CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm glad Breakout is gone. Hopefully never to return. I really wanted it to be good but the objective was ineffectual and generally just failed to do anything worthwhile. Symmetrical maps and no attacker/defender setup just completely ruined it imo. Then you have the grenades...

Hi @@LenoxCG .  Elevate and Overdrive both have team logos.  Elevate is an established org and check with @@Vetoed for Overdrive's new logo.  Check twitter for both Soar and Severance.  And  somebody in this forum recently made a Triggers Pound logo although it might just be a fan logo and not the actual team's logo.  TBD may also want to mention winner of LCQ.

Otherwise great work.  Sleek graphic.

It would also be nice to see the teams in their actual brackets. Will this actually be shown on stream or is it all fanwork?

I'm glad Breakout is gone. Hopefully never to return. I really wanted it to be good but the objective was ineffectual and generally just failed to do anything worthwhile. Symmetrical maps and no attacker/defender setup just completely ruined it imo. Then you have the grenades...

Hopefully Bomb Assault is worked into HWC Season 2 (if there is one) - always loved that game type.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Im glad they removed breakout from competitive play. Would love to see it stay as an H5 playlist in general. Maybe even continuing to tweek it to find the best possible version for possible competitive play and have regular polls on it. In fact they should have regular polls for all major decisions.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hopefully oddball comes back without "ball throwing", or the really weird physics, or the NBA jam style fire animation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Xgames streams starting tomorrow, guys?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

same situation as smash, default settings =/= competitive settings, also doesn't cod disable a lot of the killstreaks and other fluff too? games like counterstrike, lol, dota 2, quake live, most other fighters are out of the box competitive, many fighters go through balancing issues to fix tiers lists, LoL does it with champs, SC2 has done it many times too. gears 3 had a similar issue with contention over the retro lancer and sawn-off shotgun, just because it can be used doesn't mean it's fair game, some things don't deserve to exist in a competitive setting.

The version of LoL and SC2 is the same, plz no bullshit. Go play ranked LoL is the sane tournament setting, same for SC2, Dota, CSGO, Hearthstone. The fact is that only on console we have this problem where vanilla games are trash.

herrera-2.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

anigif_enhanced-25438-1403636343-2.gif

To everyone who said we should just give up. 343 will never get rid of it.

We have no say and we can't change anything.

MrRogersFYou.gif

This is literally my reaction :

Mr.Bean-Middle-Finger.gif

WE FUCKING DID IT !!!! RIP Breakout(now...pls no Radar)

• Upvote (+1) 3

You guys know what would be the best possible ending to the LCQ? Optic vs. Reality Check in a bo5. Viewership would be insane.

• Upvote (+1) 4

"Will there be an option to turn slide boost back on for customs? Really hate to see it go."

@@Bravo said:
This is something I can certainly inquire about if there's demand, which based on an early scan of this here thread seems there may just be. Lemme know :)

"So if people want it back, make yourselves heard! It sounds like they'd be willing to bring it back in some way if there is demand."

From reddit

• Upvote (+1) 2

nV will figure it out. Ola will quickly learn the most frustrating ways to stay alive and betting against Ogre 2 is generally not a good idea.

Honestly, I'm rooting for the best story when it comes to this tournament. I know people are hating on Allegiance right now, but if they won, that would be incredible simply because how long Naded has been in the scene without a tournament win. What better way to get your first win than at a 2 million dollar tournament?

And of course, definitely nV. Not just because if 2gre wins another tournament, but also Pistola just when everyone is starting to count him out. Mickey finally getting some good luck and most certainly Arkanum. He's like the journeyman of Halo.

EG would also be a cool story. Lxthul leaves EG for CLG and then EG wins anyway. :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just realized that nV is the only top 6 team with no new faces...

Cratos/Suspector on Allegiance, Frosty on CLG, Commonly on EG, Stellur & Spartan on Renegades, Unlegit on TL.

One of the best parts about this season, IMHO

Also, I hope to god that Regionals is B05, double-elim instead of the pools we have now - please based @@Sal1ent @@Tashi

• Upvote (+1) 7

The version of LoL and SC2 is the same, plz no bullshit. Go play ranked LoL is the sane tournament setting, same for SC2, Dota, CSGO, Hearthstone. The fact is that only on console we have this problem where vanilla games are trash.

i think you need to read because i said they were competitive out of the box, there were arguments around the comment i replied to that were defending mechanics simply because they exist in the current game therefore they should stay..that's where i used lol and sc2 as examples because when there is an issue the change the game across the board to alleviate the issue, they do frequent updates to make sure it works. 

your second statement is my key point, it shouldn't be tolerated, the vanilla game shouldn't be trash, pre h4 halo was social and competitive (or at least capable of being competitive, NBNS)

there isn't a conflict of interest. social players want diversity, sandbox style halo, wacky random goofy things happening, maps and vehicles and weapons which can create that sort of non-frustrating chaos halo was known for. the competitive community just needs things to be accurate, predictable, complex (not complicated), difficult, diverse(in gametypes) and not random or chaotic, both needs can be met simultaneously if approached correctly, it just isn't.

anyway i'll take it to the settings thread, if you want to reply, otherwise it'll be another derail.

Yeah after weeks of online qualifiers and theatre mode, it's going to be awesome seeing H5 on lan at a big event. Fingers crossed the coverage is suitably awesome.

Where can I find the schedule for xgames? Anybody have the link?

CZseyz5WEAE_fPO.png

Thursday

Allegiance vs Epsilon

CLG vs PENTA

Leftovers vs Team Liquid

Evil Geniuses vs Dream Team

Friday

Leftovers vs. Epsilon

Dream Team vs. PENTA Sports

Team Allegiance vs. Team Liquid

Evil Geniuses vs. CLG

Team Liquid vs. Epsilon

Evil Geniuses vs. PENTA Sports

Team Allegiance vs. Leftovers

CLG vs. Dream Team

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think on the simplest and most logical things 343 could do right now is to update the Team Arean playlist to ONLY include the official HCS gametypes. This would allow players to grind and practice even when their team isn't on.

If 343 wants to experiment with other arena gametypes, that is what the Weekend Playlists are for. Only update the Team Arena Playlist with OFFICIAL HCS gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think on the simplest and most logical things 343 could do right now is to update the Team Arean playlist to ONLY include the official HCS gametypes. This would allow players to grind and practice even when their team isn't on.

If 343 wants to experiment with other arena gametypes, that is what the Weekend Playlists are for. Only update the Team Arena Playlist with OFFICIAL HCS gametypes.

But Strongholds on Overgrowth is the best ever ..... :lxthul:

CZseyz5WEAE_fPO.png

Thursday

Allegiance vs Epsilon

CLG vs PENTA

Leftovers vs Team Liquid

Evil Geniuses vs Dream Team

Friday

Leftovers vs. Epsilon

Dream Team vs. PENTA Sports

Team Allegiance vs. Team Liquid

Evil Geniuses vs. CLG

Team Liquid vs. Epsilon

Evil Geniuses vs. PENTA Sports

Team Allegiance vs. Leftovers

CLG vs. Dream Team

Sorry for being nooby but how is it determined who plays each other Saturday and Sunday? Are the Thursday and Friday matches just for seeding purposes? Or do the best records from those two days advance?

I was turned off this thread the past few days after being burnt out by last weeks insanity and the fact people started up with arguing mechanics/bullshit. Having said that, congrats to everyone that was involved in getting breakout removed for the future HCS events.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sorry for being nooby but how is it determined who plays each other Saturday and Sunday? Are the Thursday and Friday matches just for seeding purposes? Or do the best records from those two days advance?

I'm wondering this too.