CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How does the last chance qualifier work? Can anyone compete? If someone was already top 16 could they compete and take away a spot from the others?

Agree. And it wouldn't be that much extra really. Limited teams already.

To wait until Bracket Stage to go to Bo5 seems like a major oversight.

I mean, they have all the time in the world to be able to have B05's in Group Stage. And if they think it will take too long I believe the pro teams would be more than happy to make the Semi finals and finals a Bo5 rather than a Bo7.

How does the last chance qualifier work? Can anyone compete? If someone was already top 16 could they compete and take away a spot from the others?

if you are not on a top 15 seeded team you can compete

I really don't think this is the case. Maybe someone can contact MLG/343 and get an answer.

But in the handbook is says

So to me is sounds like Groups are based on seeding from the Online Qualifiers (based on points) + LCQ 16th place.

The only issue I've had is it doesn't explicitly say which seed goes into which Group, but after talking with others it seems there is a standard way this is done in all sports already. So it would make no sense for it to be different.

In each Group (A, B, C, D) you play the other 3 teams in your group. Bo3 format. Top 2 teams move onto a single elimination bracket.

And per this piece of the handbook

Bracket stage is single elimination, Bo5, until semi-finals when it is Bo7.

I believe the Bracket play is to seed those 8 teams from Regionals for Worlds.

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/the-top-15-teams-qualified-teams-for-the-halo-world-championship-north-america-regional-finals/

Ok so clearly NA Regionals groups are already locked in.  But I'm still under the belief that the HWC Finals groups will be determined by way of drawing from pools into groups.

The bolded part says that the team with the highest seed in a group will be called team A. It does not say that the highest seed will be in group A. So if Group 1 is seeds 1,7, 12, and 15, then seed 1 will be Team A in Group 1, seed 7 will be Team B in Group 1, seed 12 will be Team C in Group 1, and seed 15 will be Team D in Group 1. You seem to be interpreting it as saying seed #1 will be in Group A, seed #2 in Group B, seed #3 in Group C, but this is clearly not at all what it says.

I understand what you are saying now. But what I've been told from people that SHOULD know that what I've posted is correct.

It doesn't say anywhere in the handbook that teams a randomly drawn into groups either, so your point holds just as little as mine honestly.

Also, this part is what makes me further think that what I've been told is correct;

Regional Finals

■ February 19-21
■ 16 Teams
■ Seeding = Top 15 Based on Points, LCQ winner = #16
■ Round Robin Group Play
● 4 Groups, 4 Teams per Group
● Top 2 Teams from each Group advance to Bracket and HaloWC Finals
■ Single Elimination Bracket

That part about "seeding". Seeding is a very specific term. And it states it is based on "points". The only points are from the Online Qualifiers. From this I was told there is a standard way Group play is seeded, so it only would make sense it would follow that. Even though it doesn't say "seed 5 is Group D" or "Team D2".

Like I said, someone should ask the people that know for clarification. At this point I don't see anything in the handbook to support the idea that teams will "randomly" be drawn into Groups for REGIONALS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I understand what you are saying now. But what I've been told from people that SHOULD know is what I've posted and how I placed the teams into Groups.

It doesn't say anywhere in the handbook that teams a randomly drawn into groups either, so your point holds just as little as mine honestly.

Also, this part is what makes me further think that what I've been told is correct;

That part about "seeding". Seeding is a very specific term. And it states it is based on "points". The only points are from the Online Qualifiers. From this I was told there is a standard way Group play is seeded, so it only would make sense it would follow that. Even though it doesn't say "seed 5 is Group D" or "Team D2".

Like I said, someone should ask the people that know for clarification. At this point I don't see anything in the handbook to support the idea that teams will "randomly" be drawn into Groups for REGIONALS.

As I edited in, MLG announced the groups at http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/the-top-15-teams-qualified-teams-for-the-halo-world-championship-north-america-regional-finals/ and you are right.

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/the-top-15-teams-qualified-teams-for-the-halo-world-championship-north-america-regional-finals/

Ok so clearly NA Regionals groups are already locked in.  But I'm still under the belief that the HWC Finals groups will be determined by way of drawing from pools into groups.

Yes. FINALS works differently. But we are discussing Regionals.

The handbook is laid out poorly which makes this confusing, so just to be clear, we are discussing Regionals.

So pumped that it was officially announced! 

Don't think they've actually announced it yet. That video is still unlisted, I copied the link from the dude's stream.

Don't think they've actually announced it yet. That video is still unlisted.

Don't crush my dreams. 

Renegades 3-2 over EG on Coliseum Flag.  Ninja played really well and went 23 and 17.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Renegades 3-2 over EG on Coliseum Flag.  Ninja played really well and went 23 and 17.

lol at @@LethuL in the chat "nice job not falling off the map that game Ninj!"

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can't believe freaking dream team is going to xgames.....

Blame 343 and this ridiculous season structure

• Upvote (+1) 5