CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You don't get carried to an event win and top 2 placings. It simply doesn't happen. Absolute rubbish and I'm interested in seeing how things will play out.

Carried? No, but it is entirely possible to compete for wins with three ELITE players as a "pretty good" fourth.  There are about a dozen players who could have taken 2gre's spot on that CLG team and the results would be the same.  Its not being "carried", its being a filler player on a roster with elite players.

You realize that at the end of Reach, AGL Columbus happened.  In that tournament a pickup team (Elite4) consisting of Snipedown, Ryanoob, Blaze, and NINJA just barely lost to the Instinct "God Squad" in the finals.  Ninja, the same player who spent all of Reach struggling to break ~Top 8 almost took down the team that dominated the majority of that game.  The same Ninja who most fans (and most likely yourself) probably concluded as being a "garbage" player.  What happened? He was playing with three elite Halo Reach players.  When you are playing with elite players, your placings will reflect on that.  Suddenly its a lot easier to look good...imagine that.  Ninja literally outplaced Formal, Heinz, Destin, Tizoxic in that tournament.  He impressed RyaNoob so much that that was essentially the start of the Halo 4 Warriors team.

Some of you can't seem to comprehend just how good Royal 2/Snakebite/Frosty are.  Why do you think Lethul left to go team with them? No shit Ogre 2 was placing well with that roster.  All he had to do was not fuck-up too badly.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Yes, Lunch is an electrician and Roy was nursing but I pop in his stream when I have free time and he said that he enjoyed it but wasn't his thing. Also talked about how Lunch and his family have connections in the electrician field and one of his latest tweets are that he just took a test for something electrician related. If Roy goes, my opinion is that Lunch will. Although this is early talk, I hate seeing this stuff. I hope everyone is ready for March because it might well be the last time we see the big names. Halo 6 to have a majority of fresh faces as the big guns will all probably be looking to start real life. We can't be 16/17/18 forever, guys ): I miss the good ol' days.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait, it seems I'm missing the subtleties of the rules here...

Why are the rosters locked for the teams that fell outside of the top 15?

Seems like they should be free to make whatever moves they want to, as long as the top 15 teams stay the same.

Could it also be that EG (CLG's main competition) is significantly weaker after losing Lethul? There are a number of factors at play. Furthermore, my post was not addressing you in particular; there was a far more egregious post by some poster a couple pages back.

I think commonly is a very good player and in fact I think he is one of the top players in the entire game. I dont think EG is "significantly weaker" but that is certainly my opinion.

I think EG got the best possible replacement they could for Lethul.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait, it seems I'm missing the subtleties of the rules here...

Why are the rosters locked for the teams that fell outside of the top 15?

Seems like they should be free to make whatever moves they want to, as long as the top 15 teams stay the same.

Rosters are not locked for those outside of Top 15. Whatever team wins the LCQ will have their roster then locked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont think anyone said he was washed. I simply said that there are better players who are more deserving in THIS game. 

Evidence though: CLG w/ Lethul 1st place after playing together for less then a week. How did EnVy finish yesterday?

That isn't evidence.

Those are two completely different teams with completely different players in completely different circumstances.

That is what we like to call a false argument.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Carried? No, but it is entirely possible to compete for wins with three ELITE players as a "pretty good" fourth.  There are about a dozen players who could have taken 2gre's spot on that CLG team and the results would be the same.  Its not being "carried", its being a filler player on a roster with elite players.

You realize that at the end of Reach, AGL Columbus happened.  In that tournament a pickup team (Elite4) consisting of Snipedown, Ryanoob, Blaze, and NINJA just barely lost to the Instinct "God Squad" in the finals.  Ninja, the same player who spent all of Reach struggling to break ~Top 8 almost took down the team that dominated the majority of that game.  The same Ninja who most fans (and most likely yourself) probably concluded as being a "garbage" player.  What happened? He was playing with three elite Halo Reach players.  When you are playing with elite players, your placings will reflect on that.  Suddenly its a lot easier to look good...imagine that.  Ninja literally outplaced Formal, Heinz, Destin, Tizoxic in that tournament.  He impressed RyaNoob so much that that was essentially the start of the Halo 4 Warriors team.

Some of you can't seem to comprehend just how good Royal 2/Snakebite/Frosty are.  Why do you think Lethul left to go team with them? No shit Ogre 2 was placing well with that roster.  All he had to do was not fuck-up too badly.

I don't want to have a foolish back and forth with you, so I will avoid quoiting you after this. Your comment is a blatant reminder to everyone that you do not have the slightest clue what competition consists of. We'll chalk it up to your lack of experience. But you can always brush up on sports economic theory, game theory, etc.

You can start here as a little introduction:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_composition

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That isn't evidence.

Those are two completely different teams with completely different players.

That is what we like to call a false argument.

What? Huh? There is no greater evidence than literally comparing CLG with and without Ogre 2 and comparing how CLG (post Ogre 2) did without him and how NV placed with him this week. 

Which false argument am I presenting? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I don't want to have a foolish back and forth with you, so I will avoid quoiting you after this. Your comment is a blatant reminder to everyone that you do not have the slightest clue what competition consists of. We'll chalk it up to your lack of experience. But you can always brush up on sports economic theory, game theory, etc.

oh-snap-gif-1.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

They replaced one player (that they play with a lot actually) when literally I have only played a 4s game with Ola in any Halo ever. That's the difference. Never played with Tom or Jake, ever.

