CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That has nothing to do with what I said.

I have no idea whether I should be walking around with my pistol out, my BR out, my DMR out, my SMG out, my storm rifle out, my AR out, etc. because it has nothing to do with how good I am with said weapon, but rather on what the other guy is packing when I turn that corner.

That is bullshit.

I'm not super familiar with a lot of other esports games, but wouldn't that be the case in CoD, CS:GO, GoW as well? Everyone uses different weapons? I could be off base because I've only watched each of these a handful of times.

You mean like rockets and sniper? If you really want the game to competitive in the sense of the word that you're using it, they should remove all power-ups and power weapons as well.

Holy fuck are you kidding me? Power weapons spawn on known timers in neutral locations where teams fight over them to gain control of them. They don't just take 2 steps pick up an auto and beat a guy using a pistol.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

For me personally, I LOVE Halo 5's gun balance. Sure, I would definitely say some of the strengths are SLIGHTLY out of tune (wassup Storm Rifle). But for the first time in a Halo game, I feel like I can pick up any weapon

Who.

CARES.

Seriously, someone explain to me why it is apparently SUPER important that we have a bunch of guns that do the same thing and are roughly equally as strong across vastly overlapping distances. Because I am really flopping hard when trying to understand how this is a boon to gameplay.

and be relevant in the proper scenario.

You're about 14 years late to the party on that one.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm not super familiar with a lot of other esports games, but wouldn't that be the case in CoD, CS:GO, GoW as well? Everyone uses different weapons? I could be off base because I've only watched each of these a handful of times.

Those are completely different games with completely different mechanics.

Holy fuck are you kidding me? Power weapons spawn on known timers in neutral locations where teams fight over them to gain control of them. They don't just take 2 steps pick up an auto and beat a guy using a pistol.

Oh, I thought we were exaggerating each others points like this below (which I never said):

So switching to a weapon is now more skillful than out shooting an opponent? Gotcha. 

Who.

CARES.

Seriously, someone explain to me why it is apparently SUPER important that we have a bunch of guns that do the same thing and are roughly equally as strong across vastly overlapping distances. Because I am really flopping hard when trying to understand how this is a boon to gameplay.

You're about 14 years late to the party on that one.

I'm honestly trying to have a good discussion with you guys to understand your point of view and you're treating this like a full on blow-out.

Doesn't seem worth either of our time to continue this.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yea Halo 4 REALLY shows that point buddy. If you think it's more skillful to pick up a weapon and just so happen to face a guy with a worse weapon instead of actually out shooting someone that is on an even field then there's no reason to continue this.

Halo 5 is still horribly unbalanced. And no I'm not gonna just "accept it" I'm gonna try and get team to make the game less casual.

No offense, but you are horribly delusional if you think Halo 5 is casual. In fact, casuals are leaving in droves because the game is too hard. Halo 5 is the hardest Halo to master with the biggest skill gap.

Honestly, 343 made a fantastic sandbox and I won't crazies living in the past tarnish to the point where it's BR, rockets and snipes.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 8

No offense, but you are horribly delusional if you think Halo 5 is casual. In fact, casuals are leaving in droves because the game is too hard. Halo 5 is the hardest Halo to master with the biggest skill gap.

Honestly, 343 made a fantastic sandbox and I won't crazies living in the past tarnish to the point where it's BR, rockets and snipes.

Slapping ranks on a game doesn't make it competitive.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Slapping ranks on a game doesn't make it competitive.

I didn't know the pros had a union and you were their representative.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Because that is the concept that Halo was built on - the utility weapon.

Let-me-hit-you-with-some-knowledge-GIF.g

Oh, I thought we were exaggerating each others points like this below (which I never said):

You yourself said that using weapons in certain scenarios is more important than actually outplaying someone on a level playing field. So no I'm not exaggerating, if you think Halo 5 is better now than it would be with nerfed utos then you are proving my point.

Don't get ahead of yourself...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dear God

Yeah, time to get off your high horse thinking you know what's best for Halo. Your attitude is just toxic to the growth of a (dying) franchise. I want this game to succeed, not please to relics of the past that can't move on.

Don't get ahead of yourself...

Well, it's strictly opinion, but the other games were much easier to get into and get good.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

You yourself said that using weapons in certain scenarios is more important than actually outplaying someone on a level playing field. So no I'm not exaggerating, if you think Halo 5 is better now than it would be with nerfed utos then you are proving my point.

Again, I never said that. I also never said it was "more skillful". All I said was it still requires skill to know which gun to use when. And the only reason I even mentioned it is because there are lots of people who imply that there's no skill at all in knowing that autos are better to use at certain times than the pistol/br/etc.

There is skill to knowing which gun to pull out at which time. There's a reason some players switch to their AR up close, while others haven't learned yet that it's better to switch to an AR up close and keep their pistol out. 

If you're here to shit on Halo 5 as a game, why are you here?  Go complain in the Waypoint forums, not in this HCS thread. There are people here that would like to discuss the competitive scene of a game they enjoy playing and following.

(personal opinion:  I side with the 60% of pros that want radar kept in place and the 62.5% that think autos are fine as is [based on the @@Saucey pro poll], but I certainly see the arguments for the opposite viewpoint)

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Beast thinks skil is only aiming the weapon and that's it. In fact all of the pros will tell you otherwise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Again, I never said that. I also never said it was "more skillful". All I said was it still requires skill to know which gun to use when. And the only reason I even mentioned it is because there are lots of people who imply that there's no skill at all in knowing that autos are better to use at certain times than the pistol/br/etc.

It does require certain skill. But that doesn't mean it's more beneficial than a game where the sandbox revolves around a utility weapon.

So...everyone has access to the same starting weapons/weapons on the map and people complaining about balance?

cosby-shaking-head.gif?w=595

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Beast thinks skil is only aiming the weapon and that's it. In fact all of the pros will tell you otherwise.

Yea fuck me for wanting precision weapons to be better than autos right?

And you think Halo 5 has a higher skill gap than CE but I'm the crazy one? Please explain to me what makes H5 more competitive.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1