CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Example: Volleyball probably is more skillfull game than basketball, but basketball is more competitive.

:wutface:

do you even #sports m8?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

:wutface:

do you even #sports m8?

Is a subjective example, you could say that table tennis is more skillfull than regular tennis, but the latter is obviously more competitive.

On Topic: winterfox needs to improve on basic mechanics like shooting and teamshotting, so many missed shots I don't see that on other pro streams.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

OMG I hate it when this thread turns into a halo weapon discussion.
Could have sworn there was a thread for such topics.  :uncledrew:

Who is Flameswords team?
Any news on T2 and FiS duo?
I've been working Sundays so I keep on having to watch rebroadcasts, sucks I'm about to miss this whole X games weekend.   :( 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sort of off topic, but just went to Best Buy on a whim and they actually had the Elite Controller in Stock. Picked one up, and this thing is amazing. 

I almost have to think that the main reason a lot of pro players still use Scuf is because of sponsorships or something.

Anyways, if you are looking for one, check Best Buy. They aren't available online so you'll have to go to the store

If you use paddles, get the Scuf. If you don't use paddles, get the Elite. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does the Halo Championship Series use the same weapons as Team Arena? Or have they forged them to better suit the maps and flow of the game?

Does the Scuf have sticks that are very resistant?

There is skill to knowing which gun to pull out at which time. There's a reason some players switch to their AR up close, while others haven't learned yet that it's better to switch to an AR up close and keep their pistol out. This isn't H2/H3 anymore where all you do is use your BR.

I mean, I see some players out pistol and AR even up close. Some people are filthy with it and they are rewarded.

I understand the people that say "you aren't better just because you happen to be carrying a AR when I turned the corner and all I had was a snipe and pistol". But then again, I don't. That is the trade off they made and if they didn't want to get hit with the AR, they should keep their opponent at a distance with the weapons they selected to carry, or pick of something else.

If you take the argument of "you shouldn't be getting kills/deemed better just because you happen to be carrying X weapon while the opponent was carry Y weapon" and you take it to the extreme, you would have 1 weapon in the game.

This same argument can be made of CE. You have a sniper and your opponent is carrying a shotgun. He gets up close on you and you die. Big deal.

EDIT: sorry, didn't mean to continue this. Just saw Cyrens post. My bad.  :)

• Downvote (-1) 1

Another plus to the elite controller is you can change your sensitivity curves, as well as change out your stick for either a convex or concave stick, or even a raised convex stick, similar to Kontrol Freaks or w/e.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So is Halo at the Xgames going to be on actual TV like ESPN or ESPN 2 or will I have to go watch if from ESPN133 on a livestream?

So is Halo at the Xgames going to be on actual TV like ESPN or ESPN 2 or will I have to go watch if from ESPN133 on a livestream?

I believe it's only on WatchESPN, but I could be wrong.

Who is Flameswords team?

Any news on T2 and FiS duo?

I've been working Sundays so I keep on having to watch rebroadcasts, sucks I'm about to miss this whole X games weekend.   :( 

Flame is running with Maniac and FiS. He's also ran with lifestyle and others as there 4th

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why do you say this? Are scuf paddles just really great or you don't like elite paddles? I use elite and love the paddle so much. Never tried a scuf though.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I am pretty sure its on ESPN the Ocho.  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why do you say this? Are scuf paddles just really great or you don't like elite paddles? I use elite and love the paddle so much. Never tried a scuf though.

Yeah same. I love my elite and I use all 4 paddles

I feel like we have both posted this at least 3 times lol.

I get called out for being "annoying" for "repeating" myself. Meanwhile Cursed and these guys have been posting the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER for years because some people don't agree with them. Outrage?  :kappa: FYI, I don't really give a shit. Just trying to stir the pot.  :lxthul:  :weback:

I'm honestly trying to have a good discussion with you guys to understand your point of view and you're treating this like a full on blow-out.

Doesn't seem worth either of our time to continue this.

I agree. And honestly, I'm reading through these last few pages right now and am amazed that this is going on in the HWC thread. Seems like the general H5 thread has spilled into the positive HWC thread.

EDIT: AND I just was Cyrens post. Thank you Cyren. Sorry for continuing this before seeing your post. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

What does a post worlds "Pro League" mean for teams not going to regionals/worlds, I imagine (hope) there will be another way to qualify for the league after.

I don't like the elite paddles. I hold my controller pretty tightly so I would always click the paddles by accident. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I believe it's only on WatchESPN, but I could be wrong.

^

they are gonna show highlights of the event on espn but the actual live event will be on watchespn (and twitch obviously)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't like the elite paddles. I hold my controller pretty tightly so I would always click the paddles by accident. 

The secret is taking off the larger paddles entirely and putting the smaller paddles on the bottom :).

Edit: I actually stopped using the elite controller for the time being because of this: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251650-console-accessories/suggestions/10957662-update-accessories-app-to-fix-elite-controller-sti

Go try it yourself. If you go to the sensitivity curve settings for your controller, and move the thumbsticks, it's not a perfect circle. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The secret is taking off the larger paddles entirely and putting the smaller paddles on the bottom :).

I can see how if want 3/4 paddles then might be issue but 2 definitely no worries with what you said