Not to mention we got a combined 7 hours of sleep because we were up all night worrying our team might not happen

Let's throw in that my controller broke the night before as well, and it's a trifecta!!!

Sounds like contract issues as well... 

curious as to your reasoning behind this team, given the low experience together?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm trying to read @@Mikwen's post but there is just too much shade, one sec let me grab my sunglasses.

(Jk <3)

Your team is going to fun to watch!

• Upvote (+1) 4

What about the evidence that he didn't get picked up by another contending team? If Royal 2 or Snakebite got dropped in the same scenario, I would imagine EG or Renegades pick them up. Even the fact that Renegades was gonna pick up mikwen over 2gre is saying something.

Please don't confuse this with me saying he was getting carried though. He is still a very competent player.

Sounds like contract issues as well... 

curious as to your reasoning behind this team, given the low experience together?

Most potential is what matters.

• Upvote (+1) 8

What? Huh? There is no greater evidence than literally comparing CLG with and without Ogre 2 and comparing how CLG (post Ogre 2) did without him and how NV placed with him this week. 

Which false argument am I presenting? 

Has CLG with Ogre 2 won an Online Qualifer? Yes.

So what is the argument then?

That CLG placed 3/4th at the 4th Online qualifier, and therefore needs a roster change?

Well, they placed 3/4th at the 2nd Online qualifier, and then won the (next) 3rd Online Qualifier WITH Ogre 2.

And there is no reason to bring nV into this argument.

• Upvote (+1) 8

That CLG placed 3/4th at the 4th Online qualifier, and therefore needs a roster change?

Well, they placed 3/4th at the 2nd Online qualifier, and then won the (next) 3rd Online Qualifier WITH Ogre 2.

Seriously, it's obvious that we're not good right now.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Not right now, but I also really like the look and potential.

"I have no response, so I'll try to play coy."

What else would I expect from "TrueHaloMaster"

Ninja teaming with T2, Walshy, Best Man, Adrenaline, Totz, etc = Struggling to crack Top 8.

Ninja teaming with RyaNoob, Snipedown, Blaze = Nearly beats Instinct with zero practice.

Funny how that works, right? Its almost as if its EASIER to place WELL when you are playing alongside TOP players.

2gre teaming with Royal 2, Snakebite, Frosty = Placing Top 2-3

2gre teaming with SadOla, Mikwen, Arkanum = Embarrassed by Lifestyle and his pick-up team.  The same Lifestyle that was so in flux he was actually on Optic's roster at some point that same morning.

65503339.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Ok your last two post make it seem like you're just sitting in a corner with your hands over your ears. 

Yes, there is a reason to bring nV into the argument, why? Because that is Ogre 2's current team. 

All I know is that Snakebite and Royal 2 have made the two best decisions this season. First replacing Cloud with Frosty and then replacing 2gre with Lethul. Those two decisions have made them the front runners for the HWS.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm trying to read @@Mikwen's post but there is just too much shade, one sec let me grab my sunglasses.

(Jk <3)

Your team is going to fun to watch!

Lol, but I don't think sunglasses will help in the shade. Kind of the opposite of their purpose lol
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Only thing that matters now is that you're locked into regionals and can have some stress free sleep for a while.  Most people on here realize what you guys went through and understand your placing in the last qualifier.  Looking forward to seeing how you guys progress. :ghost:

If you guys grind it out I see a top3 potential. Need to go HAM tho.

or maybe I'm blinded by my fanboyism

I am such an idiot when it comes to posting images, charts, copy/pasta so I am not capable of posting my Excel image, etc. BUT I ran some quick data on damage dealt and I'll sum up the info.  Essentially I am interested in a damage dealt to death ratio.  I think this is a stronger predictor of team skill than K/D because it accounts for kills, assists, AND simply one's ability to constantly weaken opponents--obviously best if one is able to weaken the opponent AND stay alive (hence the death ratio). For the most recent EG vs CLG series:

(Damage/Deaths):

Snipedown 9817/63 = 156

Roy 9408/60 = 157

Commonly 9187/60 = 153

Lunchbox 8609/65 = 132

Royal 2 9905/41 = 242

Snakebite 10382/54 = 192

Frosty 10082/57 = 177

Lethul 9847/63 =156

On average, Royal 2 dealt 242 damage per death--almost 100 points higher than any player on EG's squad.  That's pretty significant.  What do you think of the validity of this stat?  I'll spend some more time providing data if I get some positive feedback.

Damage per death is such an awesome stat, wow. I wish this was a thing in-game.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Ok your last two post make it seem like you're just sitting in a corner with your hands over your ears. 

Yes, there is a reason to bring nV into the argument, why? Because that is Ogre 2's current team. 

All I know is that Snakebite and Royal 2 have made the two best decisions this season. First replacing Cloud with Frosty and then replacing 2gre with Lethul. Those two decisions have made them the front runners for the HWS.

The smartest part of them dropping 2gre for lethul isn't that its some huge jump in skill, its that it literally broke almost every other top team.

• Upvote (+1) 8