CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I feel like Breakout would be alright if we had a great map for it and only one map.

I've thought about that. One really good Breakout gametype would be ok in the rotation.

Yeah I noticed some people are saying its fine for them. I know huge percentage of users with TWC are affected by it. I guess you're just really lucky

I'm so glad I'm not affected by it. I'd be pissed. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've thought about that. One really good Breakout gametype would be ok in the rotation.

There is a breakout reimagining of The Pit in the community breakout playlist. Idk how well it plays but it would be a nice way to bring back a classic in a sense.

this eg vs leftovers scrim is awesome. super entertaining. super close. edge to renegades simply because games eg loses they lose big. games rng lose are by 1 round, 1 point etc..

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think breakout only works in a BO5 format personally. In a BO3 I don't think it works. Even then I'd prefer something different or a better breakout.

• Upvote (+1) 2

this eg vs leftovers scrim is awesome. super entertaining. super close. edge to renegades simply because games eg loses they lose big. games rng lose are by 1 round, 1 point etc..

Except EG looks like the better team. Just like last night.

I think breakout only works in a BO5 format personally. In a BO3 I don't think it works. Even then I'd prefer something different or a better breakout.

Maybe when this ball gametype come out we can figure something out. I think we can make a 1 life gametype work, but there has to be an objective worth going for.

Also, yeah , should only be in a Bo5 or higher series.

1166.gif

The Pit has had its time. We've had it in H3, HR, and a little in H4. Time to move on. 

How many times have I seen Dust in CS? Exactly. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I agree the Pit has been played enough, but it would be completely different meta in breakout and the map in the playlist is not a carbon copy of Pit, you can get on top of green hall.

The issue is, a BO3 with a Slayer and Breakout is over in 15 minutes, but it doesn't really dictate who the better team is. OBJ games like CTF and Strongholds show a lot.

The issue is, a BO3 with a Slayer and Breakout is over in 15 minutes, but it doesn't really dictate who the better team is. OBJ games like CTF and Strongholds show a lot.

I'm confused on if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me. lol

honestly i would love to see pit.  The pit is on the top of my list for maps i would want in H5.  Some others would be sanc, guardian, construct, and honestly anything with a snipe on each side with something to fight over in the middle.

Idk if anyone has noticed but there are no maps with a snipe on each side off spawn.  I miss that a lot.  Also no maps where spawns are split down the middle on slayer

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm confused on if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me. lol

Agreeing that Breakout shouldn't be in a BO3 that also has a Slayer gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many times have I seen Dust in CS? Exactly. 

That's not really an apt comparison considering the level of complexity that is in a game like CS. The meta of it still seems fresh because of all the strategy that is involved in a single life round based game with an economy. Not to mention how much more dynamic of a map Dust is compared to The Pit. 

I really wish Triggers Pound's 4th wasn't Danoxide. It makes it hard for me to root for some of these teams when they have random last minute 4ths like that.

I'm sure Danoxide is alright, but given more time, he would not be their 4th.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

but there are no maps with a snipe on each side off spawn.

dude I can't believe I haven't noticed this. Yeah that is messed. Sniper battles and such are a thing of the past due to this basically. I guess they designed the maps like that on purpose to keep everyone moving around the maps? I duno. I loved watching stalemate games back in H3, specifically on the Pit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you literally dislike a team because they have an up and comer that you don't know? It's 2016 man cmon, that kid is actually really good. 

He's so good I thought he was 1gre on an alt. 

The series went from EG 6-5, to EG 11 - 6. Rekt

That's usually how their scrims go. They start slow, keep it close for a while but eventually they fade.

So you literally dislike a team because they have an up and comer that you don't know? It's 2016 man cmon, that kid is actually really good. 

Yeah remember when EG picked up some no name because Ola couldn't compete? Look where they ended up, pretty good for a year but now they're about to burn him at the stake.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Finally starting editing on my H5 Montage  B)  B) .

Odds on Optic taking the qualifier?

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you don't know who the new competitive players are then

1. You haven't been paying attention

2. You suck and don't play high level MM

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2