CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They're gonna update the game, instead of taking arena breakout out of arena, they take the radar out of it... Then they announce breakout isn't gonna be used anymore for tournaments, BUT ITS STILL IN THE PLAYLIST. I feel like i walked into a cave of zubats and got hit by the confuse ray

Yea they played yesterday. I think the series was 9-2 but again they had some close games. (ola was playing on a 5ms tv) I can say they're having fun even though they're getting beat. Lots of time to improve and i can see Ola slaying a bit more and thats always good.

Agreed! As long as Ola is fully committed like he was during H3, it will be a scary team
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Agreed! As long as Ola is fully committed like he was during H3, it will be a scary team

I honestly don't understand why people say that he isn't committed. I'm in team speak with him everyday and he's either watching steams, playing matchmaking on his main account or his other tags, and or scrimmaging.  He likes halo 5 and is excited to play more with his team.  Just because he's not play money 8's doesn't mean he isn't committed to getting better.  I believe come Worlds Ola will be a top 3 player.

• Upvote (+1) 8

They're gonna update the game, instead of taking arena breakout out of arena, they take the radar out of it... Then they announce breakout isn't gonna be used anymore for tournaments, BUT ITS STILL IN THE PLAYLIST. I feel like i walked into a cave of zubats and got hit by the confuse ray

XCeBoaj.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

I honestly don't understand why people say that he isn't committed. I'm in team speak with him everyday and he's either watching steams, playing matchmaking on his main account or his other tags, and or scrimmaging. He likes halo 5 and is excited to play more with his team. Just because he's not play money 8's doesn't mean he isn't committed to getting better. I believe come Worlds Ola will be a top 3 player.

Ah I see. That's good to hear!
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Optic scrimming nV now.

Game 1: Optic wins Truth Flag 3-2

Game 2: nV wins Regret Slayer 50- 41 (Optic was down about 15 kills at one point)

Game 3: Optic wins Empire Strongholds 100-3 (Yes, you read that right)

• Upvote (+1) 6

Damn, I jokingly said in TJs chat "scrim Optic, they'd put up a bigger fight". Maybe I was right :wutface:

Seriously though, Optic has a good shot at actually winning this LCQ. They've been on the grind this past week. Flame has been playing like 16 hours a day.

Damn, I jokingly said in TJs chat "scrim Optic, they'd put up a bigger fight". Maybe I was right :wutface:

I've notice you have a lot of hate for nV. Why is that?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I've notice you have a lot of hate for nV. Why is that?

I don't have any hate for NV. Mikwen is one of my favorite players, I just don't think they are performing. I think a lot of us feel that way. It's not hate its disappointment.

I think NV will be a serious contender by the time HWC rolls around though. Too much talent not to be, and they are going to be forced to grind which will help them.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah just to reiterate: there is/was no agenda to force Breakout into competitive Halo. 

You can repeat this ad nauseam, but until you explain why breakout shipped at launch while assault, oddball, and KOTH are still MIA, and why it was immediately shoved into the tournament settings without anyone's blessing except 343's, then frankly o'connor it's just a lot of hot air. Don't kid us, Josh - if Snakebite hadn't said anything, breakout would've proceeded as planned in the HWC. 

• Upvote (+1) 13
  • Downvote (-1) 33

To be fair they told us after a strong sample size it'd be up for removal if we felt necessary. Yes it was pushed on us to give it a try, but outside of that it wasn't shoved down our throats like radar has been for example.

There wasn't a big public scandal regarding radar, either. 

Though that's a bit hard to swallow, given that the pros just voted to keep radar in the competitive scene, which is something I thought I'd die before I'd hear. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bo5 double elim is a huge grind for a 512 team max tourney haha just my opinion. I'd be cool with Bo5 after a certain point for sure though.

Top 16? Should've thought of that...

I voted to remove it :(

but I understand why, don't want to do a complete flip flop in settings before Regionals. Even though it'd be 10000000% better.

Well, that sentiment is nice to hear, at least. 

Just when I see what state competitive Halo is in right now (and how it's basically out of the community's hands), I want to bash my head against a wall. Frustrating. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Seems pretty damn obvious that the only reason "Keep Radar" win that vote was because we have 2 huge tournaments in the next 2 months. Changing something that literally affects every gametype would be a lot to process in that time.

Seems pretty damn obvious that the only reason "Keep Radar" win that vote was because we have 2 huge tournaments in the next 2 months. Changing something that literally affects every gametype would be a lot to process in that time.

The huge problem with this is that we don't know if there's going to be a "next time". 

If the HWC is a one-off and 343 sees that radar was accepted, well you know how they process information like that. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Maybe nV is having flashbacks to Gary going ham on them in the qualifier and can't play well  :wutface: Optic just 100-3'd them on Empire Strongholds

• Upvote (+1) 4

I get the frustration, I'm right there with you on probably 99% of issues in Halo.

However, we literally have a studio head from 343 who just posted that he wants to be a part of this community, and wants to engage in a respectful dialogue, so we can get shit done. So let's give him that. Let's get shit done.

That is more than we ever got from bungie, and 343 in the past, and frankly I don't see any other studio heads or really anyone from the HCS team posting on here as consistently as Josh.

Were mistakes made in Halo 5? For sure. If we can relay these issues in a semi decent way then we can possibly prevent them from happening in a future title.

I dont know about you guys, but at least personally, I cant believe anything anyone from 343 says anymore. we were lied to from Halo 4, everything that is the garbage that was MCC, and Halo 5 being released incomplete, among many many other things, how am I supposed to trust anything these guys say?

the saying goes three strikes and your out, but 343 is on strike seven for me.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 15