CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well, it's strictly opinion, but the other games were much easier to get into and get good.

Halo CE was easy to get good at? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Quick someone tweet out a rumor about the Sub Top 15 teams to save us from this circular argument

I just want the Storm Rifle nerfed, that shit is annoying.

Key word is annoying. It's annoying for me too, but doesn't mean I want it nerfed.

So...everyone has access to the same starting weapons/weapons on the map and people complaining about balance?

cosby-shaking-head.gif?w=595

Pretty much my point.

Yea fuck me for wanting precision weapons to be better than autos right?

And you think Halo 5 has a higher skill gap than CE but I'm the crazy one? Please explain to me what makes H5 more competitive.

They are better - at a distance. Why would a precision weapon be better than an automatic at close range? Does that make sense to you. CE was much easier to pick up and play. Halo 5 has a lot of mechanics that make it difficult for new players to grasp. You have nostalgia goggles now.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"had to"

They "had to" fix something that made their game better guys.

People were starting to have fun in Halo. Can't have that.

game designers don't like glitches in their games, it sucks it was removed but i don't blame them for wanting it gone

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The storm rifle and the SMG are cancer. Please stop trying to defend them they shouldn't even be in the competitive settings.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 5

The storm rifle absolutely rips. It may need nerfed a bit but its a situational weapon that has a ton of value. 

I for one like the fact that every weapon adds tangible value and that there arent "throwaway" weapons, or weapons that never get used.

Situational awareness is key to this game (as is having a good shot obviously) and if you're slide boosting or thrusting around corners and into CQC with a utility weapon, than I would say your situational awareness needs some fixing more than the guns in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 7

TEAMS SEEDS DISCUSSION

FREE US FROM THIS BALANCE SANDBOX NONSENSE

• Upvote (+1) 6

my problem is they were really shady about taking out the glitch. first of all they could have done it sooner before people got use to it as a mechanic. also when people asked about it at the EU qualifier they could have confirmed that it was being taken out instead of whatever generic answer they gave us.

i would have liked to see the glitch stay, but since they wanted it out they could have been a little less shady about it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

TEAMS SEEDS DISCUSSION

Optic going to win LCQ.

Optic going to finish top 6 @ HWC.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

@@Cursed Lemon

I just want you to know that I've been a part of this scene for 13 years, now, and you are probably one of my favorite people to read/listen to. Every point I have ever tried to get across regarding the competitive aspect of Halo since Halo 3 has been much more elegantly stated by you. I've never agreed with someone about Halo more than I agree with you. What I'm trying to say is, I think I may have caught some feelings.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

just played that pit inspired breakout map and it actually is pretty freakin sweet. 

I obv still dont think breakout should be a competitive gametype but whoever made that map did an awesome job.

just played that pit inspired breakout map and it actually is pretty freakin sweet. 

I obv still dont think breakout should be a competitive gametype but whoever made that map did an awesome job.

Yeah overall the playlist was way more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

Plus the forge maps look great in the style, makes me feel like I'm in TRON

No, they are not fine.

It would've been alright if an OP automatic was put on the map as a power weapon, like the SAW. But the fact that you can just run around and find a spray weapon that feeds you free, skill-less kills pretty much anywhere is nonsense.

Get better....

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

TEAMS SEEDS DISCUSSION

Yeah overall the playlist was way more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

Plus the forge maps look great in the style, makes me feel like I'm in TRON

Remind me how this is related to TEAMS SEEDS DISCUSSION again?

Keep in mind, its actually championship teams seeds AND discussion.

If you are going to complain about the thread being derailed why are you doing it yourself?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yea fuck me for wanting precision weapons to be better than autos right?

And you think Halo 5 has a higher skill gap than CE but I'm the crazy one? Please explain to me what makes H5 more competitive.

Competitive and skillfull are different terms, probably H5 is more competitive than Halo1 since more people play it, and Halo1 is probably more skillfull than Halo5. But are two different things.

Example: Volleyball probably is more skillfull game than basketball, but basketball is more competitive.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Remind me how this is related to TEAMS SEEDS DISCUSSION again?

Keep in mind, its actually championship teams seeds AND discussion.

If you are going to complain about the thread being derailed why are you doing it yourself?

Fair

Parallel to HCS, are more than just Final Boss team/brands still owned by MLG?

I know that as more organizations move into Halo we will be seeing less and less of the classic team names, but I miss a lot of them.

sQ, Instinct, Classic, Carbon, etc.?

• Upvote (+1) 1