CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

you guys actually forming up and contacting 343? Is that what caused the removal of breakout?

I imagine the poll last night caused it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This very good for the viewers, I did not enjoy watching Breakout at all.

anyone know if renegades plan on playing tonight? haven't noticed any of them on twitch yet...

No. Its Ninja's and his girlfriends 3 year anniversary. And I believe they leave for Aspen tomorrow for the Xgames. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

No. Its Ninja's and his girlfriends 3 year anniversary. And I believe they leave for Aspen tomorrow for the Xgames.

meh Halo more important than an anniversary, forget that they need practice lol

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

I think it depends on the person I guess. Especially during the Allegiance vs CLG match, the game before breakout was super close and was very hyped up. Then breakout was next and it slowed way down to a crawl. IMO it felt like an intermission. 

Three things would have made Breakout competitively viable IMO:

1. Improve/Change Maps (Place stronger weapons and items such as Camo, Speed Boost, Hydra, Plasma Caster, Shotgun, Scattershot, etc. to incentivize big plays and map movement)
  2. Remove Grenades off Spawn (removes the 'random' aspect of having four grenades flown into your face off spawn; it would also be cool to see one or two grenades at each teams spawn to be a designated role for a specific player)
  3. Remove Instant Kill Melees (this is sort of an unavoidable issue, it is more of a problem with melee lunges)

Community Breakout shows that the maps can really show off some cool gameplay. The Breakout the pro's have been playing was extremely linear.

As for spectating, I like having some rounds tie. Obviously not cool when they tie 3+ rounds in a row, but a round or two throughout the match adds to a bit of intensity. Just my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I think what I'm most pumped is 343 addressed the problem so fast once the real statistics and Sauceys poll came out. Now my question is who got fired over the "polled pros pre Christmas and the majority wanted it in" comment.

"For teams competing at X Games, which does not impact Halo World Championship standings in any way, we need to be respectful of the recent practice time put into the game type as well as how soon the tournament is, and as such we will be working with team captains before making a final decision on the inclusion at this weekend's X Games event."

Who told Saucey to make that poll? Was it VinFTW? I remember at first he said no but congrats to you for being persistent about it!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Three things would have made Breakout competitively viable IMO:

1. Improve/Change Maps (Place stronger weapons and items such as Camo, Speed Boost, Hydra, Plasma Caster, Shotgun, Scattershot, etc. to incentivize big plays and map movement)
  2. Remove Grenades off Spawn (removes the 'random' aspect of having four grenades flown into your face off spawn; it would also be cool to see one or two grenades at each teams spawn to be a designated role for a specific player)
  3. Remove Instant Kill Melees (this is sort of an unavoidable issue, it is more of a problem with melee lunges)

Community Breakout shows that the maps can really show off some cool gameplay. The Breakout the pro's have been playing was extremely linear.

As for spectating, I like having some rounds tie. Obviously not cool when they tie 3+ rounds in a row, but a round or two throughout the match adds to a bit of intensity. Just my opinion.

IMO the grenades were probably the worst sin. It was very random. A competition for that much money should have the least amount of randomness as possible. It isn't a lottery. Now that's all moot since they have taken it out but I hope they improve it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now let's get some oddball, maybe some KotH in the future, and then update the Team Arena playlist to reflect tournament gametypes.

:)

I'm kinda happy that we'll still get to see Breakout on LAN once this weekend before it's removed though.