CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Snipedown barely touches the autos and does fine. Goodness forbid all of the guns are good, right? I honestly think you guys just hate getting killed by autos and start complaining. Sandbox is fine and most pros would agree with me on this one.

It doesn't matter how good he does. He would be doing better if no one was using the autos and it was just him facing other precision weapon users.

It was for speedrunners :(

I'm sorry for your loss. It might not be widely accepted in competitive but I for one enjoyed seeing it and knowing that someone could make a huge play with it. Widening the skill gap is important and removing button combos/tricks like that is doing the opposite. Along with keeping radar and breakout...

• Upvote (+1) 3

People seriously don't fucking get this and it's getting out of hand. Halo 5 is not balanced AT ALL. All the autos have better perfect kill times that the rifles. How the fuck is that balanced? Te rifles all shit on the pistol. How is that balance? So many people defend the autos saying "it's cuz you get shit on by them". Well here's a statement "you want autos to be powerful because you get shit on in rifle duels".

Too many people defend this games balance and I know that's a major thing that is gonna make 343 keep it the same.

If you had never seen a halo game played before, you wouldn't be making this argument most likely. Yes, the Autos have better kill times up close, and the precision weapons have better kill times from a distance. That seems pretty balanced to me. Make a trade-off, distance for power.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Snipedown barely touches the autos and does fine. Goodness forbid all of the guns are good, right? I honestly think you guys just hate getting killed by autos and start complaining. Sandbox is fine and most pros would agree with me on this one.

Snipedown uses storm rifle all the time. Not saying that's a bad thing though.

If you had never seen a halo game played before, you wouldn't be making this argument most likely. Yes, the Autos have better kill times up close, and the precision weapons have better kill times from a distance. That seems pretty balanced to me. Make a trade-off, distance for power.

Skill is what should determine kill times not "lol I picked up this weapon I win no matter what".

Do you think this game is more balanced than CE? Your answer to this question will either completely crap on your previous statement or show you don't know what balance is. Answer wisely.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 6

People seriously don't fucking get this and it's getting out of hand. Halo 5 is not balanced AT ALL. All the autos have better perfect kill times that the rifles. How the fuck is that balanced? Te rifles all shit on the pistol. How is that balance? So many people defend the autos saying "it's cuz you get shit on by them". Well here's a statement "you want autos to be powerful because you get shit on in rifle duels".

Too many people defend this games balance and I know that's a major thing that is gonna make 343 keep it the same.

I'm failing to see any merit in the argument that the pistol SHOULD be as good as the rifles.

Pistol vs. Rifle balance seems perfectly fine to me. Why would you want the starting weapon of a pistol to be as powerful as the rifles?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

It doesn't matter how good he does. He would be doing better if no one was using the autos and it was just him facing other precision weapon users.

For once I am happy Halo's PVP isn't homogonized. It's time to move on and I say this as someone who has been playing for over 10 years now.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm failing to see any merit in the argument that the pistol SHOULD be as good as the rifles.

Pistol vs. Rifle balance seems perfectly fine to me. Why would you want the starting weapon of a pistol to be as powerful as the rifles?

The pistol is more difficult to use and is supposed to be a utility weapon. As it is now the game leads to snowballing.

Skill is what should determine kill times not "lol I picked up this weapon I win no matter what".

Do you think this game is more balanced than CE? Your answer to this question will either completely crap on your previous statement or show you don't know what balance is. Answer wisely.

I only VERY casually played CE so I'm not sure I can judge the game competitively, as I've never even seen it played competitively. I didn't get into the competitive scene until H2. 

There is skill to knowing which gun to pull out at which time. There's a reason some players switch to their AR up close, while others haven't learned yet that it's better to switch to an AR up close and keep their pistol out. This isn't H2/H3 anymore where all you do is use your BR.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For once I am happy Halo's PVP isn't homogonized. It's time to move on and I say this as someone who has been playing for over 10 years now.

Then play a different game. Halo has always been centered around a precision utility weapon. It's not time to move on it's time to get back to the roots. Halo has been declining for a while because of these mechanics. Obviously the previous games did something right that 343 is missing.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Then play a different game. Halo has always been centered around a precision utility weapon. It's not time to move on it's time to get back to the roots. Halo has been declining for a while because of these mechanics. Obviously the previous games did something right that 343 is missing.

Why should a rifle better in CQC than an auto? Stop being so salty and I don't even use autos most of the time. You apparently have trouble adjusting your playstyle to switch weapons when needed. Halo is no longer a game of running around with one gun. And I won't play a different game. Why don't you play a different game? Halo 5 shifted a lot of traditional mechanics and it's nice to a see game with multiple weapons being used.

I didn't read one Pro complaining about autos yet. You know why? They learned which situations autos are good in and which they are not.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Basing the game on what weapon someone randomly has when turning a corner is a complete and utter crock, and one of the biggest reasons H5 is shit for gunplay.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I only VERY casually played CE so I'm not sure I can judge the game competitively, as I've never even seen it played competitively. I didn't get into the competitive scene until H2.

There is skill to knowing which gun to pull out at which time. There's a reason some players switch to their AR up close, while others haven't learned yet that it's better to switch to an AR up close and keep their pistol out. This isn't H2/H3 anymore where all you do is use your BR.

So switching to a weapon is now more skillful than out shooting an opponent? Gotcha. And no one said it has to be like H2/H3 but easy to use automatics are not the answer to "variety".

