CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Streaming is another good platform to continue making a living. Of course winning Worlds would be a pretty insane amount of money all at once but for someone like Ninja especially he's still most certainly going to be making a liveable income from streaming. I'm not sure how viable it is "long term" but from what I can tell not getting that prize money wouldn't destroy his livelihood.

That rise in the popularity of streaming has been amazing to see, and I'm glad Halo players can be a part of it.

(I used Ninja as an example because last time I checked he was the most popular Halo streamer, this may have changed and I'm sure there are others by now but he seemed like a good pick)

Ninja was a good pick just because he's really the only popular Halo streamer to build his brand by himself from the ground up. I think players like Snipedown get more viewers but he was an established pro when he started streaming.

Wasn't anything to add in hxc really.  Bomb came into the rotation later on, some games taken out, not really much to do..  and the mlg list in h3 was kept moderately up to date with each new variation of settings.  so yeeeeessssssssssssss they did.  i didn't say 100% up keep, i said as best they could.

The settings for Team Hardcore still had KOTH in them when Halo 3 came out.

So no, they did not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I could grab three other guys on this forum and I guarantee that we win at least 3 games out of 23 against ANY team and we're fucking am's. 

Serious-550x366.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 9

Hahah, thanks for the laugh buddy.

Ok, fine. Tell you what, I am going to edit that line out of my post and then please respond to the other, more pertinent points I made.

I dont understand the excuse that NV is getting from the forum, you know this old chestnut: "they're under practiced"  :wutface:

There is only one top team that didnt make a change in the past SEVEN days and thats AE. If NV is under practiced it is no ones fault but their own. All 4 of these players have been playing since launch, so the under practiced excuse kind of infuriates me. 

I could grab three other guys on this forum and I guarantee that we win at least 3 games out of 23 against ANY team and we're fucking am's. 

I swear to dog though, I am not here to promote some NV smear campaign. I just have no problem calling a duck a duck you know?

That's a trick statement because Pros post on this forum.

I think I'm pretty good at this game and could hold my own vs other pros when surrounded by a team of pros. But dude... me/you + 3 other am's would get slaughtered 25+ consecutive times by probably every team in the top 32.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We need to have a major team change again. All you guys bickering stinks. More fun when intel is running rampant.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hopefully oddball comes back without "ball throwing", or the really weird physics, or the NBA jam style fire animation.

well, you can already toss the flag really far using the jump n thrust so it'd be silly to bring it back.

Nope.

I'm not the biggest fan of the staff here, but Jesus Christ do you guys get overlooked a LOT by 343. They should have hooked at LEAST 1 Beyond staffer with a pass for the games to provide coverage. Kudos to you guys for keeping on despite what seems to me to be repeated disrespect by 343.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think I'm pretty good at this game and could hold my own vs other pros when surrounded by a team of pros. But dude... me/you + 3 other am's would get slaughtered 25+ consecutive times by probably every team in the top 32.

What are you talking about? Myself, Proxima, You, and KnightyKnight would destroy CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What are you talking about? Myself, Proxima, You, and KnightyKnight would destroy CLG.

Man Knightyknight goosed against EG you guys don't stand a chance :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I am excited about the announcement for updated prize pool.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am excited about the announcement for updated prize pool.

I'm hoping for it to be $3 Million +

I dont think KnightyKnight likes me very much but I think that the squad you mentioned here could hold our own against current NV  B) . 

I definitely dont think all of the top 32 would beat us 25+x consecutively.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Penta will beat Dream Team. Anima is a god.

I think it'll be a victory for them if they don't get steaked. None of the non US teams had to beat a single US team for their spots and its going to show.

This whole "WORLD" championship setup is honestly completly redundant because the only scene that isn't completly outclassed is the UK, and that is to the extent of them giving the worst of the best a run for their money.

Add that to the fact that the difference between UK and the rest of EU is, albeit smaller, still a big deal I think the chance of an upset by Penta or any team that isn't epsilon against US teams is about as large as the amount of people that expected Lethul to leave EG and Ogre 2 to get dropped.

Remember when C9 w/ Ola got 11-0ed online by WFX? Then placed top 4 on LAN and beat them?

nV is probably the most LAN-stacked team atm. And they will improve a lot - having @@Diesel will help as well (even though I still hate him for Tesla  :simms: ).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I dont think KnightyKnight likes me very much but I think that the squad you mentioned here could hold our own against current NV  B) . 

I definitely dont think all of the top 32 would be us 25+x consecutively.

We'd destroy CLG but lose to nV. :kappa:

KnightyKnight would be our veteran presence. He knows when to put the hatred behind him.

and obviously we would goose @lethul  :kappa:

Who would then retire because facing gods like us would scare even Satan.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not the biggest fan of the staff here, but Jesus Christ do you guys get overlooked a LOT by 343. They should have hooked at LEAST 1 Beyond staffer with a pass for the games to provide coverage. Kudos to you guys for keeping on despite what seems to me to be repeated disrespect by 343.

Thanks, personally I love to cover the events from home. Who knows, @@Saucey and I may go to Regionals.

Either way, can't wait to watch the event this weekend. @@Sandman will be there also to hook us up with some great pics.

• Upvote (+1) 8