CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ok your last two post make it seem like you're just sitting in a corner with your hands over your ears. 

Yes, there is a reason to bring nV into the argument, why? Because that is Ogre 2's current team. 

All I know is that Snakebite and Royal 2 have made the two best decisions this season. First replacing Cloud with Frosty and then replacing 2gre with Lethul. Those two decisions have made them the front runners for the HWS.

But you're comparing Ogre 2's old team, with his current team. Those teams are made up of different players.

There is literally no connection between CLG's placing and nV's placing and how good/bad or deserving/undeserving Ogre 2 is.

You are acting:

1. like CLG and nV just swapped players and the only difference between the teams is Ogre 2. No. That is not the case.

2. like CLG never placed 1st with Ogre 2. No. That is not the case.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Let's throw in that my controller broke the night before as well, and it's a trifecta!!!

My left bumper fell off of mine Saturday during a tournament. I feel your pain.

They replaced one player (that they play with a lot actually) when literally I have only played a 4s game with Ola in any Halo ever. That's the difference. Never played with Tom or Jake, ever.

Not to mention we got a combined 7 hours of sleep because we were up all night worrying our team might not happen

Let's throw in that my controller broke the night before as well, and it's a trifecta!!!

Mikwen, look I like you, I want to see you succeed and I think you're as capable a player as any on the circuit. Now that I have prefaced with that and I fully expect to get neg repped into oblivion for this, but I want to say that you have made some of the most questionable decisions as far as choosing teammates as anyone I can think of, the most recent obviously is the BIG one. EnVy over Renegades? 

The post of yours that I quoted comes off as an exercise in excuse making. I hope the best for you, but I think you made a massive mistake.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 10

The smartest part of them dropping 2gre for lethul isn't that its some huge jump in skill, its that it literally broke almost every other top team.

It is a huge jump in skill-gap.  You kids are so delusional it is hard to even take seriously.  Let me guess, CLG only won because they broke all the other teams? Seriously? Anyone who has seen them play before and after can conclude that they are a completely different beast.  They are a much stronger team with Lethul.  It has nothing to do with EG getting worse...which BTW is kind of a funny excuse considering that Lethul left BECAUSE they were already stagnating as a team long before they ever got Commonly.  Otherwise he wouldn't have left in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

It is a huge jump in skill-gap.  You kids are so delusional it is hard to even take seriously.  Let me guess, CLG only won because they broke all the other teams? Seriously? Anyone who has seen them play before and after can conclude that they are a completely different beast.  They are a much stronger team with Lethul.  It has nothing to do with EG getting worse...which BTW is kind of a funny excuse considering that Lethul left BECAUSE they were already stagnating as a team long before they ever got Commonly.  Otherwise he wouldn't have left in the first place.

I have not once said that Lethul wasn't an upgrade in skill, but the way you're arguing you make it seem like 2gre is some midtier high school basketball player and lethul is michael jordan. And yes, it does have to do with the fact that EG was worse this weekend with commonly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What? Huh? There is no greater evidence than literally comparing CLG with and without Ogre 2 and comparing how CLG (post Ogre 2) did without him and how NV placed with him this week. 

Which false argument am I presenting? 

i believe ogre2 was consistently the best player on nV in yesterdays qualifier  (stats won't tell you that though)

EDIT: This has nothing to do with any of the other nV players (Ola, Mikwen, Arkanum) i am just trying to make a point, to what the previous poster has said, i have nothing but respect for those other players and i am personally rooting for them

Whatever team Ogre2 is on, I'm on

I have not once said that Lethul wasn't an upgrade in skill, but the way you're arguing you make it seem like 2gre is some midtier high school basketball player and lethul is michael jordan. And yes, it does have to do with the fact that EG was worse this weekend with commonly.

Commonly was playing fantastic though, what evidence is there to %100 say EG was worse, BTW?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Commonly was playing fantastic though, what evidence is there to %100 say EG was worse, BTW?

