CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

According to someone in @@LethuL's chat last night after he beat Allegiance, he's a "fat prick", I loled so hard at that.

Also, Happy birthday to Lethul and Danoxide on TP. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can we all agree that TRAAAP and Proxima are incapable of seeing both sides of the argument and are oblivious to half the contributing factors that led to Sunday's results. We can't possibly make judgments based on a tournament with so many unforeseeable factors affecting the outcome. Mental state of dropped players, lack of sleep, lack of practice, etc. The only facts right now are that every player on nV and CLG have won a tournament at some point in their career, CLG has won a qualifier with Lethul and Ogre 2, and nV is very capable of being a top 3 team. We should wait until after X Games and a few weeks of online scrims before jumping to conclusions on who got better and who got worse.

Yeah, its us that can't see both sides LOL.

All I've said is that 2gre isn't a Top 2-3 player anymore.  He got dropped from a Top 2-3 team, another spot on a Top 2-3 team opened up as a result (with players he'd dominated with before!) and instead of picking him up, that team chose a Top 4-6 player (with zero LAN accomplishments) over him.  That Top 4-6 team which lost a player then offered their new opening to Mikwen instead of 2gre.  If they felt that 2gre was this Top 2-3 god, they would have told Mikwen to hit the sacks.  Mikwen himself just essentially got dropped by his two teammates who thought that Ace/Unlegit were a better option.

Calculate it from all angles.  Only nostalgic nuthuggers on this forum still see 2gre as an elite Top 2-3 player.  The players who actually play the game certainly don't.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

All I've said is that 2gre isn't a Top 2-3 player anymore.  He got dropped from a Top 2-3 team, another spot on a Top 2-3 team opened up as a result (with players he'd dominated with before!) and instead of picking him up, that team chose a Top 4-6 player (with zero LAN accomplishments) over him.  That Top 4-6 team which lost a player then offered their new opening to Mikwen instead of 2gre.  If they felt that 2gre was this Top 2-3 god, they would have told Mikwen to hit the sacks.  Mikwen himself just essentially got dropped by his two teammates who thought that Ace/Unlegit were a better option.

Calculate it from all angles.  Only nostalgic nuthuggers on this forum still see 2gre as an elite Top 2-3 player.  The players who actually play the game certainly don't.

Top 1 in h1 + h2  :ghost:   :simms:

EDIT: Im being completely serious, i hope people know that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What can I say, my man is on fire today ^^^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3KskO3_2YQ

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You think nV is the most dominant looking LAN team? Really?

Yeah, Pistola was looking real dominant on LAN all of last year in H2A, know what I'm sayinn boyyyyssss? He lost, broke his hand, then did virtually nothing on Cloud 9.  So scary.

Oh nice. Hive minds are my absolute favorite. 

honestly guys there are ways of conveying your opinion without sounding like tactless forum jobbers.  I'm sure if you could figure that out you'd catch less flak for having a difference of opinion.

but what do i know?  i just bring the memes

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

So I was watching the Vision episode, and outside of @@Spartan saying that Leftovers going to OpTic wouldn't happen, I was totally bummed out when Hecz said he didn't even know the team name or who was on the team that Stellur was joining. I still have secret hopes that Leftovers ends up with OpTic but I know its not gonna happen. I think Hecz needs to pay a bit more attention to the Halo scene because he admitted himself that he doesn't listen too much to what people are saying. This is a growing opportunity for OpTic Halo if you ask me, and it would be foolish of him to pass it up. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not saying he is a top 3 player individually. I'm saying he is still capable of winning on a team with the right chemistry and drive. He doesn't have to team with the 3 best players in Halo to win. I wouldn't call anyone on Allegiance a top 3 elite player either but their chemistry, drive, and dedication is second to none at this point and in the end being "the best player" isn't everything. We should let the next few weeks do the talking and stop assuming any of us are Halo talent scouts. I doubt Mikwen, Ola, and Arkanum would team with Ogre 2 if they didn't think he was capable of winning.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Question: Why didn't Renegades just drop NInja and pick up BOTH Mikwen and 2gre? I mean 2gre is obviously a Top 2-3 player (ie: way better than Ninja), and everyone knows that Mikwen is better than Ninja.  2gre obviously had interest in this team, and it would give him an X-Games birth which Envy can't match.  He clearly wanted to team with Mikwen as he ended up pulling him away from Renegades.

Am I right?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 17

So I was watching the Vision episode, and outside of @@Spartan saying that Leftovers going to OpTic wouldn't happen, I was totally bummed out when Hecz said he didn't even know the team name or who was on the team that Stellur was joining. I still have secret hopes that Leftovers ends up with OpTic but I know its not gonna happen. I think Hecz needs to pay a bit more attention to the Halo scene because he admitted himself that he doesn't listen too much to what people are saying. This is a growing opportunity for OpTic Halo if you ask me, and it would be foolish of him to pass it up. 

