CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wonder what's up with nV? :/ I know they're under practiced but they should at least win a couple of games

It looks like they honestly just stand no chance individually to the players of CLG. Lethul just mows them down in every individual encounter even when they have some sort of advantage.

It looks like they honestly just stand no chance individually to the players of CLG. Lethul just mows them down in every individual encounter even when they have some sort of advantage.

They won! Yay! Haha but yeah, it does look like that way. Hmm...

Yeah just to reiterate: there is/was no agenda to force Breakout into competitive Halo. The conversation I shared was in the context of asking the HCS team whether it should be removed based on feedback & how it was playing. Their only goal is to provide the best possible e-sports experience for H5, working with the players and TOs. The recent feedback here, on streams and via Joe's poll lead to a good discussion today, which resulted in the change.

On a personal level, I'd like to maintain a respectful dialogue here as a part of this community.

Hey Josh, thanks for checking and clarifying again. I am super happy you guys were willing to listen to us for feedbacks. You guys made the right call imo.

Also, I want to add I'm glad you're still interacting with us. We are always happy to communicate with people from 343. We want to help give a bunch of good ideas to further improve the game and make it much more fun for everybody.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wonder what's up with nV? :/ I know they're under practiced but they should at least win a couple of games

I think we're going to start seeing scrims be a bit more lopsided like this in favor of the better team with breakout gone.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm winning a majority of my fights :(

If by your fights you mean hitting snakebite off at 82-82 yup you're undefeated smfh 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yeah just to reiterate: there is/was no agenda to force Breakout into competitive Halo. The conversation I shared was in the context of asking the HCS team whether it should be removed based on feedback & how it was playing. Their only goal is to provide the best possible e-sports experience for H5, working with the players and TOs. The recent feedback here, on streams and via Joe's poll lead to a good discussion today, which resulted in the change.

On a personal level, I'd like to maintain a respectful dialogue here as a part of this community.

Sigh, I just don't understand how the results are so massively different from what you heard. It seems to be such a big discrepancy that I have no idea how thats reported. I can only judge from an outside perspective, and you have to understand some people's concerns about breakout having an agenda when we're missing other gametypes in place of it.

I do appreciate your interaction but I don't think anyone was in the wrong for questioning your info or whether or not it was truthful; it seems to be such a huge difference in a actual results to line up.

If by your fights you mean hitting snakebite off at 82-82 yup you're undefeated smfh 

At least I can win at something in H5

• Upvote (+1) 5

They're just figuring things out. They played Allegiance and CLG the last two days (the best 2 teams as of now) and they are losing some really close games. Losing is Learning, Winning is teaching. They have a lot to learn and I can say even after the last two days they are very positive moving forward and excited to play more. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Was/is there any conversation about changing the maps Breakout was played on before just outright removing it? I felt like the maps that were in the rotation were pretty poor in comparison to even some of the maps in the Community Breakout playlist. I would have liked to see at least testing done on community forge maps before getting rid of the gametype from the rotation entirely.

I hope both 343 and those of us on Beyond maintain a respectful dialog as you said.

They're just figuring things out. They played Allegiance and CLG the last two days (the best 2 teams as of now) and they are losing some really close games. Losing is Learning, Winning is teaching. They have a lot to learn and I can say even after the last two days they are very positive moving forward and excited to play more.

They played AE? Huh, I didn't know that. Yeah a lot of their matches were really close. Yeah if they stay positive, it will most certainly benefit them.

@@Saucey

Possible to get a poll for Bo3 or Bo5 for LCQ?

RT So we can get as many votes as possible if you care at least...  :weback:

Bo5 double elim is a huge grind for a 512 team max tourney haha just my opinion. I'd be cool with Bo5 after a certain point for sure though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They played AE? Huh, I didn't know that. Yeah a lot of their matches were really close. Yeah if they stay positive, it will most certainly benefit them.

Yea they played yesterday. I think the series was 9-2 but again they had some close games. (ola was playing on a 5ms tv) I can say they're having fun even though they're getting beat. Lots of time to improve and i can see Ola slaying a bit more and thats always good.

• Upvote (+1) 3

as a fan of breakout:

jamesfrancouhwhatev.gif

I thought it brought an exciting new element to halo but its not the end of the world. Especially with ball/bomb and other gametypes coming back.

oh well, hope AE proves everyone wrong and is still as dominant. But of course im rooting for T2 and whatever team he can pull together to qualify.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1