CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah, RNG matched them last night as well and destroyed them on Coli CTF. The EU teams are going to destroyed at worlds, Epsilon might put up a fight against the weaker teams like Dream Team, but thats about it.

Don't forget they made one of them quit.

When you see that TeamBeyondForums followed HCSStats on twitter.

But then see it was a fake account.

Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-05.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

How is a players union "bullying".  You know every sports league and multiple eSports leagues have these, right? 

You see it in the NBA and NFL with salaries all the time. Ever hear of a lockout? if no NFL players show up = No NFL games. Which leads to compromises and progress. 

You can only unionize once the league sees you as having some value to them. I doubt 343 feels that way - they'd probably be fine letting teams who didn't want to strike play for the $2m+. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

EDIT: Actually, yes it does. It says that teams are "drawn" into a Group. But there "draw" is based on their seed. What other "seed" is there but from the online qualifiers?

It doesn't say the draw is based on the seed. It says the position within the group is based on the seed. The draw as I understand it is as follows. Each group will have one team from seeds 1-4, one team from seeds 5-8, one team from seeds 9-12, and one team from seeds 13-16. Which team will be in each group will be drawn. So both of the following are possible groups:

Team Seeded #1

Team Seeded #7

Team Seeded #11

Team Seeded #15

And

Team Seeded #1

Team Seeded #6

Team Seeded #12

Team Seeded #13

I think if the top 4 - 8 teams approached 343 and told them they arent showing up to anymore online events or HWC unless proper settings are introduced, we would see something happen.

In the NBA or NFL there aren't 40-50 sweaty AM teams full of DDoSing teenagers willing to take the pro teams' spots

• Upvote (+1) 1

When you see that TeamBeyondForums followed HCSStats on twitter.

But then see it was a fake account.

Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-05.jpg

Fixed that.

Also that is a fan account or something, no anyone from staff.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fixed that.

Also that is a fan account or something, no anyone from staff.

<3

Also someone should tell HCS_Retweets and HCSNation about the fake account  :simms:

In the NBA or NFL there aren't 40-50 sweaty AM teams full of DDoSing teenagers willing to take the pro teams' spots

True, but the top teams do have value, but I am not disagreeing with what you are saying at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

http://www.twitch.tv/flamesword

Optics potential team running together right now:

Lifestyle, FiS, FS, Maniac

This could actually be a solid team. Lifestyle is good and FiS has been improving a lot. I just hope Maniac can find away to play like he used to in past halos. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm starting to think they are pulling money from new req purchases for HWC Season 2/Pro League. I wouldnt be upset with that. The 2m prize total hasn't moved in a while.

How does the hwc season 2/pro league work? Is it 12 teams? Do we know how the teams qualify?

1 million would be nice.

Someone made a good point that the money from REQs could be saved for S2 instead of throwing it all into this season.

Sorry, on mobile and tried to go back a page and it downvoted. Didn't mean to, <3

• Upvote (+1) 1

is lifestyle any better than posey tho?

Different playstyles. Think Lifestyle is more of a slayer - Posey's a very selfless player from what I've seen.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It doesn't say the draw is based on the seed. It says the position within the group is based on the seed. The draw as I understand it is as follows. Each group will have one team from seeds 1-4, one team from seeds 5-8, one team from seeds 9-12, and one team from seeds 13-16. Which team will be in each group will be drawn. So both of the following are possible groups:

Team Seeded #1

Team Seeded #7

Team Seeded #11

Team Seeded #15

And

Team Seeded #1

Team Seeded #6

Team Seeded #12

Team Seeded #13

So WFX may not be screwed after all.  :simms:

Team Seeded #1

Team Seeded #7

Team Seeded #11

Team Seeded #15

And

Team Seeded #1

Team Seeded #6

Team Seeded #12

Team Seeded #13

I honestly don't understand what you are saying. And I'm not going to pretend like I know everything. But it has been discussed here by people with more direct knowledge and connections to the tournament and that is how they explained it to me.

It says;

For below, Team A is defined as the first team drawn into the group. Team B is the second team drawn into the group. Team C is the third team drawn into the group, and Team D is the last team drawn into the group. For North America, the highest seeded team in each group will be Team A, the second highest seeded team will be Team B, third highest will be Team C, and the lowest seeded team will Team D. 

It makes sense to me.

interesting topic: 

in CS:GO they made a "players union" of the top teams, where they told Tournament Organizers they would not show up to their events unless (x) amount of money was on the line. 

It seems like we really need that for Halo, except instead of demanding more prize money, demand proper settings. 

Example: We wont show up unless: 

- Radar is off

- Sprint disabled

- Breakout is not in any rotation 

just off the top of my head. 

I doubt it would ever happen, but if it did they would be forced to comply. 

200.gif

How is a players union "bullying".  You know every sports league and multiple eSports leagues have these, right? 

You see it in the NBA and NFL with salaries all the time. Ever hear of a lockout? if no NFL players show up = No NFL games. Which leads to compromises and progress. 

I just think unions tend to complicate things more than resolve issues.  It also seems childish to say 'I'm not playing this game until I get my way.'  Compromise has to come from both sides not just from 343.

And don't forget HWC is still a large marketing tool and showcase of the game as somebody else posted earlier.  Radar, breakout, etc are all still in the 'competitive' settings because it is how the game shipped.  I'll be willing to bet a post HWC pro league will be much more in tune with classic halo gametypes.  

New Optic going to be better than old Optic.

The Lxthul blessings don't quit.

giphy.gif

If Maniac can play like H2A Maniac then I can definitely see the new OpTic at least being competitive against top teams.

I just think unions tend to complicate things more than resolve issues. It also seems childish to say 'I'm not playing this game until I get my way.' Compromise has to come from both sides not just from 343.

And don't forget HWC is still a large marketing tool and showcase of the game as somebody else posted earlier. Radar, breakout, etc are all still in the 'competitive' settings because it is how the game shipped. I'll be willing to bet a post HWC pro league will be much more in tune with classic halo gametypes.

Unions complicate things? Acting like children? What world do you live in man? A union is there to represent what the players want. If the people playing the game at the top level agree that something needs to be changed then it needs to be changed. Let's not act like 343 knows what's best for competitive because look at the way the game is now. They even tried to implement RICOCHET. Players need fair representation and that is what a union allows.
  • Upvote (+1) 2