Idc that you say it .001 to all your other posts... You still repeat it alot. I dont care if you had sex with my mom but if you say it everyday it gets annoying... just saying

Welcome to the TB forums, where the same 10-15 high-volume forum users spam F5 and post the same rant over and over and over and over in the H5 and HWC threads.  Seriously, you guys need more entertaining day jobs

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why should a rifle better in CQC than an auto? Stop being so salty and I don't even use autos most of the time. You apparently have trouble adjusting your playstyle to switch weapons when needed. Halo is no longer a game of running around with one gun. And I won't play a different game. Why don't you play a different game? Halo 5 shifted a lot of traditional mechanics and it's nice to a see game with multiple weapons being used.

I didn't read one Pro complaining about autos yet. You know why? They learned which situations autos are good in and which they are not.

Lol how do you know how well I play? Saying the autos are completely bullshit doesn't mean I'm bad at the game. It means the autos are bullshit. I don't care if the pros don't complain because pros have said questionable things before. Most pros don't complain because they say it "brings the casuals".

So switching to a weapon is now more skillful than out shooting an opponent? Gotcha. And no one said it has to be like H2/H3 but easy to use automatics are not the answer to "variety".

Lol how do you know how well I play? Saying the autos are completely bullshit doesn't mean I'm bad at the game. It means the autos are bullshit. I don't care if the pros don't complain because pros have said questionable things before. Most pros don't complain because they say it "brings the casuals".

It seems you have trouble comprehending that skill is a multidimensional thing - not just aiming a weapon. Making good decisions is part of skill too and understanding all of the weapons. Difference between pros and casuals: Pros get good and learn, casuals complain until they get what they want.

I never said you're bad at the game, but autos are not bullshit. You just get mad for getting killed by them (so do I). Get used to it. Halo 5 is one of the most balanced sandboxes Halo has ever seen.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Basing the game on what weapon someone randomly has when turning a corner is a complete and utter crock, and one of the biggest reasons H5 is shit for gunplay.

Everyone spawns with the same weapons and has the same ability to pick up a weapon as everyone else. Some players put heavy focus on picking up the storm rifle, while others stick with their pistol and then trade their AR for a battle rifle, keeping only two precision weapons. That's their choice.

To be clear, I literally thought I'd never be a person to defend either radar or autos, but watching this game without the "I already hate this game before I've seen it because 343 made it" mentality has made me see how refreshing of a game it is (not saying that's how a lot of you went into the game, but that's how I have gone into the last few halos). H2 and H3 were GOATs for their time and I have and always will love them for that. I really enjoy the fact that not everyone is using the exact same gun all the time. It's another whole dynamic that I enjoy watching in this game. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

It seems you have trouble comprehending that skill is a multidimensional thing - not just aiming a weapon. Making good decisions is part of skill too and understanding all of the weapons. Difference between pros and casuals: Pros get good and learn, casuals complain until they get what they want.

Yea Halo 4 REALLY shows that point buddy. If you think it's more skillful to pick up a weapon and just so happen to face a guy with a worse weapon instead of actually out shooting someone that is on an even field then there's no reason to continue this.

Halo 5 is still horribly unbalanced. And no I'm not gonna just "accept it" I'm gonna try and get team to make the game less casual.

You really need to work on your reading comprehension. Where did I say MORE SKILLFUL? I said it also requires some skill. People act like a random joe schmo could now go pro because all that's required is crouching with an AR.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Cursed Lemon 

@My Namez BEAST

Think we could all just go in circles on this topic to be perfectly honest. We are basically just attempting to debate personal preference.

For me personally, I LOVE Halo 5's gun balance. Sure, I would definitely say some of the strengths are SLIGHTLY out of tune (wassup Storm Rifle). But for the first time in a Halo game, I feel like I can pick up any weapon and be relevant in the proper scenario. Every game before this - pick up or start with a BR = relevant in all scenarios because there were no other weapons with strengths that could compare. Half of the gun sandbox was useless in the past games. That doesn't feel fun or correct.

As for the pistol thing, I think it adds a lot of variety and another level to play. There are times when I've seen pro players / teams say that they need to focus on picking up Battle Rifles to make sure they win their long range battles more often. I think having to seek out some of the rifles for a SMALL advantage (albeit definite advantage) over the pistol is good for the game.

Everyone spawns with the same weapons and has the same ability to pick up a weapon as everyone else. Some players put heavy focus on picking up the storm rifle, while others stick with their pistol and then trade their AR for a battle rifle, keeping only two precision weapons. That's their choice.

That has nothing to do with what I said.

I have no idea whether I should be walking around with my pistol out, my BR out, my DMR out, my SMG out, my storm rifle out, my AR out, etc. because it has nothing to do with how good I am with said weapon, but rather on what the other guy is packing when I turn that corner.

That is bullshit.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yea Halo 4 REALLY shows that point buddy. If you think it's more skillful to pick up a weapon and just so happen to face a guy with a worse weapon instead of actually out shooting someone that is on an even field then there's no reason to continue this.

You mean like rockets and sniper? If you really want the game to competitive in the sense of the word that you're using it, they should remove all power-ups and power weapons as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That has nothing to do with what I said.

I have no idea whether I should be walking around with my pistol out, my BR out, my DMR out, my SMG out, my storm rifle out, my AR out, etc. because it has nothing to do with how good I am with said weapon, but rather on what the other guy is packing when I turn that corner.

That is bullshit.

Cursed you gotta finish this for me man I can't do this. I'm astounded at what the "competitive community" has become. Defending this sandbox is crazy.