CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

yeah I believe you are correct. Hearing about Roy retiring after H5 is saddening. Hope he changes his mind  :(

Id imagine hes probably tired of arguing with his brother everyday.

• Upvote (+1) 1

New smiley? New smiley :intensifies: :intensifies: :intensifies: :intensifies: :intensifies:

I believe @@RyanW made this so credit to him, also credit to @@mediabrute for making it smiley form.

:intensifies:  :halo:  :intensifies:  :halo:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh same couple haters calling Og2 washed up??

People were saying the same thing back in H3 2008-2009. And then he went on to be an essential part of the most dominant H3 and Reach team (a team that dropped a single game over two tournaments). 

You don't get carried to an event win and top 2 placings. It simply doesn't happen. Absolute rubbish and I'm interested in seeing how things will play out.

Yep, you nailed us. We h8 Ogre2 because....reasons.

There is a big difference between realist and hater and even more of a difference between realist and fan boy. 

No one is "hating" on 2gre but I will say that 08-09 was a very LOOOOOONG time ago, for what its worth.

Anyway, I feel bad for hecs and Optic the brand, not the Halo team. The loyalty he has to FS and Maniac to a lesser degree is hindering the Optic brand in Halo. Optic, IMO, is the best branded, most well run ORG in esports and thats a testament to Hecs and crew. If they found a team of 4 (a current top 4 team) that could consistently place in the top 2, Optics presence alone is a key to building the scene. If they backed a "winner" it would help the scene more than anything else I can think of. 

Hopefully he reconsiders his position on replacing the current T02. Assault leaves and finishes top 8, stellur leaves and finishes top 4. I dont think this is a coincidence.

How good is Danoxide? Especially in comparison to Flamesword?

I think Optics best bet if Maniac decides to move on is to pick up Triggers Pound w/ FS instead of Danoxide. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Just to chime in on the Ogre 2 topic.

Obviously he is the GOAT. No matter what side of the argument anyone is on, I think everyone agrees on that.

In h5 however I think he is a second tier player. With that said I think some top teams have tier 2 players on them and some top 8 teams have tier 1 players. I think the fact that 3 of the top 4 teams right now DON'T want him is telling. (CLG dropped him, EG not interested, and as far as we/I know, renegades never looked to him as a 4th)

We can debate all we want as fans but the top players in the game told us how they feel about him when they didn't show any interest in him during this hurricane.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Literally Lol'd. Those two are always at each others throats.

Are you trying to imply that that is the reason for him deciding to retire after H5? umm yeah I'm sure that's the reason...

no more like he already put his work life and going to nursing school on hold for H2A and H5 but decided that after H5 it'll be time to move on and get back to those relatively more important things. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Optics best bet if Maniac decides to move on is to pick up Triggers Pound w/ FS instead of Danoxide. 

Roster is already locked. Not gonna happen.

Danoxide is good.

Roster is already locked. Not gonna happen.

Danoxide is good.

Oh shit, these past few days have been so crazy I completely forgot!

Wonder what team FS is looking to team with.

He's been a beast online. Definitely one of the hardest kills I've ever had to play against in competitive play so far.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is a major difference between stating that Ogre2 was a weaker player than Royal 2 and Snakebite at this game and the outrageous claim that he was being carried for the past couple years - which is one borne out of an agenda against the player rather than backed by any concrete evidence or rationale.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh shit, these past few days have been so crazy I completely forgot!

Wonder what team FS is looking to team with.

If Maniac decides to not play I can see FS sticking with FiS looking for 2, maybe Lifestyle or someone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is a major difference between stating that Ogre2 was a weaker player than Royal 2 and Snakebite at this game and the outrageous claim that he was being carried for the past couple years - which is one borne out of an agenda against the player rather than backed by any concrete evidence or rationale.

What do people who say Ogre 2 was being carried or is "washed" base their arguments on?

Have read hundreds of pages, but nobody has provided evidence.

That roster is locked now

What do people who say Ogre 2 was being carried or is "washed" base their arguments on?

Have read hundreds of pages, but nobody has provided evidence.

I dont think anyone said he was washed. I simply said that there are better players who are more deserving in THIS game. 

Evidence though: CLG w/ Lethul 1st place after playing together for less then a week. How did EnVy finish yesterday?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

holy, so many team changes since I last checked in on

what I miss....

It'd be quicker to list what you didn't miss.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont think anyone said he was washed. I simply said that there are better players who are more deserving in THIS game. 

Evidence though: CLG w/ Lethul 1st place after playing together for less then a week. How did EnVy finish yesterday?

Could it also be that EG (CLG's main competition) is significantly weaker after losing Lethul? There are a number of factors at play. Furthermore, my post was not addressing you in particular; there was a far more egregious post by some poster a couple pages back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would say that you also should take into account the fact that other than Allegiance, not a single top team stayed the same. And the CLG squad with 2gre beat Allegiance more convincingly a few weeks ago.

• Upvote (+1) 3