Oh I agree 100% that commonly played great. But I personally thought that it was pretty clear that EG didn't play well and that they were still quite frustrated with how things went.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been lurking for a while, and just wanted to say thanks for all the reading material the past few days, its been super entertaining. As a CoD fan its crazy to see the parallels between the roster changes/drama in Halo right now and all the changes in ghosts after UMG Philly.

• Upvote (+1) 7

It would be perfect if Ogre2 and crew ended up winning this whole thing. Not only for his (and Ola's competitive record) but just to see what the response will be like on the forums.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Guess I just thought who do I want to be next to at a 2million+ dollar tournament and went from there.

Honestly you were spot on then. Once it comes tournament time, your squad is the most dominant looking lan team. I mean, you got the GOAT, you got the LAN god himself Arkanum, and then you got the wizard. Arkanum is good online, but he turns into a fucking monster at events. Same is true for Pistola. I'll be rooting for you guys, right behind Allegiance of course but I'm looking forward to how you guys progress.

• Upvote (+1) 3

what evidence is there to %100 say EG was worse, BTW?

None.  They were obviously not looking too hot before-hand otherwise Lethul wouldn't have left.  Its just a convenient excuse to try and sink what was an obviously smart decision by CLG/Lethul.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Guess I just thought who do I want to be next to at a 2million+ dollar tournament and went from there.

I don't make excuses almost ever, I know that failure is always on yourself.

but sometimes bad shit happens that negatively affects you and you can't control that, the last 6 days are one of those times.

Fair enough dude. Best of luck to you and I mean that genuinely. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly you were spot on then. Once it comes tournament time, your squad is the most dominant looking lan team. I mean, you got the GOAT, you got the LAN god himself Arkanum, and then you got the wizard. Arkanum is good online, but he turns into a fucking monster at events. Same is true for Pistola. I'll be rooting for you guys, right behind Allegiance of course but I'm looking forward to how you guys progress.

You think nV is the most dominant looking LAN team? Really?

Yeah, Pistola was looking real dominant on LAN all of last year in H2A, know what I'm sayinn boyyyyssss? He lost, broke his hand, then did virtually nothing on Cloud 9.  So scary.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

It would be perfect if Ogre2 and crew ended up winning this whole thing. Not only for his (and Ola's competitive record) but just to see what the response will be like on the forums.

People will just say Ola carried him again haha

Can we all agree that TRAAAP and Proxima are incapable of seeing both sides of the argument and are oblivious to half the contributing factors that led to Sunday's results. We can't possibly make judgments based on a tournament with so many unforeseeable factors affecting the outcome. Mental state of dropped players, lack of sleep, lack of practice, etc. The only facts right now are that every player on nV and CLG have won a tournament at some point in their career, CLG has won a qualifier with Lethul and Ogre 2, and nV is very capable of being a top 3 team. We should wait until after X Games and a few weeks of online scrims before jumping to conclusions on who got better and who got worse.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You think nV is the most dominant looking LAN team? Really?

Yeah, Pistola was looking real dominant on LAN all of last year in H2A, know what I'm sayinn boyyyyssss? He lost, broke his hand, then did virtually nothing on Cloud 9.  So scary.

If you actually watched C9 at events, Pistola was still as sharp as before the injury. Him and Victory were putting C9 on their backs.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Can we all agree that TRAAAP and Proxima are incapable of seeing both sides of the argument and are oblivious to half the contributing factors that led to Sunday's results. We can't possibly make judgments based on a tournament with so many unforeseeable factors affecting the outcome. Mental state of dropped players, lack of sleep, lack of practice, etc. The only facts right now are that every player on nV and CLG have won a tournament at some point in their career, CLG has won a qualifier with Lethul and Ogre 2, and nV is very capable of being a top 3 team. We should wait until after X Games and a few weeks of online scrims before jumping to conclusions on who got better and who got worse.

Oh nice. Hive minds are my absolute favorite. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1