I honestly felt like he replied that way so he could save face and play "the boss."  But yea, he should be paying way more attention to the halo scene so he can make proper moves.  Like listen to how he sounded when he was talking about the CS team under performing.  He's just venturing into these games to try and make optic branch out but he needs to be way more involved than he is currently.  Still a cool guy though for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 2

All I've said is that 2gre isn't a Top 2-3 player anymore. He got dropped from a Top 2-3 team, another spot on a Top 2-3 team opened up as a result (with players he'd dominated with before!) and instead of picking him up, that team chose a Top 4-6 player (with zero LAN accomplishments) over him. That Top 4-6 team which lost a player then offered their new opening to Mikwen instead of 2gre. If they felt that 2gre was this Top 2-3 god, they would have told Mikwen to hit the sacks. Mikwen himself just essentially got dropped by his two teammates who thought that Ace/Unlegit were a better option.

Calculate it from all angles. Only nostalgic nuthuggers on this forum still see 2gre as an elite Top 2-3 player. The players who actually play the game certainly don't.

Reading through this and I don't think I've seen anyone call him a top 2-3 player in halo 5. What people are saying is that he is still a very good player. You are just coming on and attacking everyone for no reason it seems like. Most people are just saying that he can't be overlooked yet. He is on a team which if really puts the grind in, has potential to upset some of the top teams. Again, this isn't saying 2gre is top 2-3 in halo, obviously there are better players now. He is however still very good and has a track record to prove it. Quit calling people nuthuggers for feeling that way.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Hecz has very little knowledge about eSports outside CoD.  His answer to OG Halo's problems was always "go hit up Pistola"; which to anyone with knowledge of this scene right now would laugh at considering that Pistola in this game isn't a difference maker at all.  You can tell that he's only fixated about Ola because of the general rundown that he's heard about in the past when he was a dominant force.  He wouldn't know at all who the top players are.  The same thing is evident with his CSGO acquisition: he was ecstatic about this NA team that "fell in his lap"....except it turns out that they're not even competitive among the weak NA scene.  Now they're sitting with a team that blew their last two qualification chances against teams they were heavily favoured against.

He really needs to bring on some people who have a deep-rooted grasp of what is happening in eSports.  Hecz kind of knows whats going on with CoD because he's always around the team, but with these other eSports I really get the impression that he barely knows what is going on.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If there was any remote chance of this happening, they would have to make sure there was no conflicting tournaments in CoD with the same dates of Halo.

The fan in me would LOVE to see this happen but it is a little far fetched. Formal and Enable would have to juggle practicing 2 games at once and have their CoD teams be okay with that.

Like I said I'd love for it to go down but just don't see it happening.

They wouldn't have to practice at all play win th lcq and go to regionals....from there if you place good if you don't oh well the only time you dedicated was the lcq and a day for regionals not much investment for the potential benefit

Question: Why didn't Renegades just drop NInja and pick up BOTH Mikwen and 2gre? I mean 2gre is obviously a Top 2-3 player (ie: way better than Ninja), and everyone knows that Mikwen is better than Ninja.  2gre obviously had interest in this team, and it would give him an X-Games birth which Envy can't match.  He clearly wanted to team with Mikwen as he ended up pulling him away from Renegades.

Am I right?

If Ninja would keep the aggro down, I don't think those 2 players are better than him at H5.  Ninja, when he is playing smart, is quite unbelievable at Halo 5.

However, that's opinion, and we won't go there.

To address why they didn't try to scoop both 2gre and Mikwen and drop Ninja.  I'd say it had to do with Mikwen/2gre wanting to team with Ola and Arkanum vs Spartan and Victory X.  I'd also say that RNG didn't consider it because the trio of Spartan/Victory X/Ninja has shown good chemistry and promise...and picking up 2 takes a lot of that away and replaces it with questions.

Idk, just speculating.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If Ninja would keep the aggro down, I don't think those 2 players are better than him at H5.  Ninja, when he is playing smart, is quite unbelievable at Halo 5.

I'm baiting.......

• Downvote (-1) 4

If you don't agree that ogre2 is trash, you are a nut hugger. That's what I've taken away from this stupid conversation.

Honestly I just want you all to stop already. Wait till the HWC ends instead of acting like you have future vision. Ogre2 has done nothing but be at the top, so until he isn't, can it.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If you don't agree that ogre2 is trash, you are a nut hugger. That's what I've taken away from this stupid conversation.

Calling him a Top 8 player is calling him trash? #TeamBeyondLogic

What would you categorize Envy as? A top 8 team.

Edit: what would a rational person categorize them as.  That doesn't include the guy who thinks they're the most feared LAN roster in the HWC.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3