Batchford, we're talking about PRO content

Stay out of this you scrub lord :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

My prediction for X-Games.

Bruh. There's only eight teams and nV isn't one of them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Batchford, we're talking about PRO content

Stay out of this you scrub lord :kappa:

He was talking about content in general. I have been on that grind too you know.

• Upvote (+1) 2

nV not going to xgames!!

Bruh. There's only eight teams and nV isn't one of them.

Yeah, wasn't thinking. I guess if everyone was going to a lan tourney this weekend, that is how I would rank them. 

OT: How would you guys rank teams right now?

Hecz'z is right on about creating content and getting the stories of the scene out in the open. Its why we created HCS Now. The team changes and drama stories that happen in the community go unnoticed unless you read this one thread everyday. If I was tuning into the Xgames and seeing Halo esports for the first time I would have no clue what makes a match up like EG vs CLG so interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 3